Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Hibs - Friday

That was the worst 4-1 winning performance I've ever seen. We barely put a pass together, completely lost the midfield and Stewart and Richardson were worse than corpses. 

Then there was fucking VAR. What an abomination. It just ruins everything. It's fucking aids. That whole penalty debacle was an embarrassment to football. I think the ref was about to give it (he ran spot-ward) when the linesman flagged. I hate penalties like that, it's not sport. Throwing yourself at a ball, which you hoof out of play before diving at the keeper. Just shite. Football didn't benefit from the 45 minute decision making process. To then have a fucking retake was just cringe. I didn't even care by the time whatever happened, happened. I wouldn't blame anyone for not going back after that. Our game finished at the same time as the cove game, which started fifteen minutes later. Shambles. Then the police decided that everyone had to go over broadhill incase there was a scrap with the three remaining Hibs fans. 

Yip,that was never a 4 - 1,Hibs'll be scratching their heads,luckily weve  a good strike force.Midfield was non existent,been looking weak for a few weeks.Would like to see what Duncan could do in there,Clarkson(MoM according to Beeb??)and Barron isnt a winning combo.Beeb saying Stewart and Scales were formidable?? Scales yes,Stewart?? ...able to combine looking formidable with being a bombscare.But,we seem to find ourselves in 3rd.A couple of solid signings in January to cement it

Im glad were having VAR this season......to let us see why we shouldnt have it.We need to be able to decide as clubs/fans whether we want to continue with it at the end of the season.

Good atmosphere,would we have got that crowd(16'479) on a Saturday after last weeks humping? 

Edited by Elgindon
  • Like 1

Bizarre game, happily take the 3 points. Was the attendance actually that figure or did they count STs as well? 

agree with jute with that Clarkson finish. Was an awful first touch but what a finish. Pleased to see Ramadani score his first. Doubt we’ll see many of them, and he definitely plays with his heart on his sleeves. 

3rd place, very weird. Feels undeserved given how hot and cold we’ve been, but it does show how shite the league is.

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Bizarre game, happily take the 3 points. Was the attendance actually that figure or did they count STs as well? 

agree with jute with that Clarkson finish. Was an awful first touch but what a finish. Pleased to see Ramadani score his first. Doubt we’ll see many of them, and he definitely plays with his heart on his sleeves. 

3rd place, very weird. Feels undeserved given how hot and cold we’ve been, but it does show how shite the league is.

Attendance includes STs i think.Looked about 13/14'000 in the ground,inc around 1700 Hibs

I think it probably was a pen but it took a fair few rewatches to be anything remotely resembling sure. Lopes is on the stretch whilst trying to change forward direction and Marshalls knee clips his extended foot as he's sliding through. Marshall gets hee haw of the ball.... It's enough for me.... Well just about.  It's far more a fucking pen than the one hibs got at Easter Road put it that way.  Is anyone prepared to give Richardson a bit of credit for his driving at the defence and playing Duk through for the pen? 

On the subject of Var?  To be honest I don't really care, it got us a pen that put us in the lead (eventually) in a game we had looked second best in for the majority of the first half.  It's here to stay, for better or for worse, so we may as well just be happy it helped us win today.  3 points will always be king to my eye.  

Second goal was the crucial one for me.  You just can't give Miovski that kind of space in the box.  After that hibs proper crumbled and whatever else you want to say about us at the moment we are good for a goal when a chance presents itself. Delighted for Rama and Clarksons was cheeky as fuck.  

Thing about VAR is it will never clear up the 50:50 decisions. But it will sort the decisions which are clear and obvious.

People get upset with it because you can no longer look at it from the point of veiw that "the ref must have thought he seen something different". Its just one of these things that in a contact sport its very hard to 100% pin down what is and isnt a foul.