Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SLC - Dons - Jags

Coulson is a good player, get him on a permanent ASAP. Wish I could say the same on the other side, do not rate Kennedy at all and no real surprise nothing is coming from that side from him. As much as Richardson has his critics, feel he offers so much more than Kennedy. Play him he only gets better.

• Like 1

Great finish from Duncan. Coulson was first class tonight too.

Felt for Ramirez. Had a couple of half chances but basically went on after Clarkson was pulled and then they swapped Duk, leaving him with Morris and Kennedy. Haaland would struggle in that top three.

really disappointed with vinni tonight. I thought this was the kind of game that he'd light up.

all in all, you have to be delighted with 4-1 despite its feeling like we never really got second gear.

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

Perhaps unfair but I don't see us enough these days, has anyone seen Shaydon Morris do.......anything positive......in any game??

It's unfairly polite, he's fucking honking and shouldn't be anywhere near this league. 

Decent result, but a worrying second half. Barron and Ramirez weren't the worst introductions on paper but Barron had a poor game and their changes really upset our flow. Once the goal went in we were terrible and the decision to bring on Morris for Duk was a sackable offence. Horrendous management that could have lost us the game. I don't know what he's trying to prove. Morris coming on is bad enough, a struggling Kennedy into midfield doubles the effect. Besuijen was terrible most of the game too, and the introduction of Duncan - eventually - turned the game back in our favour. He's a fantastic player who should be getting far more minutes. He's not lightweight, and is very direct. Morris needs to go to the championship immediately and stop taking minutes away from players like Duncan. 

It was amazing to see our transformation from playing well to being pish in such a short space of time with such a comfortable lead. McRorie, Stewart and Scales (and probably Roos) just turned to a panicky embarrassment in a flash. McRorie especially, was just turgid. He's really not that good at fitba. Stewart average and Scales just looked completely shaken by the rest of his defence's performance. Coulson was decent. 

• Like 1

Actually Rico I thought this was Morris's first decent performance. For the first time he looked like he was playing for the team, his defensive discipline was excellent tonight and I felt contributed reasonably well.  Also, he was unlucky when he was hauled back when about charge onto the ball on a promising counter that he had started. Not a chance in hell he should be starting ahead of Duncan though, what a prospect he is.  Like, scary to think how good he could be prospect. 

Was working so didn't see the game - relied on RedTV audio comms - so can't comment much on the 90 minutes.

Morris - with Roberts back in training he'll likely feature less anyway.

Cup draw - Rangers were the last team I wanted. Either wanted Killie (obvious reasons) or wanted another crack at Celtic, in that masochistic way of believing if we keep playing them at Hampden we'll eventually beat them, and because of all the defeats we've had to them it'll be sweet as fuck. I suppose I can wait until February to do that.

Rangers though - tough but beatable. Very much like 2018 (was that really four years ago?). Hopefully it's Sunday 3pm and we get a right good support down the road. 

Wanna laugh? 

I went to a shoe shop in Berwick-upon-Tweed Tuesday afternoon and did a wee bet in Chisholm's a North East based betting company while we were there.

Literally not done any Aberdeen related selection since before Covid-19 stopped us going to matches.

Wrote;

£15 Luis Lopes Anytime Scorer. Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle.

Got (11/10) on it.

Went to go collect my £31.50 tonight and boy behind counter hands over my original £15 stake.

I go;

"He scored the first goal should be £31.50."

They'd marked him down as not playing!!!

Needed to be sent to Head Office to clear everything up and eventually got my money fifteen minutes later.

I said;

"The only thing I can think of is whoever was checking the slip must have seen 'Duk' as one of the four goalscorers and not known that was nickname of Luis Lopes!!!!" 

7 hours ago, SeeBass said:

Wanna laugh? 

I went to a shoe shop in Berwick-upon-Tweed Tuesday afternoon and did a wee bet in Chisholm's a North East based betting company while we were there.

Literally not done any Aberdeen related selection since before Covid-19 stopped us going to matches.

Wrote;

£15 Luis Lopes Anytime Scorer. Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle.

Got (11/10) on it.

Went to go collect my £31.50 tonight and boy behind counter hands over my original £15 stake.

I go;

"He scored the first goal should be £31.50."

They'd marked him down as not playing!!!

Needed to be sent to Head Office to clear everything up and eventually got my money fifteen minutes later.

I said;

"The only thing I can think of is whoever was checking the slip must have seen 'Duk' as one of the four goalscorers and not known that was nickname of Luis Lopes!!!!" 

https://youtu.be/OkXZR3tKKDo