Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Orcs vs Robsons reds

Our second cup final in two weeks, what a roller coaster 😂 anyway, they’ll be raging and possibly pretty despondent post realising they’re ending the season with the same amount of trophies as us. But regardless, being at snake mountain is a hard enough task in a normal scenario, let alone when we’ve slayed them recently. 

id look to keep the same team providing we haven’t had any major injuries over the Scottish cup break. Do we swap Barron in for Duncan? Possibly the only change. Still undecided on the latter but he’s a red and gets it. Providing we win our two home games, I’m not overly fussed about this, but I’d rather we got something from this to cement the ginger fear in the huns. 

out

bed

bed

Work, fuck just realised this’ll be Monday morning 🤦‍♂️

1-1, duk 

Duncan was very good in the second half of the Huns game. The only question mark from that game would be Duk, who massively underperformed - Duncan and Miovski did all the work in the forward areas to make up for it. Obviously he's got plenty of goodwill in the bank. 

I think that there's more to the Barron situation than just injury, it's almost like he's being phased out for not signing a new contract. Either way, he doesn't fit into a midfield with Clarkson as number six, and I don't see Robson shifting Clarkson further forward to accommodate Barron as number six, or in a two with Ramadani (the latter, in my opinion, is the only option if Barron is playing). If he signs a new deal on Friday, he'll be straight in! Otherwise it'll be the same team.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Duncan was very good in the second half of the Huns game. The only question mark from that game would be Duk, who massively underperformed - Duncan and Miovski did all the work in the forward areas to make up for it. Obviously he's got plenty of goodwill in the bank. 

I think that there's more to the Barron situation than just injury, it's almost like he's being phased out for not signing a new contract. Either way, he doesn't fit into a midfield with Clarkson as number six, and I don't see Robson shifting Clarkson further forward to accommodate Barron as number six, or in a two with Ramadani (the latter, in my opinion, is the only option if Barron is playing). If he signs a new deal on Friday, he'll be straight in! Otherwise it'll be the same team.

He's been out for so long I wouldn't be overly comfortable starting him anyway 2bh.  Agree about Duncan, thought he had a fine second half and I am happy to be unchanged for this one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Regards to Barron think this is fair enough. I think his problem is he isn't much better than the other players we have in his position, although he does have the potential to be better one day. He's indicated he doesn't want to be here, add in the fact he's not fit and on that basis there isn't really much incentive for us to get him in the team.

• Like 2

Surprise surprise, it's the week of a game against THEM and lo and behold they're starting early this time.

Clarkson linked with permanent move to either half of the arse cheeks allegedly.

Also allegedly, but without any quotes or anything quantifiable, Hibs are rivalling us for the signing of Jay Idzes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Agreed, thought he did much better in the second compared to other performances, and he clearly hates them. I'm not overly fussed if we don't see Barron again (if he doesn't sign) but yeah, you're right about the non-compatibility with Clarkson, so it's a no brainer. 

It is hilarious how the press are so predictable in their pre-match coverage. We're shite, it's classic Durrant I was robbed, we're good, x,y,z is linked with us. That said, whilst I don't think we'll get Clarkson next season, I'd hate to see him go to either of those clubs. Not sure the Dhims would need him tbh.

2 hours ago, manc_don said:

It is hilarious how the press are so predictable in their pre-match coverage. We're shite, it's classic Durrant I was robbed, we're good, x,y,z is linked with us. That said, whilst I don't think we'll get Clarkson next season, I'd hate to see him go to either of those clubs. Not sure the Dhims would need him tbh.

The Clarkson rumour came from someone notorious for just posting random "exclusives" on Twitter in the hope one of them sticks.

• Like 1

Had a look on hun media to see what they are saying.  Aside from indulging in some rather juicy schadenfreude I did notice a lot of them saying they weren't going to be attending.  It will be interesting to see what the attendance is and unless they get an early goal I can see those that do go getting on their backs pretty quickly. 

4 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Had a look on hun media to see what they are saying.  Aside from indulging in some rather juicy schadenfreude I did notice a lot of them saying they weren't going to be attending.  It will be interesting to see what the attendance is and unless they get an early goal I can see those that do go getting on their backs pretty quickly. 

Could be a strange atmosphere if Celtic beat Hearts - that game starts 45 minutes before - so second half could be very quiet.

8 hours ago, Panda said:

Could be a strange atmosphere if Celtic beat Hearts - that game starts 45 minutes before - so second half could be very quiet.

Not that I want to wish well for them, but we live in hope that that’s the case. I want us to secure 3rd as soon as possible.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Panda said:

For anyone wanting to watch this match who doesn't have dodgy firesticks & aren't confident an online stream will hold up, it's on Rangers TV for £9.99, viewable in the U.K.

Link here. 

https://rangerspayments.streamamg.com/account/register/step1

Tempting offer, but I would want a lot more than £9.99 to watch that.  How high can you go?

9 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Are you seriously advocating paying the scum money?

Not at all, because I for one won't be giving them £9.99 of my hard earned money. No way.

Because I've already given them £34 for a ticket 👀 

• Like 1

Fucking giving anyone £34 to watch Scottish Football but especially them. Same team as last time I would think. Cannot see them being as poor in front of goal again. 

oot

Taking daughter to her pals birthday party.

Hopefully back in time to watch game.

Watching what ever game is on after. 

2-0 no Dons scorer.