Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Hearts vs Dons

That was poor. Today highlights what happens when you fail to recruit in three consecutive windows. We're way behind hearts in terms of the two squads. There's 6-7 of their players that would walk into our team. Their whole defence, the two up front and probably McKay. We've got 7 or 8 that need to be shifted in the summer.

Thank fuck for St Johnstone and Dundee being as shite as they are as if they were even half way competent we would be looking at relegation. We are an awful side with some fucking awful players. Never looked like troubling Hearts tonight. Massive turnover of players needed in the summer. 

• Like 2

Oooft that was a hard watch never got going at all and canny pass a ball to save ourselves!!

Knew Feguson was missing that penalty, took far to long to hit it 

Fair play to Goodwin making the players come to our end at the finish!!

Canny honestly see how we can get ourselves out of bottom 6 

Edited by Goldie03
  • Like 1

First game I’ve also thought brown was a liability. He makes a lot of mistakes. Also losing faith in Lewis, keeper really needs to be a strong personality and he doesn’t exude confidence. Im not a big fan of the Dutch signing either, don’t really see anything more than what kennedy and mclennan offer. hard to perform well joining a failing team with zero confidence, I’ll give him that.

if we lose Ramsay and Ferguson in the summer, what is left?? Said before we were 2-3 players off being a decent side, but the way we’re playing we look fucking awful and other than these two plus mccrorie and Ramirez, who else is demonstrating they are really worth keeping?? I’d say Mackenzie and Barron certainly get a chance, but …..?

Gallagher & Bates as a partnership is not going to work. Both constantly caught out of position. Too easily shrugged off the ball. Not enough pace. 

In fairness to Goodwin, he was limited with his options. Hearts were at full strength, we had Ramsay, McCrorie & Watkins missing who all improve that team, while Brown & Hayes are clearly not 100%, Kennedy has barely played and it showed. Ramirez had one of his poorer games. 

• Like 1

We've four games left before the split. 

Livingston (37): Celtic (H); Hearts (A); St Johnstone (A); Motherwell (H)

Hibernian (36): St Johnstone (H); Aberdeen (A); Dundee Utd (H); Hearts (A)

Dundee Utd (35): Hearts (H); St Mirren (A); Hibernian (A); Dundee (H)

Motherwell (35): Dundee (H); St Johnstone (A); St Mirren (H); Livingston (A)

Ross County (33): St Mirren (H); Celtic (A); Hearts (H); Aberdeen (H)

St Mirren (33): Ross County (A); Dundee (A); Dundee Utd (H); Motherwell (A); Rangers (H)

Aberdeen (32): Rangers (A); Hibernian (H); Dundee (A); Ross County (H)

I'm not sure I see us making the top six.

Going to form, I see

Motherwell 42

Livingston 41

Dundee United 41

Hibernian 40

Ross County 36

St Mirren 35

So that means we need at least nine points from the last four games. On paper it's doable because after Rangers the other three games are definitely winnable, but I just don't think we've got it in us at the moment. I see us winning one, losing one, and drawing two.

2 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Not arguing there BigAl but the penalty we got last night was embarrassing. Ferguson should be cringing watching that back. Blatant dive. Don’t want to be seeing our players doing that stuff no matter how badly we need a goal. 

And yet I watched the game on the SPL channel with Hearts TV commentary and both commentators said at the time and upon watching replays that it was a penalty.

Hearts boy dangled his leg out and gave the ref a decision to make.

This is not however an isolated incident of Neilson bring a completely classless 24 carot gold tosser who looks like he could do with a decent shower .

In summary, he's a fucking arsehole in my opinion.

• Like 1

Ferguson did dive, but it was likely due to recent decisions that have went against Aberdeen.

Namely, Dundee United on Saturday. Harkes (?) feels a tug on shirt, drops to ground, penalty given.

Yet, few weeks ago against Livingston I think it was Ferguson who had his shirt pulled and got nothing. Hedges/Ferguson both could have had penalties v the Old Firm and didn't. 

There was contact from Atkinson so Ferguson felt it and went down. Sometimes you've got to make a meal of it to get the decision.

Not saying two wrongs make a right, but everyone is doing it, not just Ferguson. Doubt Neilson will be so vocal next time a Hearts player does it either.

9 hours ago, Jute said:

There was contact but not enough to cause Ferguson to go down so he threw himself to the ground. That’s diving plain and simple. It’s something that should be cracked down on across the game but isn’t. 

I agree. Exactly the same as the Utd guy at the weekend. 

However, it's important to note that it constitutes a penalty in today's game and VAR would definitely not have overturned. We would have had a three minute wait while the ref watched 18 slow motion replays, back and forth, to determine whether there was "contact" or not, all the while ignoring the fact that it's a contact sport.

1 hour ago, tlg1903 said:

It's probably the softest penalty I have ever seen Aberdeen be awarded. 

Its soft but it doesnt beat the one Alan Freeland (Aberdeen) gave in a 2-2 draw at Dens Park back in December 2000. Recall no one (fans, players, management of both teams) had a clue what it was for.

• Like 1