Author Topic: Alcoholism and depression  (Read 15989 times)

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
Re: Alcoholism and depression
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2019, 03:07:31 PM »
My condolences, min, MBT.

Online manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 77
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2019, 06:50:47 PM »
Echo Tyrants sentiments, MBT. You able to head home for it?

Offline Madbadteacher

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 45
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2019, 01:55:52 PM »
No, I’ll not be home for it.
Combination of time, cost and possibly triggering/threat to my recovery.
CO100
H2S25
CH450
O218

Offline rumpus2

• Banned
  • Under 19's
  • Rating: -7
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2019, 06:46:06 AM »
Your brother has died and you won't go and pay your respects ?

Self-pity central you min.

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 74
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2019, 09:01:36 AM »

I've never understood the notion that you have to go a specific location at a specific time in order to "pay respects" (whatever the fuck that means). You clearly think it matters. Or you were just being a dick. Either way, I find it strange.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -192
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2019, 09:30:07 AM »
It's not strange when a poster behaves consistently, in this case acting deliberately to offend or be controversial. He may not have posted for a while but leopards don't change their overcoats. You may describe it as being a dick. I may consider it sick.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -54
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2019, 02:50:45 PM »
I'm not much of a one for funerals.

Each to their own of course, how you cope with death is and should be an individual thing.

Didn't have a funeral for my mother and I have no intention of having one for myself.

Indeed if I'm wrong and there is "another place" how could I face my Ma if I had a funeral and she didn't.

Somebody blabbing a heap of s'hite about someone they never met up at the crem doesn't do it for me.

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2019, 03:05:38 PM »
I'm not much of a one for funerals.

Each to their own of course, how you cope with death is and should be an individual thing.

Didn't have a funeral for my mother and I have no intention of having one for myself.

Indeed if I'm wrong and there is "another place" how could I face my Ma if I had a funeral and she didn't.

Somebody blabbing a heap of s'hite about someone they never met up at the crem doesn't do it for me.

I honestly didn't realise that was an option. What do they do with you? Sea? Landfill? I'm of the opinion that it's not my decision. If others would prefer to remember me via a funeral then that's up to them. Fit if yer kids want a big pairty to dance around yer corpse?

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 24
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2019, 05:51:23 PM »
I honestly didn't realise that was an option. What do they do with you? Sea? Landfill? I'm of the opinion that it's not my decision. If others would prefer to remember me via a funeral then that's up to them. Fit if yer kids want a big pairty to dance around yer corpse?

If youre at deaths door soon,aim for the 5th Nov,with a funeral pyre/Fawkes night for the kids.Be selfish not to.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 06:00:04 PM by Elgindon »

Offline rumpus2

• Banned
  • Under 19's
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2019, 05:52:52 PM »
Not so much the fact he's not going to his Brother's funeral that's bothering.

It's the fact he's more concerned about a family member passing and how it would affect himself.

Might cost a couple of pounds, might make him depressed enough to want to drink beer, etc...

Self-centred and self-pitying.

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2019, 06:20:18 PM »
It's the fact he's more concerned about a family member passing and how it would affect himself.

He didn't rank his levels of concern in his posts. Just responded to a direct question.

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -54
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2019, 08:00:01 PM »

Still disposed of as per normal.

In my Mothers case the crem at Crathes.

Which entailed me desperately trying and failing to follow the hearse ( a souped up job) out the North Deeside Road.

Every bloody red light..........

She would have liked that.

Online manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 77
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2019, 08:21:22 PM »
Travelling from Chicago to the North of Scotland is also expensive.

Folk can pay their respects in many ways.

I've always asked to be sent off Nordic style. Apparently it's frowned upon though.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2019, 11:17:02 AM »
He didn't rank his levels of concern in his posts. Just responded to a direct question.

Plus how much "concern" should we have for the dead? Their ship has sailed. It's gone from the harbour. It ain't coming back. Pragmatism is a good thing and as stated above, there are different approaches to situations. If I had a choice, not that we are capable of exercising any when we're pan breid, I wouldn't want a big fuss. Everyone will remember what a great guy I was and those memories are all they need.

Offline rumpus2

• Banned
  • Under 19's
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2019, 06:26:54 PM »
Plus how much "concern" should we have for the dead? Their ship has sailed. It's gone from the harbour. It ain't coming back. Pragmatism is a good thing and as stated above, there are different approaches to situations. If I had a choice, not that we are capable of exercising any when we're pan breid, I wouldn't want a big fuss. Everyone will remember what a great guy I was and those memories are all they need.

Unlikely there will be, no need to fret.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2019, 07:10:38 PM »

Unlikely there will be, no need to fret.

:D

Don't bust my bubble or I'll puncture your spacehopper.

Offline Madbadteacher

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 45
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2019, 11:56:05 PM »

Um, no.
I’m guessing you haven’t got a clue about the backstory so I’ll just assume that rather than you’re an insensitive wanker
CO100
H2S25
CH450
O218

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2019, 12:31:30 AM »
Um, no.
I’m guessing you haven’t got a clue about the backstory so I’ll just assume that rather than you’re an insensitive wanker

He's a wanker. Literally. He admits to wanking off an Indian male cementer on one of his jolly oil trips. They were two men and two women in the bed at the time. Rocket the Nelliephant never forgets.

Insensitive too as his modus operandi is to deliberately offend. Always has been. I used to find that amusing but after a while, the sickness he displays gets too ugly to view.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2019, 01:15:28 PM »
He's a wanker. Literally. He admits to wanking off an Indian male cementer on one of his jolly oil trips. They were two men and two women in the bed at the time. Rocket the Nelliephant never forgets.

Insensitive too as his modus operandi is to deliberately offend. Always has been. I used to find that amusing but after a while, the sickness he displays gets too ugly to view.

Could easily be wrong of course but it sounds made up to me. Typical of the shite that's spouted on Hat. Bunch of overgrown kids trying to top each others' attempts to show how mental and edgy they are. Very very tiresome IMO and not what I want DT to become.

Agreed. Which is why he'll be banned very soon.