Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Arabs vs Dons 6PM KO

Reminder this is a 6PM kick off, be interesting how this works out for both clubs fans. Great for me as I potentially get to watch us on Sunday morning, but imagine there’ll be a fair few boozed up dandies 😂

Onto the football, arabs have had a dreadful season so far, but they’ve not lost the last few games by much. So they’ve obviously tightened up after the alkmaar and Tims pumping. Not that that would have been difficult. 

obviously out last game was decent enough. 4-1 probably flattered us by who cares. There were a lot of positives to take from the game (Morris isn’t one of them) but hopefully we can start to try and put a bit of a run together. It’s a great opportunity to get up to third with saints playing the huns and hibs playing Motherwell. It was great to see Besuijen stepping up, but I want to see it more regularly. He’s not the only one of course. Do we stick with the same team and set up as we did against killie? I think Watkins earned another start, and it’ll be interesting to see if Ramirez is gradually brought back into the fray.

out

bed

hopefully the living room

Meeting house sitters 

2-1 miovski and duk

Train strike again this weekend so be interesting to see what effect it has on crowd. Thankfully some idiot……I mean decent chap has agreed to drive up to game so will be there. Scales back so would expect him to come back in and McCrorie moved back into midfield. 

In

Lift then pub or Dundee North End v Tayport

Fair Play

Lift back to Capital

3-0 Miovski McCrorie Watkins. 

I think the interesting thing is there's a new option of formation with Ramadani playing as an all out DM.  My preference would be to stick with this as it really suited his game.  There's also some interesting selection choices for Goodwin to make.  It's not just scales back but Clarkson is available again too.  As others have mentioned Watkins did well and it would be harsh to drop him but I think he probably will be.  Hopefully baron will be on the bench too.  

I would go

Roos

Richardson Stewart scales coulson

Rama

Kennedy vinny Mcrorie hayes

Miovski

I have a feeling Goodwin will bring Clarkson straight back in though for Kennedy and play vinny wide.  

Manc the last match report i heard about utd was that they were a team with a bad attitude.  Alan Preston was really scathing of them on Saturday and basically called them lazy.  We should be going there looking to horse them. 

Utd 0 Aberdeen 4.   Miovski to finally get his hatrick and coulson

18 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Why does your house need sitting? Worried it might get lonely?

We'll be away in the UK for a long period of time, so would rather it wasn't left empty 👍

1 hour ago, tlg1903 said:

Manc the last match report i heard about utd was that they were a team with a bad attitude.  Alan Preston was really scathing of them on Saturday and basically called them lazy.  We should be going there looking to horse them. 

I agree with you, I heard the BBC team talking about it but it just made me nervous. I'm not confident enough in this team to think they'll swat them away, even if they should!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, manc_don said:

3,700 tickets sold so far with 300 available, should be a cracking atmosphere. Hopefully the team oblige and put on a good performance.

Thats it everyone shows up.
Despite the club indicating the Hibs allocation was sold out the upper tier had lots of empty seats

I've a rare Saturday off so heading up to it.

United will raise their game so not expecting an easy one at all, especially with our defence still likely to gift cheap goals.

Gonna go for an entertaining 2-1 win though for the good guys.

5 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

am 48 have high bloodpressure and am sure i could put in a better performance than richardson hopeless shitebag

Must have missed both goals coming from down  his side 

but hey ho here go the agendas again.

14 minutes ago, BigAl said:

4-0 Richardson again no doubt 

I mean, Richardson was absolutely honking. Fannied out of everything and is just terrible at football. Stewart exactly the same, just too slow for this league. We need to be dropping our captain. Unfortunately, you'd then have to replace him with McRorie who isn't good enough either. It was like they were having a competition to see who could provide the worst distribution. Miovski should have been replaced by Ramirez not long after halftime, it was clearly not working for him. Coulson's defending for those first two was criminal. Like he thought it was too easy so ended up not bothering. They shitfested just enough to see them through the first 30 minutes or so, breaking up play and fouling constantly, and then we gave up. It's annoying that there's a penalty to gripe about, because we deserve those decisions going against us when we play like that. McGrath was very good for them. Clarkson decent for us.