Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs. Tractor saints

Montgomery may be there worst player I've seen in a dons shirt for some time.

Young Barron was great. If he keeps up that standard, he'll be away next season.

Really hope Gallagher is injured because there's no way on fucking earth that bates stays on if you have to choose one.

Still created baws all.

Edited by redordead

I actually quite enjoyed that must have been watching a different game to all of you ha - I did  nod off a bit in the 1st half tho 😋

I thought they fought for everything in the 2nd half and well worth a point 3 would have been nice but just a bit unlucky at the end 

I too am not convinced by Montgomery - Lewis was excellent tonight  showed much more desire than Saturday

Edited by Goldie03

Just back, that was interesting. Disagree with you all on Montgomery, that was his best game for us tonight, which obviously is saying nothing. He was, however, miles better than McKenzie unfortunately. Perhaps difficult to see how bad McKenzie was on the telly, but he was literally out of position the entire half. He had no idea where he was supposed to stand, with Middleton just wandering away from him regularly, which didn't happen in the second half. It reminded me of Hernandez' debut, he had to be removed before he gave away a goal. Hopefully it's just that he wasn't fit, because to be worse than Montgomery is fairly special. The injuries did us a favour tonight, the midfield just weren't at it in the first half. It was strange, Barron's movement was excellent but it was almost like Ferguson and Brown were confused by it. They didn't seem to know where to run without getting in his way. The number of times our fullbacks had the ball with nobody to pass to was embarrassing. Brown moving to centre half was an improvement, but Brown going off was even better as he just wasn't up for it at all. Ferguson then came on to a game and we improved. A few folk round me were disappointed with Jet coming on, but it wasn't physically possible to bring on a worse player than Kennedy, so it was an automatic improvement. Ramirez, who had a terrible game, unlucky not to win it.

I'm not sure what to make of it. That first half was the worst I've seen us in a long time, a genuine concern. If we can be that bad, relegation isn't out of the question. We desperately need Considine back to get Bates onto his correct foot as he's an easy target. I'd give Hayes the left back position for the rest of the season and forget the other two, it's too risky. Besuijen did enough to start at the weekend. Perhaps we can ask politely for Niall McGinn back to replace Kennedy.

1 minute ago, Elgindon said:

Tickets selling surprisingly fast for the Utd game(16'000) so far.Tried to book my usual seat in the Main stand( pick 6 package),but whole stand sold out. A wee heads up for anyone thinking of going

They've been giving tickets to school kids I believe. Don't think it's the pull of Tam Courts' galacticunts.

12 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

They've been giving tickets to school kids I believe. Don't think it's the pull of Tam Courts' galacticunts.

Ah. I ken Fergies coming but 16k so far seemed a bit overenthusiastic.Hope the poor blighters(and Fergie) arent subjected to anything like last nights first half drivel  

Edited by Elgindon
  • Like 2

Will likely be the new manager's first home game, Fergie coming home, big pre-match display, and "the New Firm derby" if they sort of thing tickles you.

Gutted I'm working otherwise I'd definitely be driving up for it so not surprised ticket sales are good.

Just think, if Cormack had his way with a 16,000 capacity stadium, it not only would be sold out but around 500-1000 who currently have tickets would have been turned away.

23 minutes ago, Panda said:

Just think, if Cormack had his way with a 16,000 capacity stadium, it not only would be sold out but around 500-1000 who currently have tickets would have been turned away

We'll, aye, but I'm guessing the club wouldn't have had to give away a bunch of tickets to kids either.