Jump to content

Scottish League Cup

Sunday 10 July 2022 - kick-off 3pm

Peterhead v Aberdeen

Stand Free!

Saints (Perth) vs dons


Recommended Posts

Games down at Perth are brutal at the best of times. With nothing to play for, I couldn’t think of anything worse. Still, I hope they give considine another run out, the very least he deserves. be nice to get a clean sheet.

I know most of us are hoping to see Goodwin stamp his intentions on the side, but obviously that won’t be happening until he brings in a few of his own faces. Guess that’s a topic for another thread. 
 

out

bed

work

work

0-0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Ramirez and Watkins being out,it might be worth 'unleashing' McLennan and Kennedy up front given their unlikely futures on the wings.Might get a laugh if nothing else.

   McRorie at R/B again to see if worth pursuing.

   Out

  Red TV

  St J 1 - Dons 3  Besuijen hat trick. 

    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

 Ramirez and Watkins being out,it might be worth 'unleashing' McLennan and Kennedy up front given their unlikely futures on the wings.Might get a laugh if nothing else.

   McRorie at R/B again to see if worth pursuing.

   Out

  Red TV

  St J 1 - Dons 3  Besuijen hat trick. 

    

Ohh I like the optimism, a high scoring game against them! Be great to try and end the season positively.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elgindon said:

McRorie at R/B again to see if worth pursuing

It's already decreed on the other thread, he's now a right back. Unfortunately he's out because of the concussion in the previous game (which he didn't agree with). Ojo to come in and score a hat trick from the fullback position.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Find it odd that manger talked about importance of finishing as high as possible due to prize money available per place recently then allows his main striker to fuck off early. As club have no interest in this game then neither do I. 
 

Oot

Work

Flat

Flat

meh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Panda said:

Liam Harvey in the squad for the game, 17 year old striker.

 

If he is good enough  he is old enough.

Give him a run out.

Read someone on P&B last week saying he was worth a first team game.

Out

Work

Presenting my radio show

Home

2-1 (Ferguson)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

All to play for after tonight's result. If you told me at the start of the season that with two games to go 8th place would be within our own hands, I'd have bitten your hand off. 

I probably would've resorted to violence too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Panda said:

Liam Harvey in the squad for the game, 17 year old striker.

 

A meaningless game so a great chance to get a look at who else we've got coming through the ranks. Didn't actually expect Goodwin to do it though, so fair play if he gives him some proper minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ojo Montgomery and Ruth start??? Why? Thought line up was based on players who will be here next year. Makes me even wonder if we have an option to buy Montgomery?

Id rather see one or two of the young kids, even as shit as kennedy and mclennan are, I’d rather see them if they’ll be here next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jute said:

1-0 down more comic book defending by Bates and Gallagher.

It was typical of their performances all season. This is not a working pairing. We were looking pretty bright too, Ruth looking good. Might get himself a club.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

Ojo Montgomery and Ruth start??? Why? Thought line up was based on players who will be here next year. Makes me even wonder if we have an option to buy Montgomery?

Id rather see one or two of the young kids, even as shit as kennedy and mclennan are, I’d rather see them if they’ll be here next year.

Adam Montgomery is a bang average footballer that we somehow took on loan. It’s a disgrace that he is starting tonight in a dead rubber game ahead of actual Aberdeen signings or the young lads. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sheepheid said:

Adam Montgomery is a bang average footballer that we somehow took on loan. It’s a disgrace that he is starting tonight in a dead rubber game ahead of actual Aberdeen signings or the young lads. 

McLean is suggesting Montgomery might be returning next season on loan which is a worrying sign. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jute said:

McLean is suggesting Montgomery might be returning next season on loan which is a worrying sign. 

Stop it, that's not funny. He's not been terrible tonight in fairness, and if he was less of a fanny - which he might be with more starts - he'd be decent. I think he'll do alright next season on loan at someone, but it's not our job to get an unproven Tim up to speed.

We've shifted the ball about nicely at times tonight. Ruth been pish since we said he was good! Barron an inch away from making things happen. 

Anyway, settle down to watch the big game at half time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

I think we’re at the stage where the current squad could well be the worst ever assembled by AFC. 

And I'll add mclennan is one of our worst to play. He cannot control a fucking ball. Fumble stumble lose it repeat...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

I think we’re at the stage where the current squad could well be the worst ever assembled by AFC. 

It's fucking awful, isn't it? The subs are pointless.

Rooney been good for them. He's a beast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Soooooo
Is this a cunning plan to ensure the Dons pay as low a share towards the VAR costs without the risk of dropping to a league where it wont be used?

It's been a long time in the making too. Very impressive, and high risk given they didn't know that the vote would go in favour of var when they signed Ojo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...