Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hearts vs Dons

Probably the most important game of the season. Win, 3rd is guaranteed, lose, and it’s squeaky bum time, despite being in the driving seat. A draw wouldn’t be the end of the world as avoiding a loss is absolutely paramount. Our record there isn’t great, so I would take a draw straight away. Obviously our last result there was finally the beginning of the end for Goodwin, hopefully it’s not a freakish repeat. Can’t really see it given our defence has improved. Is McCrorie back for this? Can’t have Richardson at RB.

With the news that’s Duk is potentially out for the rest of the season (it certainly explains his performances over the last 3 games), the question is, who goes up top with miovski? I’d like to think it should be Watkins, but I have the fear that it’s going to be Morris. I was amazed to see how many people are trying to give morris the benefit of the doubt and any shade is harsh on him. Are they watching the same player as me?

Anyway, midfield will be critical, not having shinnie for this one is a pain but hopefully the midfield shake off whatever was their issue against hibs. Can’t perform like that again. 

out

bed

bed

not sure, weather dependent

2-0 hearts, no dons scorer

Big test for our rookie manager. Injuries and a poor performance going into biggest game of the season will give us an idea of his abilities. Watkins is obvious replacement for Duk. Morris and Markandy both looked very poor on Saturday so will not be happy if either start. Watkins hasn’t been much better either but has at least had decent games in the past. Do we consider starting Bavidge? I would also look to play Kennedy instead of Coulson as he struggled on Saturday. Kennedy at least is a right sided player and has had decent games at right wing back. Can see Baron coming in for Duncan in midfield as well. Hunbos have not been in good form either so perform and we can win this. 

In

Bus to Roseburn for opening

away end

pub in town to avoid Beyoncé crowds

1-1 Miovski

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Big test for our rookie manager. Injuries and a poor performance going into biggest game of the season will give us an idea of his abilities. Watkins is obvious replacement for Duk. Morris and Markandy both looked very poor on Saturday so will not be happy if either start. Watkins hasn’t been much better either but has at least had decent games in the past. Do we consider starting Bavidge? I would also look to play Kennedy instead of Coulson as he struggled on Saturday. Kennedy at least is a right sided player and has had decent games at right wing back. Can see Baron coming in for Duncan in midfield as well. Hunbos have not been in good form either so perform and we can win this. 

In

Bus to Roseburn for opening

away end

pub in town to avoid Beyoncé crowds

1-1 Miovski

Could play Hayes at rwb as he's more two-footed than Coulson.

Jealous that you've got tickets...I've got my train tickets a couple of weeks ago but no match tickets because of the allocation we were given, so will have to see if I can get a refund.

16 minutes ago, dons8321 said:

Could play Hayes at rwb as he's more two-footed than Coulson.

Jealous that you've got tickets...I've got my train tickets a couple of weeks ago but no match tickets because of the allocation we were given, so will have to see if I can get a refund.

Good luck trying to get a refund out of Scotrail. I a currently fighting them for refund for train they cancelled. Supposed to be straight forward but it’s not.

Allocation for the game is shite but if Hearts are selling the tickets then fair play to then. I know some of the supporters clubs got allocations of less than 10 tickets. Not enough to run a bus.

I would snap the hand of if a draw was offered now.  No way hearts are hauling back 5 points over 2 games when their two games are der hun away and hibs at home. 

Would defo have Watkins in for Duk, if he's fit Duk could be a handy impact sub but the kid is defo toiling a wee bit at the mo and I thought Watkins got stuck in when he came on against hibs.  We will need that against the jambos who will be right up in our fucking faces from the off if their game against the tims is any judge. Big game for the midfield and I would defo be dropping Duncan.  Not sure who for exactly but he's been too much of a passenger the past few games. 

Depressingly I can see hearts sneaking this.  Hibs got an awful lot of joy on our flanks on Saturday and we didn't deal with it particularly well.  I expect hearts to follow suit with the same approach so we need to be better in all departments.  The pressure is defo on hearts though which could go in our favour and an early goal for us would likely knock the stuffing out of them.  

