Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tennis

manc_don

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good enough. Didn't particularly look like he wanted to be there. He's made no secret of that fact though in fairness.

At no point did it look like that he thought he could win. Took 5 games of the 1st set to finally start playing. Was broken whilst 40-0 up and when he had break points he let Novak off the hook. Too many unforced errors. Not a good performance.

I appreciate it's mentally very very difficult to play Djokovic but if these are the best showings we get under Mouresmo then I think a change of coach is in order even if Dandy_Don does funcy her.  :wave:

Murray has the game to beat Djokovic and despite showing glimpses of steel balls it wasn't consistent enough. Still lacks mental toughness.

Still my hero though. 

Not good enough. Didn't particularly look like he wanted to be there. He's made no secret of that fact though in fairness.

At no point did it look like that he thought he could win. Took 5 games of the 1st set to finally start playing. Was broken whilst 40-0 up and when he had break points he let Novak off the hook. Too many unforced errors. Not a good performance.

I appreciate it's mentally very very difficult to play Djokovic but if these are the best showings we get under Mouresmo then I think a change of coach is in order even if Dandy_Don does funcy her.  :wave:

Murray has the game to beat Djokovic and despite showing glimpses of steel balls it wasn't consistent enough. Still lacks mental toughness.

Still my hero though.

I feel you may be being a tad harsh, I thought he played well in sets 2 and 3 and seemed to be serving the better.  During the long rallys however he seemed to be the one who ran out of patience first, which was very frustrating.

Djokovic is like a robot, no wonder he has the neutrals supporting his opponents.

• 1 month later...

What a match between Murray and nishikori today. 2-0 up and nishikori came back to 2-2 but Murray just had enough to win the final set. Some phenomenal tennis and he kept coming back. Murray looks absolutely knackered at the end of it and rightly so. Doubt he'll make the next round given its in between Wimbledon and the Olympics.

What a match between Murray and nishikori today. 2-0 up and nishikori came back to 2-2 but Murray just had enough to win the final set. Some phenomenal tennis and he kept coming back. Murray looks absolutely knackered at the end of it and rightly so. Doubt he'll make the next round given its in between Wimbledon and the Olympics.

I was surprised that he played the tie against Japan at all and was even more surprised when he played in the doubles. Keeps proving time and time again that representing GB means a lot to him.

I was surprised that he played the tie against Japan at all and was even more surprised when he played in the doubles. Keeps proving time and time again that representing GB means a lot to him.

I wasn't surprised, but I was about the doubles. He clearly enjoys playing for GB and Nishikori is world number 6. Had Murray not played, Nishikori would have pumped any of the others and in all likelihood, GB would have lost.

I see sharapova failed a drugs test at the Aussie open. Seems a bit harsh since it sounds like its aiding her irregular heart beat and was onky banned back in January. Guess there must be more to it though.

I do have a wee bit of sympathy. The list of banned substances is mental. But she has to (and has stated she will) take responsibility. I hope they don't treat her too harshly.

I do have a wee bit of sympathy. The list of banned substances is mental. But she has to (and has stated she will) take responsibility. I hope they don't treat her too harshly.

Good on her for coming clean first. Not that I think she had much option.

I see sharapova failed a drugs test at the Aussie open. Seems a bit harsh since it sounds like its aiding her irregular heart beat and was onky banned back in January. Guess there must be more to it though.

On Channel 4 news there was an expert on saying the drug is used as a performance enhancer. It originates from Latvia, is not available in the US and is used by a variety of other(mainly) Russian athletes.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's hoping the weather continues to play havoc with Djokovic's route to the final! That's the best change Murray's got. He's got the defending champion next but I wouldn't necessarily make Wawrinka favourite for that. Previously on clay he'd have been expected to beat Murray but the last couple of years Murray has really pushed on on clay.