Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Well vs. Dons - League

Some end to the half! Hell of a free kick, got off lightly. Bates fucking about with it for the umpteenth time in the half, resulting in Hayes' injury. Really need Considine back. 

The pitch is a fucking disaster, which makes Bates pissing about even more inexplicable. We just have to battle like fuck today, the ball is too bobbly to be trying to skip past people at the back. Make sure that any pass backs go right to Lewis' strong foot at the correct pace too.

Edited by RicoS321

I wouldn’t expect much from big Andy when he’s fit. He was old and slowing by the day before the injury, and it was a significant injury. Think that’s a factor when we invested in Gallagher and bates, plus kept Devlin on. Andy won’t be a left back any more, plus not sure a back 3 is the direction we are going in.

2 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

I wouldn’t expect much from big Andy when he’s fit. He was old and slowing by the day before the injury, and it was a significant injury. Think that’s a factor when we invested in Gallagher and bates, plus kept Devlin on. Andy won’t be a left back any more, plus not sure a back 3 is the direction we are going in.

He's the world's best centre half. Never speak ill of Andy.

But seriously, he's strong, left footed and doesn't dick about, whilst also playing the ball into areas that we can chase down (rarely punts it out of the park). Today is the first time I've seen Bates complete a pass with his left (a bloody good one!). We need somebody on that side.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Don't want to big up young Barron too much but have to say ge is fairly grabbing his chance and looks a real decent prospect.

On a separate note, why oh why had no one gone shoulder to shoulder with the Dutch thug.

Saw very little of the second half but I though Barron hardly touched the ball first half. I assume better in the second?? Would love us to stick with him for the rest of the season and really see what he’s got.

7 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Don't want to big up young Barron too much but have to say ge is fairly grabbing his chance and looks a real decent prospect.

On a separate note, why oh why had no one gone shoulder to shoulder with the Dutch thug.

Aye, he was excellent again today. Shame about the rest of the side. Worryingly we didn't really do much to change it when they changed shape and took on Woolery. Hayes' starting position against him was always very deep, but he'd have matched him for pace. Bates launching himself at everything today because his positioning seemed to be permanently off too. McRorie was solid in midfield but his final ball is terrible. Despite his goal, I thought Besuijen was poor. Criminally offside several times (as he was against St Johnstone), because he wasn't keeping up with play. That should be drilled into them at an early age.

Looks like we'll have to wait another week for our first good win.

5 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

From what I saw,(when Hesgoals wasnt packing in),we looked pretty lucky to get a draw.Barely strung 2 passes together,maybe miss Brown more than we think.Will take a draw today.

While I think brown is certainly on the decline as a player, and we see him make mistakes regularly, he is most definitely a positive factor for us. Don’t want to lose him at this stage of the season.

13 minutes ago, BigAl said:

How could Gallagher be out-muscled by Van Veen for the equaliser...it's an injury I've had when playing and every time you're touched it fucking really hurts yet for an hour or more we didn't touch him or foul him.  Both our CB were really crap today.  Barron's cross for Ramirez for the "goal" was excellent.

28 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Saw very little of the second half but I though Barron hardly touched the ball first half. I assume better in the second?? Would love us to stick with him for the rest of the season and really see what he’s got.

That in my opinion is an extremely gatsh analysis of a young boy on his second start.

There are even Motherwell fans on P&B claiming Barron looks like a real find.

19 minutes ago, LightbulbMoment2021 said:

Montgomery is poor he needs benched! Gallacher is crap 100%! There are at least 7 players I'd 100% move on in the summer. And 2 were on the bench. The stats show mwell definitely had the better of the game looked far more dangerous in attack.

Let's hear your seven then.

At this moment in time every player will.start with a clean slate on account of the managerial situation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigAl said:

Well (no pun) intended things just got a whole lot more interesting with the appointment.

Kind of wishing I was going now, but just heading out to golf and should be home in time to see the game on Red TV.

Balls of steel from Goodwin taking the responsibility immediately and wish him the very best of luck.

Absolutely no idea about the team and wonder if Robson will have picked it in adavance and Goodwin will just start with it.

Anyway........

Out

Golf

Red TV

Watching whatever football is on after it with beers

1-1 (Vincente)

2, 8, 21, 24, 31 42

Tonight's lottery numbers

Pile on lads

You'll thank me later 👍

• Like 1

Lewis, Ramsay, mccrorie, bates, Gallagher, Mackenzie, Barron, hayes, besuijen, Ramirez, Watkins, brown, Ferguson…….and I suppose Andy isn’t going anywhere. That’s 14…….plus polvara who I’ve never seen play is 15.

out of that, possibly Ferguson and Ramsay go in the summer, although with Ramsay off the boil not so sure he’s going now. Brown too perhaps. Still leaves maybe 12 capable players. 

we’re desperately short on confidence but I still back up what I said 2-3 weeks ago. Still feel we are 2-a couple of  players from a pretty decent starting 11.

1 hour ago, LightbulbMoment2021 said:

That's obvious but I just hope come the summer a few are moved on.. Jet Campbell  Montgomery  Ojo Gallacher Mclennan 

That is six, one of whom is only here on loan until.the sunmer, another of whom is out of contract at the end of the season 🤔

1 hour ago, LightbulbMoment2021 said:

That's obvious but I just hope come the summer a few are moved on.. Jet Campbell  Montgomery  Ojo Gallacher Mclennan 

Not ready to write off Campbell just yet. He’s young, hopefully the killie experience helps him. Plus if we lose ojo Ferguson and brown maybe worth keeping him for a little longer.