Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Wimbledon 2023

BigAl

4 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Murray through, Norrie through and potentially shaping up to be a late night as Dan Evans looking to fight his way back from two sets down.

Well if ever anyone jinxed anything 😂

• Haha 1

I think the time has come for him to retire. Unless winning challengers is enough for him. (I'm sure it isn't.) He went on and on about how he fancies his chances against anyone on grass and that he was feeling good. Tsitsipas is a bang average player on clay and hard courts and worse on grass. 10 years ago he wouldn't even be in the top 10/15 IMO opinion. He's lucky the new era is of a lower standard. Murray has nothing to prove. His kids don't like tennis apparently so he needn't bother trying to win something for them!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, he's clearly never going to reach the levels he did previously. He's been unlucky in an achievement sense that he came up against some great players in Djokovic, Federer and Nadal. It's clear he would have won much more if not for them (how many finals has he lost to Djokovic alone?). But if anything that makes the slams hes won all the more impressive.