Author Topic: Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding  (Read 49304 times)

Online KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 12
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
Re: Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding
« Reply #540 on: July 03, 2019, 05:44:05 PM »
So far, senior players only........

OUT - Graeme Shinnie, Gary Mackay-Steven, Mark Reynolds, Greg Halford, Greg Stewart, Dominic Ball & Max Lowe

IN - Curtis Main, James Wilson, Ryan Hedges, Ash Taylor, Craig Bryson, Greg Leigh & Jon Gallagher

Allegedly, Stephen Gleeson is in talks with a couple of Clubs in England, not sure what to make of that given McInnes said he's actually injured, but could be true ( Easy does it Rico ) and we also apparently agreed terms with Sunderland regarding McGeouch, but failed to agree personal terms with him. Midfielder being the main target before Friday, just won't be McGeouch.
It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
« Reply #541 on: July 03, 2019, 05:47:29 PM »
James Wilson confirmed. 2 Year Contract right enough.

Midfielder, McGeough ahead of Friday ?
Few players out on loan before end of August
Maybe a couple of loans in and we're good to go.

Only problem with timing of Wilson he is already a couple of weeks behind in terms of pre season.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline A llad insane

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 10
« Reply #542 on: July 03, 2019, 07:14:33 PM »
Decent window so far, has to be said, but still think we need another midfielder (we are light in there).
 McGeough would be good as would Mulumbu , whether any of them is feasible remains to be seen.
   Glad we have done early business for a change. :thumbsup:

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #543 on: July 03, 2019, 09:03:20 PM »
Agree, we’ve managed to get business done early. Hopefully a permanent deal central midfielder then pad out the squad with another loan signing or two. I think Wilson is quite a coup, I’m sure he had options for a lot more money. Obviously divided opinions but there is a player there, maybe the reality check of not being at Man U will be the needed kick up the arse.

Read somewhere DM sees Wilson as a wide player but with Wilson we have enough forwards and wide players now. Maybe a back up Ball type player (not in ability but a player who can play multiple positions) but I think we have quite a balanced squad.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #544 on: July 03, 2019, 09:34:24 PM »
McGeouch coming to us we would need to at very least match his Sunderland wages of £8k/wk. Whilst I'm certain we could and would do that for the correct player......I'm not certain McGeouch is that right player.

Indeed I'd love to know how much we are spunking on Wilson. I really hope it works out....if he shines we might make a nice profit on him come January or next summer. But if he matches last season's performance then it's money down the toilet.

Offline A llad insane

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 10
« Reply #545 on: July 04, 2019, 08:00:01 PM »
McGeouch coming to us we would need to at very least match his Sunderland wages of £8k/wk. Whilst I'm certain we could and would do that for the correct player......I'm not certain McGeouch is that right player.

Indeed I'd love to know how much we are spunking on Wilson. I really hope it works out....if he shines we might make a nice profit on him come January or next summer. But if he matches last season's performance then it's money down the toilet.

Purely just a guestimate TC, but i would imagine we are paying Wilson somewhere around  the £5/6 k a week mark, which is still big money for us .

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 52
« Reply #546 on: July 05, 2019, 09:03:46 PM »
Credit where its due, this has been a really good window for us imo.  Even more so if we get mcgeoch.  I'm starting to feel very confident about the new season.
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Online KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 12
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #547 on: July 05, 2019, 10:06:32 PM »
Credit where its due, this has been a really good window for us imo.  Even more so if we get mcgeoch.  I'm starting to feel very confident about the new season.

Especially when you see who our closest competitors are signing, not a lot to worry about in my honest opinion. Still need to get it right come match day of course, and there's still a long way to go until the window closes, but I feel cautiously optimistic ( tm Craig Brown ) heading into this season. Would love us to reach the group stages in the Europa League this time.

