Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Saints (Perth) vs dons

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Also, I'd happily get rid of that entire back four ahead of next season. 

Goodwins comments tonight give me hope that is the intention.

"We were in complete control and one ball over the top of our backline and the ball is in the net. When the ball comers across the face of goal, it is really, really poor defending. There's no getting away from the numbers - this team has conceded far too many goals."

Och I really don't care about this result or performance because I find it hard to see any point in critiquing these last few games.  The season is a bogey, this team is disbanding and nothing that happens right now bears much relevance to what is to come in the summer. 

A thought occurred when walking the dog earlier though.  This summer we will likely  be saying goodbye to the last remnants of the Mcinnes era.  Goodwin is going to have a fair bit of cash to play with wage wise given cormack has said the wage bill isn't going to change despite no Europe.  Its not often you get a rebuild of this scale and sometimes it can be an opportunity especially when you have a new manager in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Och I really don't care about this result or performance because I find it hard to see any point in critiquing these last few games.  The season is a bogey, this team is disbanding and nothing that happens right now bears much relevance to what is to come in the summer. 

A thought occurred when walking the dog earlier though.  This summer we will likely  be saying goodbye to the last remnants of the Mcinnes era.  Goodwin is going to have a fair bit of cash to play with wage wise given cormack has said the wage bill isn't going to change despite no Europe.  Its not often you get a rebuild of this scale and sometimes it can be an opportunity especially when you have a new manager in. 

Had a great start to my day. Was wearing my dons beanie on the train and some random says, oh, you’ve had a tough season, then proceeded to show me the current score (I knew this already). Turns out he’s a kiwi hibbie. So couldn’t gloat too much.

I just hope Goodwin doesn’t fuck it up. We can’t afford another costly error.

Kind of guessing that I might be one of the lucky ones by not having been to sit and watch that last night ?

I sense it's going to be some job convincing decent players to come and be part of our club this summer.

This doesn't look like it is going to be an overnight fix.

Dare I say it, it could get worse before it gets better. 

47 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Kind of guessing that I might be one of the lucky ones by not having been to sit and watch that last night ?

I sense it's going to be some job convincing decent players to come and be part of our club this summer.

We are 10th. It cannot get worse without relegation. 

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

My thoughts exactly 

Edited by Goldie03
  • Like 1