Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hearts

That was easier than expected,Hearts were surprisingly poor. Our intensity was impressive and half time lead well deserved. Hearts eventually got more into it without much of a threat.

All had a good game,and if we can involve Miovski more,all the better. Top Dons for me Shinnie,Duk and Mcrorie. Despite his flaws,Like the latter's drive and surges forward.

Natural order being restored ...

5 hours ago, Jute said:

Fantastic first half from Dons. Hearts are  hopless. Only downside is it looks like rain.

Thought we were fantastic for 30mins and from then on we were merely excellent.  How we didn't score 6/7 is beyond me.  We seem to be getting the ball wide quicker then getting crosses into the box quickly, keep that up and Miovski will soon be getting his share of the goals. Ramadami was immense today along with Shinnie (but then we expect it of him), Clarkson was also excellent until he began to run out of steam.  The 2 CBs are exactly what we were missing under Goodwin, if you are in any doubt just belt it up park/head it away, don't try anything fancy.  

Made a rare appearance to attend today with my 6 year old son who is on P2 W2 for his first two matches at Pittodrie!

Really enjoyed that, played some great stuff particularly in the 1st half. 

Whats the story with Markanday? I’m not sure why we’ve taken him in. Blackburn Rovers fan mate of mine rates him quite highly. 

• Like 1

Really enjoyed watching the first half back (haven't had time for the second yet), but what a difference to the last few weeks let alone rest of the season. Aggression and drive was there for all to see. As others have said, really liked seeing the midfield trio working really well and hard for each other. Thought it was a bit harsh on Gorter but Roos seemed to be fine and he is actually our no.1. Always great to get one over them. Crowd sounded good too.

27 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Really enjoyed watching the first half back (haven't had time for the second yet), but what a difference to the last few weeks let alone rest of the season. Aggression and drive was there for all to see. As others have said, really liked seeing the midfield trio working really well and hard for each other. Thought it was a bit harsh on Gorter but Roos seemed to be fine and he is actually our no.1. Always great to get one over them. Crowd sounded good too.

Gorter wasn't on the bench so guess there was some other issue.

On 20/03/2023 at 02:17, Reekie_Red said:

He's the team's lucky charm ... get him along to every game from now til 2067

Aye, 2068 is when the stadium is being delivered and the 8,000 capacity in order to save costs will make getting a ticket difficult. 

• Haha 1