Author Topic: Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding  (Read 33188 times)

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
Re: Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2019, 01:23:22 PM »
 Good source close to the club,cant name,but understand your scepticism re wages,seems mental,lets see what happens
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 01:38:32 PM by Elgindon »

Offline Slim

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -985
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2019, 06:36:55 PM »
Happy if Rangers sign him. If the extent of their ambition is the likes of Stewart, Kamara and Jones, they're not going to pull away from us. Unless of course we regress.

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 12
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2019, 11:14:03 PM »
Happy if Rangers sign him. If the extent of their ambition is the likes of Stewart, Kamara and Jones, they're not going to pull away from us. Unless of course we continue to regress.

;)
It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 76
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2019, 06:10:19 AM »

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 13
Re: Dons - victims - SC semi - Sunday
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2019, 01:41:02 PM »
, 2ish for Cosgrove,
2 pound? That's about it

Offline ayrshire_don74

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: -115
Re: Re: Dons - victims - SC semi - Sunday
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2019, 01:41:55 PM »
 8 for mckenna, 2ish for Cosgrove ? seriously ? after recent displays no one will pay 8m for mckenna, guess the bevvy hasnt worn off since yesterday... 2m for cosgrove bid from a chinese club ?
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 51
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2019, 02:45:51 PM »
2 mill was the chat through the week from Millwall.  He's under contract till 2022 so given age and potential I would say that's probably fair.

As for 8 Mill for McKenna well we have already turned down 6.5. 
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Online SeeBass

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: -52
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2019, 02:50:10 PM »
I've just done a quick check on Loan Players we've had in over this McInnes tenure.

Shaleum Logan, Alan Tate, Michael Hector (2013)
Jeffrey Monakana, Donervon Daniels (2014)
Danny Ward, Ryan McLaughlin, Adam Collin, Simon Church, Josh Parker (2015)
Wes Burns, James Maddison, Ryan Christie (2016)
Freddie Woodman, Chidi Nwakali, Greg Stewart, Dominic Ball, "Kenny McLean", Ryan Christie again!! (2017)
Tommie Hoban, Max Lowe, James Wilson, Greg Stewart once more!!, Dominic Ball for another season!! (2018)

TWENTY ONE DIFFERENT PLAYERS WHICH IRONICALLY AMOUNTS TO THREE AND A HALF PLAYERS A SEASON BECAUSE SOME OF THEM PROBABLY ONLY HALF A PLAYER IN REALITY!!!

I'm not saying this is to blame for anything but when you include below disaster zone also it pretty embarrassing stuff to say the least.

Calvin Zola, Gregg Wylde (2014)
Scott Brown, Andrew Driver (2014-15)
Joe Nutall, Aaron Lennox (2015-16)
Jayden Stockley, Anthony O'Connor, Callum Morris, Miles Storey (2016-2017)
Greg Tansey, Nicky Maynard (2017-18)
Chris Forrester, Stephen Gleeson, Jordan McGregor (2018-19)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 02:51:42 PM by SeeBass »

Offline ayrshire_don74

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: -115
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2019, 02:52:47 PM »
 very much doubt we turned down that amount.. spin from club  and i guess you are making figures up re cosgrove... god help us if we get that money and give it to DM
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline kiriakovisthenewstrachan

• First Team
  • Rating: 8
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2019, 02:53:55 PM »
Hope you are right TLG if indeed these players were to leave but your figures look pretty optimistic given what players up here normally go for outwith Celtic/Rangers/Sevco.

If we lost all three in the summer I'd expect to we would get something like £4M for McKenna, half a mil for Lewis and between half and a million for Big Sam.  English clubs just don't pay big bucks for players outwith the Glasgow teams.  Good thing is that sell on clauses are becoming the norm and we can maybe start to cash in on players as they move on further down the line like Fraser might.

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 73
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2019, 03:00:11 PM »
very much doubt we turned down that amount.. spin from club  and i guess you are making figures up re cosgrove... god help us if we get that money and give it to DM

Agree with this, although I'm not sure if it was club spin or agent spin. It would have been ludicrous to turn down £6M for a dons player. That's the prize funds for 4 second places. I always said that £3.5M would be a good offer for McKenna, and I think we might get slightly more than that in the summer if we're lucky. £750-1000K for Cosgrove would be decent business too, but I see no need to move him on in the summer (we definitely need another striker though).

