Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Livi vs. Dons

Completely forgot about this fixture, change to help solidify our position. Our record there isn't that bad, and obviously pumped them 5-0 last time out, although we did lose last time we play them down there. I remember the 5-0 being very surprising given their form. They've had a real mixed bag of results of late, but beat Killie on Friday night. So they'll have a bit of confidence going into this.

Play how we know we can (i.e. keep the ball away from our defence) and we'll be fine. 

Out
Breakfast
Work
Work
2-2, McCrorie and vinny

Home game against Livingston swung on them going down to 10 as prior to that they were the better team. Can see Anderson and Nouble giving our back 3 a torrid time and this being tight. Think we will need to play in both halves if we are to win. Doubt we will change the team from Friday. 

In

Work then lift through

Away end

Lift back to the capital.

2-1 Miovski and Lopes.

You can say what you like about Martindale but his coaching credentials are defo on the up.  Livi are not the hammer throwers they once were and, to my eye anyway, haven't been too bad to watch this season. My instinct is this will be a much stiffer test than Friday. They are canny and capable whilst our away record this season is questionable at best but I think if we can score twice we will probably win. 

And wee can score twice.  4-1 flattered us against Hibs but if there's one aspect of our team I think we are all happy about currently it's our attacking potential.  I wasn't that surprised we scored 4 despite not dominating because even when we are looking a disjointed mess elsewhere you have confidence we can score when we go forward.  I don't think it's unfair to say you could draw a fair few comparisons between afc and most Kevin keegan sides at the moment. 

3-1 dons Miovski, Duk and Duncan. 

17 hours ago, redordead said:

I think this will be a tight affair. In Aberdeen tomorrow night. Any bars that will be showing this?

Adams lounge are showing it.Foundry bar might be worth a shout  too?

Tough fixture tonight,wins for us/them have been pretty evenly shared the last few years,and close(last game aside).Martindale,if you ignore his face/accent/pitch of voice,actually talks a decent game,has them punching above there weight.

We're impossible to predict,but a hopeful 1 - 3 to the Dons Miovski hat trick

Edited by Elgindon

2 hours ago, Elgindon said:

Adams lounge are showing it.Foundry bar might be worth a shout  too?

Tough fixture tonight,wins for us/them have been pretty evenly shared the last few years,and close(last game aside).Martindale,if you ignore his face/accent/pitch of voice,actually talks a decent game,has them punching above there weight.

We're impossible to predict,but a hopeful 1 - 3 to the Dons Miovski hat trick

Thanks, got it in the hotel bar 👍