Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Hearts vs Dons

manc_don

27 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

It’s days like this you see how shit a squad we have. Missing shinnie mccrorie and duk kills us and we rely on players not good enough. Then we bring on subs who are even worse and have a more negative effect.

our good run coincided with a healthy team and the same 11 playing, what a drop off. Influence of shinnie is massive too.

Yep. That's to be expected though. We signed 10 new players in the summer, and another few in January. We brought forward Watkins, Hayes, Kennedy, Barron, McKenzie, Besuijen and Duncan from last season so it's no surprise that we're struggling given a fairly standard 50% success rate in transfers. Next season it'll be just as bad. Clarkson our best player too, and he's leaving. There's no way we can possibly recruit the volume and standard required. We're nowhere near ready for European football next season. It's probably a distraction we can't afford.

Second half same story as the first, totally lost the midfield battle, Shinnie and McCrorie big misses. Barron and Ramadani were poor. In the end we just bypassed midfield and went long down the sides.

Morris did well when he came on. Duncan was okay. Clarkson, Pollok and Roos our best players. 

Just now, baggy89 said:

I can’t see how maseeve-heeds goal stood, was well off. Also how hauling Miovski to the ground was not a pen. 

I doubt they're getting an offside wrong these days, he looked in line with the fullback in the replays. Miovski made zero attempt to shoot, it was really poor. He was just leaning into the defender until he fell over. In fairness to Miovski he was using all his strength to get in front of the guy that I think he was eventually just leaning against him for balance and support, but I still think he should be swinging a foot at it at least.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I doubt they're getting an offside wrong these days, he looked in line with the fullback in the replays. Miovski made zero attempt to shoot, it was really poor. He was just leaning into the defender until he fell over. In fairness to Miovski he was using all his strength to get in front of the guy that I think he was eventually just leaning against him for balance and support, but I still think he should be swinging a foot at it at least.

Thought the Hearts player was all over him and had a good hold of his shirt. Has a go at pulling him back with an arm over his shoulder. At a time where Bates touching Sakalas shirt is a pen…

You may be right on the offside I thought the ball went forward to Shankland so the only way he could be played onside was by Pollock and he was well in front of him. Wasn’t even disappointed when it went in, so sure was I that it would be disallowed. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jute said:

Quite surprised at folk saying Morris did okay. Looked every inch a lower leagues player to me. So did Richardson and Markandy, if we have nothing better than these clowns then we do not deserve Europe.

In fairness, they're probably saying "okay" by the players' own benchmarks rather than general fitba standards. Morris looked quicker than I thought he was previously. He was absolute dogshite on the ball of course. Markanday shouldn't be getting minutes, it's a totally bizarre situation. Bavidge should have been on earlier instead. Kennedy obviously not getting a new deal, and I'm assuming that Richardson is getting a game as a last chance to prove that he's good enough not to get punted in the summer (I guess that could be the same with Morris). 

37 minutes ago, Jute said:

Quite surprised at folk saying Morris did okay. Looked every inch a lower leagues player to me. So did Richardson and Markandy, if we have nothing better than these clowns then we do not deserve Europe.

Richardson looked a bit better positionally I thought but overall looked a bit sluggish.  Morris put a shift in but other than that offered little.  

Helen on Wednesday is now going to be a nervy game and their tails will be up getting a draw at San giro. 

Edited by tlg1903

2 hours ago, Jute said:

He chased everything, was helping us get up the park, and gave their full-backs something to think about.

On two occasions he made a poor cut back though and that was the real let down. He's a young player who has barely played, I thought he did okay. 

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Kennedy obviously not getting a new deal, and I'm assuming that Richardson is getting a game as a last chance to prove that he's good enough not to get punted in the summer (I guess that could be the same with Morris). 

Think Richardson only played because Coulson called off the morning of the game. He probably would have started  otherwise.

• Like 1