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2019, 03:50:04 PM »
The 2 mill for Cosgrove I heard on sportsound.  Make of it what you will but all things considered it seems about right.  I would wager Cosgroves new deal would be about 3k a week give or take making his overall contract worth about 470k.  Given we don't want to sell him and he's young you can multiply that a few times for final transfer fee.

As for fees paid to Scottish clubs from English John Mcginn went for 2.75 in the final year of his deal.  SM has 4 years left and a lot of teams have been sniffing about him which puts the price up even more.  Add it all up and a deal worth 8 mill doesn't sound particularly steep if you ask me. I could, of course, be wrong but time will tell.  I think we can all agree that we will find out what the club are prepared to accept inside the next 2 months though.

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2019, 03:54:48 PM »
Agree with this, although I'm not sure if it was club spin or agent spin. It would have been ludicrous to turn down £6M for a dons player. That's the prize funds for 4 second places. I always said that £3.5M would be a good offer for McKenna, and I think we might get slightly more than that in the summer if we're lucky. £750-1000K for Cosgrove would be decent business too, but I see no need to move him on in the summer (we definitely need another striker though).

Glad your not director of football at afc.  McKenna would be at the San giro if so.....   He's worth way more than 3.5 and it wasn't ludicrous to turn down that offer of 6.5.  It was deadline day the bid came in and we couldn't have replaced him. Given how our defensive injuries went in the first half of the season we would have been completely screwed without McKenna. 

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2019, 04:21:49 PM »
Glad your not director of football at afc.  McKenna would be at the San giro if so.....   He's worth way more than 3.5 and it wasn't ludicrous to turn down that offer of 6.5.  It was deadline day the bid came in and we couldn't have replaced him. Given how our defensive injuries went in the first half of the season we would have been completely screwed without McKenna.

I've not seen any evidence at all that we received an offer of £6.5M for McKenna and I don't believe it for a second. Our director of football would be an idiot if he turned that down, final day or not. McKenna wouldn't have been the difference between us finishing second and fourth given the personnel we had at the start of the season in that position (Hoban, Devlin, Considine, Ball) and we certainly wouldn't have predicted the injuries we suffered. We could have picked up a free transfer like Halford to make up the numbers until January. The risk of McKenna having a poor season or getting injured just wouldn't have been worth the money not received given the average abilities of the rest of the team.

Offline Panda

• Under 19's
  • Rating: 5
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2019, 04:42:04 PM »
Have the club themselves not been on record as saying the bid was no-where near £6.5m?

Offline Slim

• Star Striker
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2019, 05:19:13 PM »
Dylan McGeough has been struggling to get into Sunderland's starting 11 in League One, wouldn't be surprised to see him back up the road in the summer, especially if they get promoted. That would be a bread and butter McInnes signing.

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2019, 05:32:50 PM »
Would also be a pretty decent one though. I don't think he's as good as Shinnie (despite many suggesting otherwise when he was at Hibs) but he's good and he's good in this league. We can afford a few risks down South but we'll need the tried and tested to ensure that we don't end up massively worse next season. That's not specific to McInnes' ability to sign players either, just a general truism.

Offline Slim

• Star Striker
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2019, 05:41:13 PM »
Jamie Walker would probably be another one, nowhere near the first team since signing from Hearts. Similar type of player to Greg Stewart I think.

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2019, 05:52:54 PM »
A month after the fact still reported as 6.5 mill. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45805859

I've never once heard the club say it was less, not saying it didn't happen but I didn't hear it if they did.  Got a source for that?

Offline Panda

• Under 19's
  • Rating: 5
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2019, 07:09:04 PM »
A month after the fact still reported as 6.5 mill. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45805859

I've never once heard the club say it was less, not saying it didn't happen but I didn't hear it if they did.  Got a source for that?

It actually says in your link "reported as £6.5m", which is the writer of that article just stating that reports in other media have said it was £6.5m. They aren't stating it as a fact themselves.

I can't find the link, but I'm fairly sure the club said Villa's offer was not the £6.5m reported at the time, or at the very least wasn't the initial fee (likely loads of add ons and clauses that could potentially have made it that high one day). Stoke offered less than £5m in January, and you wouldn't expect a club to offer less than a bid that has already been rejected. Same with Celtic and their £3.5m bid.