Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Huns

Just back. We were decent tonight. Far better than them. Dominated them in midfield. Ferguson was excellent and Hedges movement was very good bit his final ball wasn't there (although they were very narrow, and nobody was really making the runs). From where I was, I wasn't convinced that the Hedges one was a pen, I thought he stuck his leg into the Hun, would like to see it again. Beyond that, Ramsay gets dragged way out of position, Kent puts in a good cross and defence and keeper are ball watching - really poor. Ramsay was poor in general and after he got booked, went missing. Ojo was honking and should have been hooked earlier. The game was crying out for McGinn rather than McLennan (or Jenks). We needed someone who can do something with the ball, and I don't believe he's lost that incisiveness. If we're not going to use him, then shift him on to Killie. Hayes was really good tonight, between him and Ferguson for motm. Good game, disappointing not to win. 

We're not going to be tanking teams this season, can see us winning by one on Saturday.

We looked decent from what I saw tonight. However, we are clearly lacking players. I'd still play Hedges but that still leaves two players missing. I think our back 4 is decent, centrally we seem to be getting better, plus Ferguson and Brown ahead of the defense is strong. When McKenzie is fit I'd like to see Jonny back to wide left, he still has it as we saw tonight. At the same time we are crying out for another winger. McLennan is piss and I've said that far too many times already, Kennedy isn't the answer, plus we're dying for a #10. I'd assuming we were hoping that McGrath was coming, still feel McGinn could give us something there short term until a summer signing.

Wrong thread, but is a loan move for Mikey Johnston out of the question? I know many of you don't like that type of thing. A cross between Christie and McGinn, could do a job.

Can we free up some wages and get rid of Russell?

Wtf do our strikers/players get taught?

If the goals were 20 feet in the air we would win the league!

Abysmal shooting from us EVERY game.

We were only ever going to score from a penalty or an O.G.

We played decent but we must work on striking a ball at the training sessions.

P.s. Kent is a dick, Wright is a dick, Hagi is a dick and Moreles is a total arsehole.

Watched the whole thing last night and listened to the pundits on both Sky and BBC and have to say, I must have been watching a different game to them.  I thought this was typical of our season so far.  We conceded the first goal again which I think they said was the 15th time this season and apart from the penalty, McGregor was untroubled the whole evening.  We could have played until Sunday and still not scored a goal, Ramirez was petty much unemployed.   

Yes, we dominated the ball in the second half, put in a good shift (which should surely be the minimum requirement in any game) but that is probably the poorest Rangers have played against us since they came back up.  Having watched the penalty claim about a hundred times I still don't know if you can actually see McGregor making contact with Hedges.  First time I saw it at full speed it looked like McGregor total cleaned him out but watching it back I'm not convinced at all.  The penalty we did get was very debateable, can't see why anyone can claim that Morelos actually played the ball, the ball just hit him. but some you get, some you don't and we'll certainly take that one.

The referee was terrible, how he felt the need to dish out so many cards in a game with hardly a tackle in it is mind blowing.  The play acting from both sets of players last night was embarrassing.  Guys going down all over the place after hardly being touched, don't know why this has crept into our game. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Watched the whole thing last night and listened to the pundits on both Sky and BBC and have to say, I must have been watching a different game to them.  I thought this was typical of our season so far.  We conceded the first goal again which I think they said was the 15th time this season and apart from the penalty, McGregor was untroubled the whole evening.  We could have played until Sunday and still not scored a goal, Ramirez was petty much unemployed.   

Yes, we dominated the ball in the second half, put in a good shift (which should surely be the minimum requirement in any game) but that is probably the poorest Rangers have played against us since they came back up.  Having watched the penalty claim about a hundred times I still don't know if you can actually see McGregor making contact with Hedges.  First time I saw it at full speed it looked like McGregor total cleaned him out but watching it back I'm not convinced at all.  The penalty we did get was very debateable, can't see why anyone can claim that Morelos actually played the ball, the ball just hit him. but some you get, some you don't and we'll certainly take that one.

The referee was terrible, how he felt the need to dish out so many cards in a game with hardly a tackle in it is mind blowing.  The play acting from both sets of players last night was embarrassing.  Guys going down all over the place after hardly being touched, don't know why this has crept into our game. 

Agree with a lot of that. I think the Morelos pen just crosses the border into his hand being out, and with the new rules most definitely a pen. He didn't complain at all. Having seen the McGregor incident back, he definitely makes contact with Hedges and deliberately so (because everything McGregor does is deliberate). I can also see, in real time, why the ref might not have thought it was a foul, so I don't think it's the worst decision. The cards were a joke. The first couple of Hun bookings, Hayes' and Ramsay's were completely avoidable (although he seemed to suggest Ramsay's was for multiple infringements, which I must have missed). I think you're being slightly harsh on the dons overall though. We kept a good team very quiet and dominated possession. We could have created more, but they're strong defensively too, it wasn't like we were playing Dundee. Hopefully see a few out and a couple in over the next fortnight.

