Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

League cup: Dons vs Dumbarton

24 minutes ago, Slim said:

McCrorie scored from where I’m sitting.

Couldn't see if Ramirez was offside or not. 

Vinny got booked for not diving, trying his best to stay on his feet. 

Ramadani looks good, spraying passes about everywhere. Doesn’t look like an “enforcer” though so still room for Shinnie…

Went for a pish, thon bird is not there now. Hope he’s ok.

Don’t think it was Ramirez offside, I think it was obstruction on the keeper….?

Good performance overall, should have been a hammering but for some bad luck and Ramirez missing a couple of sitters (looked hungry though which is a good sign).

McCrorie probably our best player followed by Kennedy. Vincente was very lively but always seemed to make the wrong choice of direction to turn or pass to make. 

The boy Milne that came on for Stewart (and preferred to Bates) is an absolute giant and absolutely bodied anyone that came near him. One to watch. 

Stewart looked very strong defending his penalty box but looks very vulnerable to balls played in behind him. Very slow to turn. Something to watch out for. 

Scales looked comfortable but needs to do something with his barnet. He’s not acting in a period drama.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

Don’t think it was Ramirez offside, I think it was obstruction on the keeper….?

Possibly, it was given by the linesman with his flag about 20 seconds after the ball went in so I assumed offside. 

2 hours ago, OxfordDon said:

Count yourself lucky, my view is restricted to BBC live text updates, a riveting read which didn't even bother to note the disallowed goal.

dullbbctext.PNG.d8fd205016fe5282c9dd83b40308f05f.PNG

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Club twitter account reports it as McCrorie.

Don't trust these BBC cunts so believed our twitter 😉

Point of order: The live text is provided by Opta, as are the match stats.

True story.

• Like 1

Saw bits of the game. These are good games to get new players to develop cohesion, especially an entirely new keeper and defense, and not overly bothered we didn’t score more, sharpness should come. Glad that we actually created chances. Curious to see what happens to Ramirez when the new signing(s) arrive. Still think creativity is our weakness, hope we bring in a winger and a ten asap to get early season practice and develop chemistry.

thoughts on mason Hancock? With him, scales, hayes, and mackenzie, covered for left back surely?? (Especially if we sign another winger so hayes worst case can drop back.)

Another solid enough performance against weak opposition.  Ramadani looks a good bit of business all round but what I liked most about his debut was the instant understanding with Mcrorie.  They really didn't look like a cm pairing that was playing together for the first time regardless of level of opposition.  I wonder if JG is planning on playing barron ahead of then as a 10 🤔

Yet again no game time for mclennan.  Wonder if he will be leaving soon as well. 

I know it's on Dumbarton so we definitely should, but we looked like an actual team there. Fingers crossed this is a sign of things to come, Ramadani seemed to slot in seamlessly. I'm actually gutted for Ramirez too, that goal should have stood. It was an excellent finish to round of some great play. Getting a bit excited about the upcoming season...

21 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Getting a bit excited about the upcoming season...

Tell me you're a poor deluded fool that really should know better by now without actually saying "I'm a poor deluded fool that should really know better by now". 😘

Edited by tlg1903
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, donsdaft said:

Barron on his way to  Celtic?

Deal including Scales to Pittodrie?

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

Throw in Mikey Johnston and I’ll take that!

1 hour ago, donsdaft said:

Only if they take Bates as well

Also McLennan and £5m and I could go for that, otherwise tell the manky bastards to get to fuck

26 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Tell me you're a poor deluded fool that really should know better by now without actually saying "I'm a poor deluded fool that should really know better by now". 😘

Sucker for punishment. It's the hope that kills us all.