1-1 Mcdonald

• Like 1

Also snap your hand off for a draw,cant see it though.Not only our record down there to deal with,but whether Robson identifies and works on the glaring issues from Saturday.Can but hope the pressure on Hearts affects them too.

Optimistic 1 - 1 Clarkson

10 hours ago, Jute said:

Hearts win appeal on red card given to Haring so he is now available for Saturday.

To be fair it would have been harsh to uphold as it was never a Red. Just a shame this will be the match Shinnie misses due to his extra game ban.  

3 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Robson did his presser today instead of Thursday oddly.  Got the feeling Mcrorie might be back for this one which would be a huge boost.  

He often does them early, he likes to get them out of the way. He's done them a few times on Wednesday since taking charge.

Appears McCrorie will be back. A late call on Duk to be made. I think in this day and age of five subs you probably just take a risk on someone not 100% fit.

Quite confident to be honest. Think we'll win 2-0. Miovski and Duncan. See you all in Rome in October.

1 hour ago, Panda said:

A late call on Duk to be made. I think in this day and age of five subs you probably just take a risk on someone not 100% fit.

Aye, fuck it. Scores the winner before getting taken off injured, returning to full fitness just after the window closes. Best of all worlds.

5 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Aye, fuck it. Scores the winner before getting taken off injured, returning to full fitness just after the window closes. Best of all worlds.

Equally though it's a hell of a player to have come off the bench. 

IMG_7525.thumb.jpeg.52f5fe57d9985b41d4451dfb647a56fb.jpeg

No Duk or McCrorie. 

Big game for Watkins. He's a player I like, but coking off the bench for cameos and starting a big game are two different things. Might not get 90 minutes out of him but need a strong hour anyway.

Richardson and Barron too under the microscope.

3 minutes ago, Panda said:

IMG_7525.thumb.jpeg.52f5fe57d9985b41d4451dfb647a56fb.jpeg

No Duk or McCrorie. 

Big game for Watkins. He's a player I like, but coking off the bench for cameos and starting a big game are two different things. Might not get 90 minutes out of him but need a strong hour anyway.

Richardson and Barron too under the microscope.

You insinuating that Watkins is Gove-esque?

5 minutes ago, dons8321 said:

You insinuating that Watkins is Gove-esque?

Oh dear. Won't let me edit it either.

For the tape, I don't think Watkins does a line before coming off the bench. Well not all the time at least.

Need to get a grip of midfield. Hearts are driving through it far too easily, while Oda & Ginnelly causing all sorts of problems on the wing.

Back line and goalkeeper defending well enough though, and the long balls to Miovski and Watkins causing problems. 

Not much we can do about Ginnelly's goal, some strike to be fair.

Not a great first half to be fair, hearts the better team and a little fortunate to be 1-1. Midfield three need to be much more forceful and, as we said way back, that’s just not clarkson and Barron’s game when playing together. While strong defensively another half like that the last gasp tackling will lead to a penalty at some point, or goals, we just can’t play for long spells like that.

It’s days like this you see how shit a squad we have. Missing shinnie mccrorie and duk kills us and we rely on players not good enough. Then we bring on subs who are even worse and have a more negative effect.

our good run coincided with a healthy team and the same 11 playing, what a drop off. Influence of shinnie is massive too.

Crap. Could've been five for hearts. Never had a sniff.

I said it all through the wins that we had been lucky rather than massively improved.

The bounce is over. Robson has saved the season. We might lose third but it's better than where we were.

That said, I'm not filled with optimism for next season.

Stopped watching when it went 2-1 as we were too poor to enjoy, subbing made me less interested too. 
St mirren at home with shinnie back, I’d expect better. No clue on the status of duk or mccrorie as there were murmurs they’d play today. Hopefully some or all of these guys and a win Wednesday helps, especially with hearts at Ibrox.