Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Cunts mk.2 vs Good guys

We're pish, but they're not infallible .  This could go either way to be honest. Exactly the type of fixture we need to galvanise the team or it could break us.  Really not sure which way I'm leaning towards at the moment. Probably the latter.

Do we have our injured players back for this one? I've not really paid much attention apart from watching most of the shit show yesterday.

Out
Bed
Bed
Bed
3-0, no dons scorer

Firstly I will have a couple of pints of what Al has been drinking please.

If we play like we did last night we will get thrashed. Hopefully get a couple back especially in defence. Need to get Gallagher to fuck. Would consider going with McGeouch and Ferguson in midfield. 

Oot

flat

local game probably Penicuik v Blackburn.

flat

3-0 no dons scorer

Going in our favour is that Rangers were poor against St Johnstone, and let slip a two-goal lead against Motherwell last week, so let's not get over excited about them.

Also, it's not like we've suddenly been below par - we've been like this all season and still managed to pick up two draws against them. So I don't foresee a hammering. That said, I'd take a point now if you were offering it.

I'd play Brown in defence. He's not fit enough to run around midfield and get pulled apart. At least Brown reads the game a bit better than Gallagher & Bates though. 

Either play three at the back and have McCrorie if fit into midfield so there's a bit more energy there, or drop one of Gallagher/Bates and play Brown in a back two. 

20 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Brown out may not be far wrong. Rumours,possibly fishwifey,that hes played his last game.We'll see.

Nae too confident with that line up,but we've played well in the bigger games  Into them COYR

At Goodwins presser yesterday he said brown would have a big role to play today so it defo fits

59 minutes ago, Jute said:

Assuming McCrorie in midfield with Ferguson and Barron. Ojo and Hayes as full backs.

Two striking things about that line up.

One, it’s back to the old triangular pegs, hexagonal holes with Hayes and Ojo at full back when we have MacKenzie and Ramsay on the bench. Peculiar.

Two, seems like only a few months back we had about a million central midfield players, now we are having to play a young inexperienced loon in there at Ibrox.

Horrible feeling about this one. First time in a while I have looked at our team sheet and realised why we are so far down the league. Hoping for a backs to the wall 0-0.

54 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Two striking things about that line up.

One, it’s back to the old triangular pegs, hexagonal holes with Hayes and Ojo at full back when we have MacKenzie and Ramsay on the bench. Peculiar.

Two, seems like only a few months back we had about a million central midfield players, now we are having to play a young inexperienced loon in there at Ibrox.

Horrible feeling about this one. First time in a while I have looked at our team sheet and realised why we are so far down the league. Hoping for a backs to the wall 0-0.

I've never been convinced by McKenzie, and I don't think you drop Hayes for him away at Ibrox against a fast opponent. Ramsay maybe not fully fit. Bar a couple of slightly Ojo moments, tanking out of position for no reason, he's been good. The whole defence actually. McRorie really helps in there despite his final ball being honking. Ramirez putting in a shift but struggling with the ball. McLennan probably the weak link, but that could be as much to do with their setup allowing the space for tavernier as much as McLennan. Besuijen been okay. Overall, were doing okay, we look disciplined and well organised.

2 minutes ago, redordead said:

From the little I've seen of the half, we look to have parked the bus. 

I don't think that's fair. We've tried to play a bit when we have the ball, we just look like we're lacking in organisation. It doesn't seem like we've overloaded the defence.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

MacLennan just never seems to make the right choice out there. McKenzie on and get Hayes further forward?

This re mclennan. He’s awful. Any time he gets in a good position he makes the wrong choice. He tries to use skill and fumbles the ball or simply gives it up. His asset is pace, knock it and run. One of the dumbest players we’ve had in a long time.

• Like 2

Being fair to goodwin, got to give him the summer, even the Xmas window too, to build his own team. Pre summer is all assessment and who you keep. We’re shite with zero confidence and he’s seeing that, he gets a free pass right now, you can only piss with the cock you are given.

• Like 2

From what I also saw and think, there’s no place for brown. Strong leader but I think it’s time to develop mccrorie and Barron in there, and hopefully add a creative 10 in the summer (assuming we lose Ferguson.) I also think we stick with and develop the Gallagher bates partnership and hopefully get Mackenzie and Ramsay back in. Curious to see what polvara brings too. Didn’t see him when he got on, anything to suggest there’s a player there??

31 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

From what I also saw and think, there’s no place for brown. Strong leader but I think it’s time to develop mccrorie and Barron in there, and hopefully add a creative 10 in the summer (assuming we lose Ferguson.) I also think we stick with and develop the Gallagher bates partnership and hopefully get Mackenzie and Ramsay back in. Curious to see what polvara brings too. Didn’t see him when he got on, anything to suggest there’s a player there??

Agree with this. MacKenzie did okay when he came on, although possibly at fault for the goal? Gallagher played well today, the level we should be expecting. Bates did okay but then played three atrocious passes in a row and shook the confidence of the whole team. He's trying to play passes with his right foot that should be left footed and his body shape is all wrong. It just doesn't work. 

Thought Polvara looked like a nothing player in the few minutes we saw him. Not particularly strong, behind the play and not very dynamic. The obvious caveats of it being a tiny contribution in a game that was already gone. I don't think we'll see much of him between now and the end of the season. First opinions can regularly be wrong of course, plenty of time for him.

5 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Presume you mean Barron. I think he earned his spot on recent performances. No harm in giving him the chance. If anything, less pressure on him today than there will be against Hibs at Pittodrie.

5 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

3 hours ago, LA-Don said:

I think the problem with Brown is that at 36 he should have been a back-up player. A good one at that & a strong leader. And with a thin squad like ours he would still have played plenty of games.

Instead Glass essentially built the midfield around him, when he should have been building it around a guy like McCrorie. Brown began the season pretty well but he's ran out of legs, which isn't really all that surprising.