Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Barry's Unbeatables v Rangers

As of two days ago there were only 2500 tickets left. Possibility of our first sell out since Boxing Day 2018 v Celtic.

Shinnie unlikely to win his appeal. Ramadani presumably back from flu. 

Rangers have a fair few players missing. Goldson, Kent, Jack, Wright, Colak, Yilmaz, King, Roofe, Lawrence, Davis, Helander.

Good time to get them. The title is gone and they're not quite on it, they'll drop a few points from now until the end of the season. St Mirren certainly caused them problems last week. They'll have one eye potentially on the Hampden semi with Celtic too which is - let's be hugely disrespectful but honest here - the cup final.

I think Hearts, Hibs and St Mirren might all win on Saturday which would put the pressure on us a bit, so we could do with at least taking a point, and I think that's what we'll get.

A 1-1 draw I reckon. 

Edited by Panda

• Panda changed the title to Barry's Unbeatables v Rangers

Could be cracker this one but not convinced it's a good time to get them. They will be well up for it with several places in the starting 11 for the semi up for grabs.  That said we will be well up for it too, I doubt anyone who played in the last home game against them will need much in the way of motivating words from the manager. 

Not expecting much from the Shinnie appeal so hopefully rama is fit and available as we are a bit screwed if he's not. 

Impossible to predict without knowing who will be in midfield but I am hopeful of a result and wouldn't take a draw if offered just now. They are defo beatable so I'm going to say 2-1 

No Shinnie means we will have to make changes. Hopefully Ramandani is back from illness. I would think we will need to move McCrorie into middle beside Ramandani and Clarkson and play Kennedy at right wing back. Duncan has played well but think we will need more strength against them in midfield. Bad feeling about this one.

In

Train then pub

Y

Pub then train

0-1 No dons scorer

I wish this game was today. Getting quietly (and probably stupidly) excited. Would be happy with a draw but fuck it, we’re at home and haven’t beaten them there since that maddy free kick. Which is pathetic in itself, so we need to get that sorted.

out

bed

bed

work

2-1 dons, miovski and hayes

I don't have an awful feeling about this one though if Shinnie was playing I would be quite confident.  This is a massive game for Rama and if he plays well we have a good chance to cause them problems.  I do have some time for jutes suggestion of moving Mcrorie to midfield but it's hard to predict how Robson will approach this.  It's a bold move to change a defence that hasn't conceded since a penalty away to utd. 

Der hun have their injuries as well but I have been depressingly impressed with how they have been progressing under beale and this will be a tough game. Goldson still out is good for us though and I do think we will score.  

1-0 miovski

As I said last week. I think we've rode out luck a bit in recent weeks.  Hopefully the last ditch tackles and saves can continue but I've got a lurking feeling that our lack of quality might well bite us as we spend the game on the 18yd line.

That said if we break away and duk does duk stuff. We might scrape another victory.

Hard to call 1-0 us or a doing, It's one of those.

We tightened up towards the end of the half but our distribution has been poor, even allowing for a rangers team that is pressing well (even morelos ffs, never seen him  work so hard for a team) it's been poor.  Love how solid we are though, scales is having his best game for a long time.

Brilliant result, fantastic second half performance. Scales was immense today, won absolutely everything, and an amazing deliberate strike for the goal. The front three were poor in the first half, but Duncan and Miovski obviously took the half time team talk to heart as they put themselves about so well in that second period. There was obviously an emphasis on putting pressure on their fullbacks too, with Hayes and McRorie playing much higher which just got us up the pitch and allowed the front players to play. Duk was fairly pish today, but wasn't required! Ramadani did brilliantly and Clarkson is just a phenomenal footballer. Roos' saves also top drawer, he did magnificently.

• Like 1

Didnt see that coming at H/T,what a second half,what a result.Was still twitching with 5 to go,waiting for the dodgy penalty or something but didnt happen.Sets us up nicely for 3rd spot,and its financial rewards.Also hearing that we're in negotiations with Bristol regards a £2m deal for McRorie,who I like,but we'd be mad not too accept that sort of money.Great end to the weekend

Edited by Elgindon

Back 5 outstanding last minute defending again.  Took it to them second half. Had a couple of scares but thought we generally looked most likely.

Lucky or good, Baz has exceeded his remit. I think the board will still hang on until the end of the season but hard to argue against him now. 

It's maybe not pretty but nobody can deny the change in effort and commitment to his cause from the squad.

Biggest plus though.. hearts will be fucking gutted 😁

• Like 1

I thought the team spirit was absolutely tremendous today, what a result, and even tho 8 mins injury time with that defence defo did not have the same feeling as last game that we were ever gonna concede!!

That was a fantastic response to Hearts scoring for too many goals yesterday!! 👏 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom_widdows said:

with traditional sevco TV commentary (suspect it might get taken down soon)

Just got back, via a few pubs.  Just clicked on your clip without scrolling down, and wondered why the commentators were so subdued until I realised where source was from. Not really been a fan of Scales until today...he was like a ballerina at times, definitely my MoM.   Apparently we had 25% possession...but especially in the 2nd half most of their possession was because we  pressed them higher up the pitch.  We also had couple of good chances to put the game to bed, much clearer chances than they created with all their possession.  

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Ramadani did brilliantly

I thought he was by some distance our worst player in the first half. Just constantly gifted it away. I was losing the plot with him.

Second half he improved a lot, and with that we made less mistakes and were able to impose ourselves on them.

• Like 1

I got up this morning and checked the score. I have to say that the scoreline did not surprise me. Barry Robson has brought steeliness to the team and even though we played shite first half we never looked like a team that would be overalled like we have in the past. Hearing the fans singing Standfree with it swirling around the ground gave me goosebumps. Well done to the support, they were well up for it. :ultras::haterangers: