Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Falkirk

Fair play to Maguire for getting his two goals, his 2nd was a very tight angle.  At the time I thought Aluko had taken the ball out of play but I've just seen it on TV and it was right on the line.

Quite an entertaining game, both teams going for it.  Falkirk started very well but the opening goal settled us down.  I thought we just deserved to win, especially considering all the time wasting Falkirk were doing which came back to haunt them big style!

A real tight one to call, plenty of clichés to be had:

Game of two halves - score could have went either way - backs to the wall stuff - could rue those missed chances later - end to end - the best team came out on top (red tinted specs on for the last).

How that last one stayed in I'll never know, I was jacket-on-and-heading-for-the-door-spitting-chips at the silly goal we let in and the chances we missed first half until I spotted the ball magically appearing not at the other side of the net, but actually in the back of the net!

Watched it a dozen times after and although it was very, very close, the whole ball wasn't over the line.

Play the whistle lads, play the whistle.

You fucking dancer!

:thumbsup:

Speaking to my old man after the game I thought he made a good point. After Falkirk scored their goal they totally changed their game plan and gave up on the one touch passing that had them on top for so long, just fouled and time wasted (McCurry you cunt) which helped us in the respect we had to push for it more. In the first half I don't think they made a tackle because we just gave them the ball everytime. And it's about fucking time one of Seve's long throws worked!!

Roll on Saturday, Stand Free!!

Dons just deserve top-six - tonight's match similar to cup-tie and we have mostly delivered this season in these type of matches. Thought Aluko and Nicholson played really well and fair play to McGuire for notching a couple. Overall top-six now achieved, a cup-final (probably)to look-forward to, a semi-final already reached (disappointing outcome) and last-32 UEFA Cup makes for fair reading! Pleased for ll involved and let's go to Hampden and deliver against the Doon Hamers!

Should go down as a Soutar OG in my opinion.  He did have a decent save in the first half though.  Good to see Maguire proving me wrong, he's far from the finished article but looked more like a player last night and took the second goal very well.

Good work bebo fella.

Should go down as a Soutar OG in my opinion.  He did have a decent save in the first half though.  Good to see Maguire proving me wrong, he's far from the finished article but looked more like a player last night and took the second goal very well.

Good work bebo fella.

I thought it was an OG as well, as the ball played by the Falkirk player wasn't going in.

I also have to say I thought Maguire was fucking murder last night. He needs to learn to run with the ball and be able to look up, just occasionally! Runs himself into dead ends constantly... but he did very well for both goals, so well done, Bebo

I thought it was an OG as well, as the ball played by the Falkirk player wasn't going in.

I also have to say I thought Maguire was fucking murder last night. He needs to learn to run with the ball and be able to look up, just occasionally! Runs himself into dead ends constantly... but he did very well for both goals, so well done, Bebo

He worked very hard but you are right, he cannot keep the ball and runs with it like a blind man. Interesting to read in the papers that JC has said he has 'not been fair' to Bebo in playing him out wide and he has been begging to play through the middle. If he can knock goals in at this rate then we don't really need silky soccer from him.

I've held my tongue all day over this as I didn't want to take anything away from the lad.  But a number of times yesterday he tripped over the ball, got it tangled between his legs and fell over nothing in particular.

Still a long way to go but he's on form and hopefully he's just being a little over-keen to impress.

Also looks to have bulked up a little but then maybe that's just because his balls have dropped.

I've held my tongue all day over this as I didn't want to take anything away from the lad.  But a number of times yesterday he tripped over the ball, got it tangled between his legs and fell over nothing in particular.

:thumbsup:

Put the ball out of play twice wi his heel whilst he seemed to be in control of the ball