Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Ryan Strachan

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1269472,00.html

Aberdeen Defender Ryan Strachan has been named Clydesdale Bank Premier League Under 19 Rising Star for February*.

Ryan, also comfortable in midfield, has been in excellent form, helping Aberdeen to February victories over Kilmarnock and Motherwell.Ryan rounded off his month with the man of the match award in the win over Motherwell.

Ryan, 17, was rewarded for his excellent season so far when he was named in the travelling party for Aberdeen's recent UEFA Cup tie against Bayern Munich.

On accepting his award Ryan commented:

"I'm pleased with my form at the moment and the team as a whole are playing well.It's always good to get noticed by your coaches at the club and across the league as a whole."

The Under19 Rising Star award is a monthly award voted for by the Under 19 coaches at each of the 12 Clydesdale Bank Premier League clubs.Coaches nominate a man of the match from the opposing team for all of their Under 19 League matches.At the end of each month, the player with the most nominations wins the Under 19 Rising Star award.

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/b6/fc/0,,10284~3603638,00.jpg[/img]

Seen him play once or twice and has been good in both matches, infact was 3rd best player in Friendly v Locos, good going forward and alright defending wise but will only get better in that department, he also has alot of pace from what i remember and will hopefully be one for the future.

Well done loon.

Seen him a few times and he looks a good prospect, and strangely for youngsters coming through our ranks, has a bit of built so might nae get blown away by a strong wind.

Very excited by the potential of the young guy Pawlett though, could be our next genuine skillful player coming through, ala Jess

Was thinking about this today, i am sure i have played against him at some stage (younger that is) canna mind much but my mate thinks he is rubbish but he canna be that bad if he has just won an award and plays for the dons.

Dave where do you work if you don't mind me asking?

• 1 month later...
The Under19 Rising Star award is a monthly award voted for by the Under 19 coaches at each of the 12 Clydesdale Bank Premier League clubs.Coaches nominate a man of the match from the opposing team for all of their Under 19 League matches.At the end of each month, the player with the most nominations wins the Under 19 Rising Star award.

It's only the coaches from OTHER teams that can see his potential, not ours.

Season 2007/08

August 2007

Manager: Walter Smith (Rangers)

Player: Carlos Cuellar (Rangers)

Young Player: Steven Fletcher (Hibernian)

Rising Star: Mark Staunton (Falkirk)

September 2007

Manager: John Collins (Hibernian)

Player: Scott McDonald (Celtic)

Young Player: Andrew Driver (Hearts)

Rising Star: Scott Anson (Kilmarnock)

October 2007

Manager: Craig Levein (Dundee United)

Player: Lee Wilkie (Dundee United)

Young Player: Ross McCormack (Motherwell)

Rising Star: Jack Wilson (Hibernian)

November 2007

Manager: Mark McGhee (Motherwell)

Player: Aiden McGeady (Celtic)

Young Player: Ross McCormack (Motherwell)

Rising Star: Liam Cusack (Gretna)

December 2007

Manager: Craig Brewster (Inverness CT)

Player: Marius Niculae (Inverness CT)

Young Player: Scott Arfield (Falkirk)

January 2008

Player: Barry Robson (Dundee United)

Young Player: Danny Grainger (Dundee United)

February 2008

Manager: Mixu Paatelainen (Hibernian)

Player: Aiden McGeady (Celtic)

Young Player: Steven Fletcher (Hibernian)

Rising Star: Ryan Strachan (Aberdeen)

March 2008

Player: Darren Barr (Falkirk)

Young Player:

Rising Star:

http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Awards/0,,10002,00.html

Seems to be a new award so no winners from previous seasons to see how they got on