Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs. Tractor saints

Fuck knows how this is going to go. No manager, Simmie and Robson in charge and players confidence / trust completely shot. Their results in feb have been all over the shop, whereas we've just been shite but we are better at home.  Don't think i'll be bothering with it tbh, work is more appealing.

Out
Breakfast
Work
Work
1-1, Ramirez

This is actually the first time since the Rangers game that I'm actually getting to watch an Aberdeen game so I for one am very excited.

Presume McCrorie & Lewis out? Think I'd rather have Robbie Winters in goal over the current options.

Last time we had interim bosses in charge it led to the debuts of Ramsay & Mackenzie. So fully expecting Barron, Ruth and Shingler all to get a run-out, and a year from now us to be turning down bids from Sunderland & Sampdoria.

1 hour ago, Panda said:

This is actually the first time since the Rangers game that I'm actually getting to watch an Aberdeen game so I for one am very excited.

Presume McCrorie & Lewis out? Think I'd rather have Robbie Winters in goal over the current options.

Last time we had interim bosses in charge it led to the debuts of Ramsay & Mackenzie. So fully expecting Barron, Ruth and Shingler all to get a run-out, and a year from now us to be turning down bids from Sunderland & Sampdoria.

Interesting point, Ramsay and McKenzie got their chances and took them. Would like to see others given a chance. In my opinion, no real point in loan players now, let’s assess what we have.

I think at this stage we have to play players in their best and natural position. play Ramsay and McKenzie at full back, assuming it’s a back 4 if mccrorie is out.  Ferguson and brown in center mid, hayes and Vicente wide, Ramirez at 9. now let’s see if Robson can get jet to perform at 10. There is flair and creativity there that our team sadly lacks. Give him a chance, nothing to lose.

lastly, anyone in goal. Maybe draw straws?

3-1 us, Ramirez Ferguson and jet.

Edited by OrlandoDon

Is Ramsay a good full back though? I don't actually think he is. In fact, he's awful at defending and decent going forward. 

Regardless, I agree, I hope we see some of the other youth getting a shot.  Certainly Robson will know better than most of what they might be capable of.

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Is Ramsay a good full back though? I don't actually think he is. In fact, he's awful at defending and decent going forward. 

Regardless, I agree, I hope we see some of the other youth getting a shot.  Certainly Robson will know better than most of what they might be capable of.

Ramsay’s raw and young, give him time. He has the pace which certainly helps and playing alongside experience can only help. If he gets better we sell him on for more, if he’s not developing at a higher rate he stays and is prob good enough for us. 
would like to see Barron play more, is he a wide player? If so he’s first off the bench in a wide role ahead of Montgomery, mclennan, and kennedy. Plus surely Ruth is Ramirez’ back up, give him a run too.

who else should we see???

First and foremost we need to make sure we do not lose this tonight. If we do lose then we are getting dragged into a relegation scrap and I am not convinced we have the players with the stomach for that sort of fight. Before anyone says it can’t happen remember Hibs in 2014. Hopefully Lewis is over his illness as thought of Woods or Samson in goal is not a good one. I am not sure this is game for experimenting with youth. Fermers brought a load of players in during window so will be a different team to one we faced previously. 

oot

flat

either stream or Edinburgh City v Albion Rovers

flat

1-0 Ferguson. 

At 5pm on Saturday if you'd asked me I wouldn't have even contemplated watching this on Red TV, but amazing what the passage of a couple of days can do.

Actually looking forward to seeing what the reaction from the team actually is tonight, always assuming of course that there is a reaction.

Intrigued to see what Robson's first team selection is going to be.

A victory tonight and again on Saturday against those Lanarkshire cunts would go a long way to uplift everyones spirits.

Not excited enough to make the seven hour round journey at short notice, so Red TV it is then.

Out

Meeting in the Weeg and driving home.

Red TV

Having a dram or two

2-0 (Ferguson & Bates)

I've been desperately trying to get a positive COVID test so that I don't have to put myself through this tonight, but unsuccessful! The last time Robson was involved it was one of the most naive performances I've seen from a professional team in years. It was "play out from the back" at all costs, despite the fact that the opposition were right there. Defenders were dodging in and out trying to find space to receive it from the keeper before sending it flying back to him either on his wrong foot or straight into his feet resulting in a rushed attempt to lob it to the fullback who was also under total pressure. That had most fans convinced that Joe Lewis was terrible with the ball at his feet (and for some reason, Woods wasn't), rather than just like every other keeper who receives the ball in a tight position. There was no option to play it long on occasion if the options weren't there, it was blindly following a mantra. However, I quite like Robson and I'm sure he'd change things up given time. I don't see him fixing our defensive issues in the short term though, so it'll likely need a couple of goals to win tonight.