Author Topic: New enthusiasms  (Read 7818 times)

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 77
  • Not a Jafa
Re: New enthusiasms
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2017, 04:35:21 AM »
Bloody daughters.

Here is the full edition of the email I got yesterday.

Having a great time, we are now in Queenstown in the south island, it is very pretty.

Within half an hour I hear a exclamation from Mrs Donsdaft who's looking at her facebook shite.
What's the cause of her expletives?
Pictures of said daughter skydiving from 15,000 feet.

Very pretty indeed

She's getting kept in.

Meant to be very good sky diving in the South Island! Bunny jumping was also invented not too far from Queenstown, hope to try it out myself at some point!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Nips_and_Tatties

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 3
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2017, 12:53:33 PM »
I jumped on a bunny once.

The fucker was fast but I pinned it down and got my carrot back thank god

Offline tom_widdows

• Captain
  • Rating: 40
  • Miserable Cúnt & Architectural Killjoy
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2017, 01:19:51 PM »
Meant to be very good sky diving in the South Island! Bunny jumping was also invented not too far from Queenstown, hope to try it out myself at some point!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Actually Manc Bungy jumping as a 'sport' was invented by Oxford Uni students.
Mr Hackett just hit on the idea of making money from it.

Sky diving is ok pretty much anywhere in NZ as long as you do it with a company that is based at an airport rather than one that an old crop duster in a farmers field.

Hang-gliding, Para-gliding, Luging, sky swings, white water rafting, river boarding all crop up in Queenstown which for me is an bid to hide how dull the place actually is to stay in especially given how expensive and/or restrictive some of the accommodation was when I was there (you want to stay longer than 5 days sir? well you will need to check out and go somewhere else for a couple of days then come back...or use BASE/ YHA on the high street which are twice the price)

Blackwater Rafting in the North island (Waitomo) would be my recommendation followed by walking the Tongariro crossing near Taupo (mid-early spring) and experiencing a proper Mauri Hangi.
South Island is the Milford Sound but at all costs avoid Dundedin & Invercargill.......grim.
I'm a man, and as a man I crave disappointment.

That's why I support Aberdeen Football Club & Scotland.

Offline Nips_and_Tatties

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 3
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2017, 09:37:59 PM »
I loved the glaciers Tom.

Helicopter ride and lovely scenery.

Stayed with friend in a little town called Hokitiki.was freezing.

Never been to Queenstown but yeah, its very expensive.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2017, 09:44:18 PM »
Actually Manc Bungy jumping as a 'sport' was invented by Oxford Uni students.
Mr Hackett just hit on the idea of making money from it.

Sky diving is ok pretty much anywhere in NZ as long as you do it with a company that is based at an airport rather than one that an old crop duster in a farmers field.

Hang-gliding, Para-gliding, Luging, sky swings, white water rafting, river boarding all crop up in Queenstown which for me is an bid to hide how dull the place actually is to stay in especially given how expensive and/or restrictive some of the accommodation was when I was there (you want to stay longer than 5 days sir? well you will need to check out and go somewhere else for a couple of days then come back...or use BASE/ YHA on the high street which are twice the price)

Blackwater Rafting in the North island (Waitomo) would be my recommendation followed by walking the Tongariro crossing near Taupo (mid-early spring) and experiencing a proper Mauri Hangi.
South Island is the Milford Sound but at all costs avoid Dundedin & Invercargill.......grim.

Wasn't aware of that! Will let the Kiwis know  ;D

Have to say I was a bit disappointed with how Queenstown looked, but I could see it being a neat hub for winter / summer sports. Some nice lakeside restaurants too. Only popped in so didn't get the chance to explore the area let alone pop up in the gondolas. We tried the Tongariro crossing last time I was over but the weather wasn't a quite shitty so we opted against it.  It's definitely on our list!

Offline tom_widdows

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2017, 10:21:24 PM »
I loved the glaciers Tom.

Helicopter ride and lovely scenery.

Stayed with friend in a little town called Hokitiki.was freezing.

Never been to Queenstown but yeah, its very expensive.

Helicopter ya fucking jessie

If ya climb them you get to chat with the locals

Did you manage to take in the wonderful' atmosphere of the Lake mahinipua hotel (about 5km south of Hokitika)?
Ceiling was decorated with hundreds of old bras when I stayed there but probably been 'gentrified' now

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -199
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2020, 04:54:48 PM »
After watching my daughter on her yoga mat - she's been doing it for years in classes and stuff - I just had my first Yoga session in my life. I'm hooked and plan to do it every day.

She recommended the down dog App and I just completed the first Beginner session of Vinyasa, 14 minutes of coordinated moving and breathing. Loved it.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline tom_widdows

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2020, 05:13:15 PM »
Accupressure Matt and Pillow

Got of off amazon for £25 and now onto using it without a t-shirt etc.
As you would expect it is not comfotable at the start but by about 10mins in I find myself completely zoning out.
Trying to do 40mins a day.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2020, 12:24:06 AM »
Accupressure Matt and Pillow

Got of off amazon for £25 and now onto using it without a t-shirt etc.
As you would expect it is not comfotable at the start but by about 10mins in I find myself completely zoning out.
Trying to do 40mins a day.

We've been using the shakti mats for about two years (on and off).  I find it so therapeutic, haven't done it for more than 30 mins but I could see it easily being done