Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Realsitic transfer targets?

Any decent players at Hamilton? I haven't seen Richard Offiong play for them but I've been following his career and he has scored a shitload for them. Perhaps he'd need to prove himself at a higher level before becoming a realistic option, but some SPL clubs must surely be looking at him.

Plenty good players at Hamilton, I'd take Offion, James McArthur, James McCarthy and Alex Neil. The 2 Mc's have massive potential are already being courted by big bigger clubc than us. Only way we will get any of their players is if they dont get promoted, same applies for the likes of Kevin McDonald at Dundee who could do a good job for us too.

Guest ally s

The lad McArthur is worth a look too.  I was quite impressed by him in the cup tie at Pittodrie.

Just been called into the Scotland U21 squad.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bloo_toon_red

Hibs are in for Yantorno for those who are interested:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/-Hibs-move-to-sign.3961913.jp

I'd like to see us make a move for Falkirk's Darren Barr.  A fee would be involved, but he's a good player and I think it would be a great move for him, particularly if we get into Europe again.

Wouldn't surprise me though if we end up going in for Pedro Moutinho.  Out of contract, could fill the void on the left hand side when Aluko goes back to Birmingham.  Decent player, tore Lee Mair a new one at Falkirk earlier in the season (no mean feat eh?) but I'd stick my neck out and say he's probably not consistent enough for us, but it's the kind of signing we all know Jimmy will go for.

Garry Hay was mentioned somewhere as well.  Another decent player to fill left-back slot, which really needs to be sorted once and for all., but we could probably do better.  McNamara's legs have gone and he can't be a viable option there next season.

I've been impressed with Andy Dorman at St Mirren as well, could be a decent shout to replace Barry Nicholson?

I don't know if this was a made-up rumour, but I've heard whispers of Mark Kerr from Dundee Utd.  Very talented player, if a little slight.

Guest ally s

Garry Hay would be a really good signing imo, he's like a left sided Mikey Hart.  Solid, has a bit of pace, and sound defensively.

How about Ryan Stevenson?  I've never seen him play but my mate (an Ayr fan) reckons Stevenson could cut it easily in the SPL.

Garry Hay would be a really good signing imo, he's like a left sided Mikey Hart.  Solid, has a bit of pace, and sound defensively.

How about Ryan Stevenson?  I've never seen him play but my mate (an Ayr fan) reckons Stevenson could cut it easily in the SPL.

Ryan Stevenson would potentially be a squad player initially, far from convinced he'd cut it straight away in the SPL, and might need time to adjust, but not as much time as it'll be afore he gets his driving licence back.

Ryan has been a bad boy in case you didn't know

Guest bloo_toon_red

Just asked an arab about his opinion of Mark Kerr:

Mark Kerrs having his best season yet for us however I think his confidence has been done irreparable damage by the boo boys ala duff and mccracken which leads to far too many crucial mistakes (ala cis cup final). In fairness to Kerr it’s probably a bit harsh mentioning him in the same sentence as the other two. Would benefit from moving on I reckon.