It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline wee toon red

• First Team Regular
« Reply #548 on: July 06, 2019, 09:15:11 AM »
Looks like the much-maligned Stevie May could be on his way. St Mirren and St Johnstone both supposedly interested.
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
« Reply #549 on: July 06, 2019, 09:17:06 AM »
Looks like the much-maligned Stevie May could be on his way. St Mirren and St Johnstone both supposedly interested.

The two Dundee teams as well.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #550 on: July 06, 2019, 09:39:05 AM »
Not one of the teams purportedly interested in May could get anywhere near paying him what we are. He certainly won't be moving anywhere to make less than what he would here over the 2 years left on his contract. So I'd imagine we are going to give him either a minimum of 1 years wages as a lump sum (£4k/wk = £200k approx.) or agree to subsidise his wages for the 2 years to the tune of around 50%-65%.

Either way it's a bit of a bitter pill just to get him out the door

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 76
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #551 on: July 06, 2019, 10:17:31 AM »
Send him to a prem club on loan. See if he can get his mojo back. We're not going to get enough of a fee back.

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 73
« Reply #552 on: July 06, 2019, 02:24:11 PM »
Send him to a prem club on loan. See if he can get his mojo back. We're not going to get enough of a fee back.

It would have to be a hell of an improvement to see him anywhere near our first team. The reverse is that if he goes somewhere and does nothing (which is currently the most likely scenario given the last 4 years of his career) then even fewer clubs will be willing to take a punt on him, thus we only get 10% of his salary covered, as opposed to the 20-40% we might get by getting rid now.

He's not been unprofessional in any way whilst here, just nae been good enough. Offload him and reduce the numbers in the squad thus giving Anderson a chance.

Offline DantheDon

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 1
« Reply #553 on: July 06, 2019, 03:55:11 PM »
Whether May can recapture any kind of goalscoring form after moving on will be interesting to see. But here he will be wasted like Stewart as he isnt suited to our system. Hes tried hard and you cant fault his workrate but hes not a natural finisher.

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -133
« Reply #554 on: July 06, 2019, 09:25:29 PM »
what goal scoring form ? one season at top level
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline DantheDon

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #555 on: July 06, 2019, 11:05:53 PM »
what goal scoring form ? one season at top level

Yeah, and a couple at a lower level. When you look at it its not a lot but he was doing well at that point. I cant really put my finger on why it worked out for him then but not now.

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
« Reply #556 on: July 06, 2019, 11:11:50 PM »
Yeah, and a couple at a lower level. When you look at it its not a lot but he was doing well at that point. I cant really put my finger on why it worked out for him then but not now.

The guy was young, fit, injury free, and full of confidence. We signed a damaged man, health wise and psychologically. Sad to see the decline but it happens. Not unlike the James Wilson story, cruciate injury and he’s gone from Man Utd to squad player in Scotland.

Offline DantheDon

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #557 on: July 06, 2019, 11:35:52 PM »
The guy was young, fit, injury free, and full of confidence. We signed a damaged man, health wise and psychologically. Sad to see the decline but it happens. Not unlike the James Wilson story, cruciate injury and he’s gone from Man Utd to squad player in Scotland.

You are probably right, It makes you think maybe that is what is wrong with our approach to recruitment in general. Look at the players who went on to do well with us and most of them were on an upward trajectory. Think Severin, Hayes, Mcginn, Maclean etc. Of course there are exceptions, Rooney being the stand-out.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -191
« Reply #558 on: July 07, 2019, 09:45:50 AM »
...as he isnt suited to our system

What is "our system"?
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline Chris Frae Killie

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 5
« Reply #559 on: July 07, 2019, 12:23:03 PM »
What is "our system"?

It is an interesting question! When we had Hates and McGinn playing on top form, we played a system where we attacked teams down the flanks and it was very entertaining to watch. Since we lost both of them (I know McGinn is back) we lost our width and became a more defensive 1 up front long ball team. Hopefully this new full back and winter can give us more width along with Wright finally showing what he can do on a consistent basis. It has the makings of an exciting system!

"It's the hope that kills us!"