Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Falkirk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7328034.stm

Aberdeen will welcome back defender Zander Diamond after he missed the last two games with an eye injury.

Jeffrey de Visscher could be in contention following hamstring problems but Jamie Smith, Richie Byrne, Steve Lovell and Derek Young are still out. Falkirk have no fresh injury worries although long-term absentees Tim Krul and Dean Holden are still out.

Former Crewe striker Michael Higdon will be in the squad as victory for the Bairns would secure a top-six finish.

Aberdeen: (from) Soutar, Mair, Maybury, Considine, Diamond, Bus, McNamara, Foster, Walker, Severin, Aluko, Duff, De Visscher, Miller, Maguire, Touzani, Mackie, Pawlett, Langfield.

Falkirk: (from) Olejnik, Ross, Scobbie, Milne, Barr, Cregg, Arfield, Finnigan, Latapy, Barrett, Moutinho, Aafjes, Stewart, Bradley, McBride, Allison, Supple, Clarke, Higdon.

Good to have Zander back again, wonder if he will be wearing some sort of protective faceguard?

Top6 and a Cup Final would be a reasonable outcome to a roller-coaster of a season.

4th and the Scottish Cup in Pittodrie would be fantastic.

But as the saying goes you need to be in the top6 to finish 4th (or something like that) so bring it on afc. 

Best team out for Monday night.

and leave hearts floundering down in the bottom 6 by themselves

Top6 and a Cup Final would be a reasonable outcome to a roller-coaster of a season.

4th and the Scottish Cup in Pittodrie would be fantastic.  :thumbsup:

But as the saying goes you need to be in the top6 to finish 4th (or something like that) so bring it on afc. 

and leave hearts floundering down in the bottom 6 by themselves   :thumbsup:

That would be AMAZING  :thumbsup:

4th and the Scottish Cup in Pittodrie would be fantastic.

and leave hearts floundering down in the bottom 6 by themselves

surely if hearts were in the bottom 6, there would be 5 other teams also there, so not quite by themselves.

Only real good things about this is:

Monday's game means something so will be more fun to watch

Hearts are in the bottom 6  ;D

We will be playing so called 'big teams' for the rest of the season if we make it.

At the end of the day, Motherwell's result today means we have almost no chance of getting any more than 4th so its only about status and a bit of revenue.

Now i'm really pissed off that the game was postponed.

They had to postpone it to Monday, pretty much the only day this week that I can't go, now that the game matters it just emphasises the fact I have to miss it.

Guest swaddon

I was thinking earlier, if Falkirk lose by less than 3 goals, then we'd both make the top six, so Falkirk shouldn't really bother themselves too much tomorrow night. Of course, they are professional footballers, so they will be trying, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind losing if it meant that Hearts finish in the bottom six.

Guest swaddon

6 Falkirk 32 6 5 5 17 14 5 4 7 22 28 -3 42

7 Hearts 33 6 4 6 23 22 5 5 7 19 26 -6 42

8 Aberdeen 32 7 5 4 25 18 4 3 9 16 34 -11 41

if we win 2-0, then it's:

6 Aberdeen 33 8 5 4 25 18 4 3 9 16 34 -9 44

7 Falkirk 33 6 5 5 17 14 5 4 8 22 28 -5 42

8 Hearts 33 6 4 6 23 22 5 5 7 19 26 -6 42

So, I conclude that I am in fact wrong, and I will go and hang my head in shame. :-[

6 Falkirk 32 6 5 5 17 14 5 4 7 22 28 -3 42

7 Hearts 33 6 4 6 23 22 5 5 7 19 26 -6 42

8 Aberdeen 32 7 5 4 25 18 4 3 9 16 34 -11 41

if we win 2-0, then it's:

6 Aberdeen 33 8 5 4 25 18 4 3 9 16 34 -9 44

7 Falkirk 33 6 5 5 17 14 5 4 8 22 28 -5 42

8 Hearts 33 6 4 6 23 22 5 5 7 19 26 -6 42

So, I conclude that I am in fact wrong, and I will go and hang my head in shame. :-[

No need to go calculating tables and results to come to that conclusion mate. There are 6 places available and 5 teams are already in the top 6. No complex calculations required...one place, one team...AberdeenFC  8)