Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 16700 times)

Offline tom_widdows

• Captain
  • Rating: 40
  • Miserable Cúnt & Architectural Killjoy
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #500 on: June 25, 2020, 05:32:01 pm »
In 2008 there was a film called Doomsday in which I believe a deadly virus is released and Scotland is used as a quarantine zone for the infected Mad Max style.

Given the leaked report from Health England and the scenes on the beaches of Dorset today (and yesterday apparently) fuck building the bridge to Northern Ireland I think a wall from Gretna across to Berwick Upon Tweed similar to that used in the film, might be in order.

I'm a man, and as a man I crave disappointment.

That's why I support Aberdeen Football Club & Scotland.

Online donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -53
« Reply #501 on: June 25, 2020, 09:49:09 pm »
I’ve been thinking about The Day of the Triffids

Nothing changes

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -200
« Reply #502 on: June 25, 2020, 10:45:03 pm »
The disunited queendom of grating britain has made another big error. By posting notice of further lockdown restrictions, following the easedom of some already, this is a bigger own goal than Citeh fucking up at the shitey bridge tonight.

Failing to eliminate the reptilian Cummings was as good as saying it doesn't really matter, the same shite that Jenrick got up to. The "common sense" of the people doesn't exist, which BlowJob would've known if he was fit for purpose.

The infection rate and the R numbers are going to spike bigly in July. I suspect it's already rising. Incompetence and corruption are indisputable and proven now. It only took a serious spanner or two to show the degradation of the mettle.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 77
« Reply #503 on: June 26, 2020, 09:49:40 am »
They've given up, haven't they? The Cummings thing just ended any pretence. They'll have their herd immunity, or die trying. The argument will now move to whether we should have had a lockdown in the first place, making sure we don't lockdown again. A few things learned: our economy can't cope with a pandemic, it lacks any resilience whatsoever. We're now a domesticated pet, completely unable to subsist other than on a hyper complex global system and any disruption to that will see most of us starve. This pandemic should have been a test case for future crisis, and we've utterly failed; we'll never be able to cope when a worse pandemic hits or the worst effects of climate change begin to bite. We've not set course for something better; nothing has changed.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -200
« Reply #504 on: June 26, 2020, 12:50:33 pm »
Possibly the best example of his true nature: -

When he lacks the energy to defend the indefensible, he knows he's a piece of shit, accepts that he's a piece of shit and likes being a piece of shit.

Unaccountable to anyone his whole "privileged" life, this is narcissism on an exceptionally grand scale, Trumpian in fact. Thing is, those who made him like this - both the parents and the institutions - fail to understand that accountability, at least to notions such as truth, integrity and decency are necessary. The biggest loser will be him. I predict alcoholism, major unhappiness and an early death, probably suicide. Trump's not smart enough to know his own madness. Boris won't be able to kid himself for ever. He's been found out by the vast majority and he will catch up with us in due course.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 77
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #505 on: July 01, 2020, 02:46:26 am »
Yesterday was the day that nzers were welcome back in the EU, can’t say there’ll be a rush to have it reciprocated, what with Europe being ravaged by the plague. I find it absolute madness (but typical of big business) to force countries to open. Seems like a lot of head in the sand going on. Really hope our govt continues to hold firm.