Author Topic: Big announcement from Pittodrie ?  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 25
Re: Big announcement from Pittodrie ?
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2019, 06:20:30 PM »
I totally expect any significant investment to come through Cormack's contacts in the US. There are plenty of loaded fuckers over here and we are seeing more and more throw money at 'soccer.' In regards to what they get out of it, much is simply ego stroking and look, I own a team! When I win the lottery that will be me, hope to be announced at Todders in the near future.

Thats what confused me about someone willing to invest.Why would you when youve got the Ugly sisters on the verge of strangling the Scottish game again.A cuddly wee 'Scaddish' team as a vanity investment would make the most sense...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 08:01:43 PM by Elgindon »

Offline SeeBass

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: -111
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2019, 09:00:05 PM »
Of course I want my football team to be as successful as possible but I don't want us to turn into a Manchester City type club where their success will never be taken serious by folk supporting other teams because it has basically been bought. 

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 37
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2019, 12:00:49 AM »
Of course I want my football team to be as successful as possible but I don't want us to turn into a Manchester City type club where their success will never be taken serious by folk supporting other teams because it has basically been bought.

Couldn't give a shit how we achieve it. Oldco bankrupted themselves hoovering up trophies for 25 years. Celtic now do the same (albeit with no dodgy tax avoidance schemes allowing them to attract players that ordinarily they couldn't afford).

I'd love a Yank consortium to put hundreds of millions in, allowing us to overtake whatever the record number of consecutive championships ends up at. And have Champions League football at the new stadium every year. Most of all, I'd love watching the fans of the arse cheeks crying about how unfair it all was. And also watching how the SFA/SPFL would suddenly attempt to find a way of altering the rules in order to ensure the arse cheeks could win again that fair play encompassed all clubs.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2019, 04:55:02 PM »
Hold on to your hats (anyone else seen the stuff circulating this afternoon......clue- involves the son of the owner of Atlanta Falcons?)

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2019, 05:34:47 PM »

Had a wee peak over the road. Pretty big if one let alone both issues are true,....but its the Hat rumour mill,so I wont hold my breath much as I want it to be true

Offline sooth_stander

• Under 21's
  • Rating: 0
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2019, 06:03:02 PM »
Hold on to your hats (anyone else seen the stuff circulating this afternoon......clue- involves the son of the owner of Atlanta Falcons?)

Somebody Blank?

Blankety?

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 18
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2019, 06:21:32 PM »
I heard this news from a guy I know this afternoon, who is pals with Joe Lewis, he also claims that the stadium is not happening and that they want to keep Pittodrie and plan to redevelop it.

The stadium part sounds too good to be true, but it does appear that Cormack is going to be the main man with some sort of backers on board with him, one very rich one at that.

I think we are just going to have to embrace this and hope that it kick starts some sort of progress for the club on the football pitch as at the moment it is pretty pointless watching us as we have no ambition to progress beyond a third place finish at best and we know our current Chairman is happy with this, which makes you wonder what the point of our existince is now.

If it goes tits up at a later date then fair enough, but we need something to change and hopefully this will be it.

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -53
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2019, 06:25:25 PM »
Cormack out.

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 13
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2019, 06:36:31 PM »
Heard this three weeks ago, though what a load of shite. I guess I'm as clued up as ever  :spaz: :(

The stadium bit above tho, didn't hear that, but unlike wiggy, deek isn't a fave of mcinnes, will. Need to up his game

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2019, 07:11:34 PM »
Heard this three weeks ago, though what a load of shite. I guess I'm as clued up as ever  :spaz: :(

The stadium bit above tho, didn't hear that, but unlike wiggy, deek isn't a fave of mcinnes, will. Need to up his game

Deek is very much a favourite of McInnes  :laughing:

Offline A llad insane

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 10
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2019, 07:29:09 PM »
Should be announced on Monday that Wiggy is stepping aside & Cormack (who has just purchased more shares) will be taking over.

Noticed that S.M has officially said he is stepping down.

Interesting times  :dunno:

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 55
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2019, 07:44:21 PM »
No more wiggy at afc?  Well, rockets missus will be getting rooted tonight for sure.
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -14
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2019, 07:59:33 PM »
No more wiggy at afc?  Well, rockets missus will be getting rooted tonight for sure.

Why, is he away for the weekend?

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2019, 08:13:13 PM »
Deek is very much a favourite of McInnes  :laughing:
*cormack

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2019, 08:14:34 PM »

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -53
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2019, 08:41:37 PM »
Number one priority ( by a million miles) is dump those ridiculous plans to move out of Aberdeen to that shitehole in the sticks.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -198
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2019, 09:53:40 PM »

You're confused. Having sex and making love can be two separate things. Receiving good news is a totally different thing altogether. The fucking idiot who sees good news as a foundation for orgasms is a VERY twisted and confused individual.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2019, 10:03:52 PM »
You're confused. Having sex and making love can be two separate things. Receiving good news is a totally different thing altogether. The fucking idiot who sees good news as a foundation for orgasms is a VERY twisted and confused individual.
What TLG clearly meant, is that this good news would have your testosterone and maybe adrenaline levels  rising, in such a way that you may have been inclined to give your missus a good rooting, what kowalski then  opined was that it was more likely that some cuckolder may have been more likely to do that.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2019, 10:08:03 PM »
'mon the cuckolder