Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Livi vs. Dons

4 minutes ago, redordead said:

If you have Ramirez the chances miovski is sclaffing this season he'd be well into double figures by now.

That's harsh. We've seen one season of Ramirez in a shit season, and less that 1/2 a season for Miovski. I rate both. Both score and miss chances, tough to separate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

None of the 3 are given without VAR.

I think he meant the strike, rather than the award! You're right though. The game has not benefited from bringing back the game after several minutes to give penalties for accidental handballs. The handball rule needs to change.

• Like 2

Ahh well, we were close. I have to admit, I always assumed that if we went with a four at the back then it would mean McRorie in midfield, but taking him off completely, solved the conundrum. That's maybe the answer. Ramadani and Barron were very good in there. Clarkson didn't have his best game, but if he's playing further up the park then we have plenty options to bring on.

OK, first half was poor but how in the name of christ did we lose that ?

Not using the pitch as an excuse but there are areas of that surface that look like a hallway carpet that has been down for twenty odd years and just worn down where everyone walks  

Top performers in red tonight in my opinion were Duk & McKenzie.

Small consolation was Hibs doing what Hibs do.

Woeful first half. Defending at set pieces was abysmal every time. Thought keeper should have saved their first. Second half was like a different team. Kennedy was excellent. Created more than enough chances to win the game but final shot let us down. Being at a game with VAR is an utterly shite experience. It is going to finish me with top flight football. 

Didn't see much of the first, saw Miovski's woeful penalty attempt. I am genuinely surprised he stayed on the pitch in the second as he was clearly shot. Didn't offer anything.  Should have brought Ramirez on at HT.  He was fired up and Duk really should have scored from his pass.

All in all, shite. We should have at least drawn that, but didn't click.  Have to say, I wasn't overly impressed with Coulson, thought he made the wrong call every time but I also appreciate that the game was being played at a frantic pace. Besuijen was ok, but again just isn't doing enough at the mo.

Thank christ for Hibs.

6 hours ago, Madbadteacher said:

Ken fa Bavidge is, but fa's Lobban?

I grew up next door to his mum, who was best mates with my sister.

You see, you won't get that sort of thing on soccerbase. 

4 hours ago, redordead said:

If you have Ramirez the chances miovski is sclaffing this season he'd be well into double figures by now.

Remember when Ramirez was a sclaffing chance after chance in the League Cup group stage, and we all agreed when Miovski eventually arrived he should replace him in the starting line-up?

4 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Facking VAR farce again.......

Actually, I'd say VAR was the winner tonight.

The farce was the referee (who missed all three incidents) and the handball rule which penalises you for any handball, when the sensible thing to do would to only penalise for deliberate handball or when it's created an obvious advantage.

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Ahh well, we were close. I have to admit, I always assumed that if we went with a four at the back then it would mean McRorie in midfield, but taking him off completely, solved the conundrum. That's maybe the answer. Ramadani and Barron were very good in there. Clarkson didn't have his best game, but if he's playing further up the park then we have plenty options to bring on.

McCrorie should have gone to right-back and Richardson should have gone back to Nottingham Forest.

5 hours ago, Panda said:

Actually, I'd say VAR was the winner tonight.

The farce was the referee (who missed all three incidents) and the handball rule which penalises you for any handball, when the sensible thing to do would to only penalise for deliberate handball or when it's created an obvious advantage.

Nobody saw the three penalties, because we changed the rules so that some twat on a camera can now give handball anytime a ball gets kicked in the box. The rule change occurred because of VAR, they were brought in at the same time. None of those penalties would have been given a month ago in Scotland because nobody in the ground gave a fuck about any of them. There wasn't even a shout from the Dons fans for the Holt one for example. After that though, every single shot in the box led to screams of handball. It's absolutely destroying the game. Yet the pundits are happy to talk about the intricacies of whether it was handball or not rather than discuss whether the game benefits from having three ludicrous penalties in a single game. It didn't. It's like canned fun. Does anyone here sit at home cheering when the two minutes is up and VAR has decided that it's penalty time again? I didn't at the game on Friday, and I was pretty much dead inside watching those decisions last night.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Nobody saw the three penalties, because we changed the rules so that some twat on a camera can now give handball anytime a ball gets kicked in the box. The rule change occurred because of VAR, they were brought in at the same time. None of those penalties would have been given a month ago in Scotland because nobody in the ground gave a fuck about any of them. There wasn't even a shout from the Dons fans for the Holt one for example. After that though, every single shot in the box led to screams of handball. It's absolutely destroying the game. Yet the pundits are happy to talk about the intricacies of whether it was handball or not rather than discuss whether the game benefits from having three ludicrous penalties in a single game. It didn't. It's like canned fun. Does anyone here sit at home cheering when the two minutes is up and VAR has decided that it's penalty time again? I didn't at the game on Friday, and I was pretty much dead inside watching those decisions last night.

On the contrary, the third penalty was a stonewaller. 

But I do agree VAR is shit. 

On 09/11/2022 at 23:11, RicoS321 said:

We've got very different ideas on what a stonewaller is!

He had a hold of his shirt and handled the ball at the same time.

He should have been booked, which would have meant his later booking would have been his second.