Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SLC - Dons - Jags

I'd like us to go with our strongest team here, none of this resting players nonsense. We need to progress at all costs and we need a cup run. I was really impressed with Duk yesterday, offered a helluva lot, btw was he injured in the end or just a dead leg??  If we were to make a change, I may consider Miovski for Ramirez, may give him the fire in his belly again. I'm avoiding Richardson as I just can't see him being dropped.

Anyway this won't be an easy one by any stretch. They're scoring lots of goals and on top of the championship (level on points with caley) so our defence will need to be focused...

Out

Breakfast

Commute

Work

2-1 Dons, Ramirez + Miovski 

We're way off knowing what our best 11 is, so I think we need continuity in the side. If Goodwin now thinks that 3-5-2 is our strongest formation, then we persist with it for a few games. I didn't like the midfield yesterday for large parts. I'm not sure Ramadani is strong enough in the tackle to play that flat 3 that we did in the second half, but it was certainly better for Barron and, to a lesser extent, Clarkson. McRorie gives me the fear at the back, and I'd still like to see us try him out at right back ahead of Richardson. McKenzie as wing back didn't really work despite his best efforts either. I've no problem with Miovski starting again, even though he was poor again, but Ramirez does deserve plenty of game time when Miovski isn't cutting it. I think 3-5-2 is our only real option if we want to play the two up front (Duk definitely deserves that place, and he doesn't really work on his own), as our midfield isn't strong enough to play a two. A 4-3-3 would be the only other option, with a tight line of three. That would allow Besuijen deserved game time alongside Miovski and Duk. One of those two it is.

I'd go:

------------------Roos-------------------

McRorie---Stewart---Scales---McKenzie

-----Barron---Ramadani---Clarkson-----

-----Besuijen-----Miovski-------Duk-----

but I think Goodwin may just maintain the same starting eleven for consistency. Ramadani the weak link in the above for me.

• Like 1

Think Goodwin will stick with the 3-5-2. Needs to be our strongest team available as this is a competition we have a chance of winning/getting beat by the Victims at Hampden so need to go for this. I would consider changing Miovski for Ramirez but we need to give Miovski and Lopes a chance to develop an understanding as a front 2 so probably not. 

Oot (unless some mug….I mean kind person decides to drive)

flat

stream if there is one

flat

2-0 Lopes and McCrorie

I can understand the desire to stick with the 3 but I don't have a problem with rotating formations to suit the opponent.  I believe Partick are fond of 1 up top so you can argue its the waste of a player in an extra CB.  That depends on the CB's though and I think we are quite well placed to play a 3 against 1 up.  Mcrorie and scales are both good on the ball and can pass and cross well so when playing against one up you can allow one of the CB's to break forward like Tierney does for Scotland to great effect.   I know these two aren't of the same calibre as Tierney but a cb breaking forward usually causes havoc as teams struggle to pick them up. 

On 31/08/2022 at 22:37, Panda said:

It's setting up nicely for Goodwin v McInnes at Hampden.

Called this in August. McInnes has done the first part, Goodwin hopefully does the same.

Rangers v Celtic at 3pm on a Sunday while Aberdeen play Kilmarnock at a half empty Hampden at 12pm on a Saturday.

£30 a ticket too plus train strikes.

Looking forward to it. Bring on the Jags.

Interesting lineup. Kennedy can feel a little hard done by not getting a look in after a decent game against killie, so fine to play him. I'm guessing it's a 4-4-2, with McRorie at right back. Weirdly, this is the sort of game I'd have played Richardson in, against poorer opposition, but he does deserved to be dropped. Besuijen earned his place and if Barron is being rested then that's fine.

1 minute ago, Elgindon said:

Goallll -  Duk

Against the run of play to be honest

3 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Sound out of Sync with play.Sounds like Johnny Hewitt co-commenting. Decent Jags support up

Aye Red TV issue

It is Hewitt on co-commentary