If it doesn’t hit his hand, it’s a shot on target. It’s a penalty all day long.

Kent’s first yellow is not up for debate. It was a yellow-ish challenge in the first place then he pushes Hayes right in front of the ref.

The 2nd yellow, probably not so much, the reaction from Brown made it look worse than it was. But that was after McCrorie got booked for a challenge on Morelos where if Morelos had rolled any further they’d be calling out the RNLI to pull him out of the North Sea. So fuck him/them.

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I think you're being slightly harsh on the dons overall though. We kept a good team very quiet and dominated possession. We could have created more, but they're strong defensively too, it wasn't like we were playing Dundee. Hopefully see a few out and a couple in over the next fortnight.

Fair point Rico.  It was fine to see us actually compete with them and not be hanging on for a change.  We look like a blunt knife going forward though, just not making goalies have to make saves too many times this season.  Plenty of "attempts" if you like, which Dave will be noting in his data book but lacking the killer instinct.

16 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Fair point Rico.  It was fine to see us actually compete with them and not be hanging on for a change.  We look like a blunt knife going forward though, just not making goalies have to make saves too many times this season.  Plenty of "attempts" if you like, which Dave will be noting in his data book but lacking the killer instinct.

Yep, as I said earlier in the thread, I could well see us beating Edinburgh 1-0 at the weekend, with 96% possession. Worryingly, we're creating half chances most of the time, very few chances in the last 5 or 6 games you'd class as sitters. We're not even getting to that stage.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sancho_panza said:

It was a clear foul, Hedges knocked the ball away, McGregor made contact with him and wiped him out, I don't even see why there was a debate about it. With that said we had plenty of time to get organised after the incident and the way we let them waltz up the park and score was abysmal.

McCrorie's fault.

He was stupidly too busy waving to defenders to mark up and took his eye off Hagi whom he was marking, who then ran past him into the gap and scored.

Shockingly bad defending.

1 hour ago, HaarDon said:

McCrorie's fault.

He was stupidly too busy waving to defenders to mark up and took his eye off Hagi whom he was marking, who then ran past him into the gap and scored.

Shockingly bad defending.

Agreed. He's not in the defensive line, so plays everyone onside. He's too close to the keeper, making it difficult for Lewis know whether to come for it or if McRorie is dealing with it. I mean, Ramsay got dragged way in , and it left acres of space for Kent to put in a very good cross, but it's McRorie's unsettling, panicky movement that really confuses things. Joe will feel he could have done better, but a jittery defender in front of you is very off putting. 

I'm still to be convinced by McRorie like. That type of error happens to often. He just lacks the composure of a good defender, and seems to have real basic positional issues. On the plus side, Bates is getting better every week.

Huns eh :wanker:

Just when you think they can't possibly become even  more repulsive they always manage to ramp it up a bit 

Letter submitted to SFA complaining about how hard done by they were on Tuesday by Clancey.

Wonder if the non award of the penalty early doors, the non showing of the Sex Pest a red card  the antics of the odd looking fucker rolling about as if he has had his knee caps shot actually feature in there.

Nah, thought not

Self entitled arrogant bigoted pricks.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BigAl said:

Just when you think they can't possibly become even  more repulsive they always manage to ramp it up a bit 

Letter submitted to SFA complaining about how hard done by they were on Tuesday by Clancey.

Wonder if the non award of the penalty early doors, the non showing of the Sex Pest a red card  the antics of the odd looking fucker rolling about as if he has had his knee caps shot actually feature in there.

Nah, thought not

You mean Macgregor?  In fairness I wouldn't say it was a clear goal scoring opportunity for Hedges. Defo a pen but the actual challenge itself you could argue isn't even a yellow.  I wouldn't personally, that hun cunt is very canny and I think he knew what he was doing but even then I still don't think it's a red. 

Edited by tlg1903

On 21/01/2022 at 17:10, BigAl said:

Nah, thought not

2021 Paul McGinn, Hibs: "The referee was inept."   SFA: "2 match suspension!"

2021 John Hughes, Ross County: "Small teams get nothing.".  SFA: "4 match suspension!"

2022 Sevco: "Your referee cost us the game". SFA: "we're very sorry, let's talk..."

On 18/01/2022 at 22:57, LA-Don said:

Wrong thread, but is a loan move for Mikey Johnston out of the question? I know many of you don't like that type of thing. A cross between Christie and McGinn, could do a job.

Hi mate, can you wish for me to date Kendall Jenner? Even just for six months? Cheers pal.

Dons consider move for Mikey Johnston

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/mikey-johnston-potential-celtic-transfer-26028078.amp

4 hours ago, Panda said:

Hi mate, can you wish for me to date Kendall Jenner? Even just for six months? Cheers pal.

Dons consider move for Mikey Johnston

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/mikey-johnston-potential-celtic-transfer-26028078.amp

What’s funny is I actually know the family, taught Robert Kardashian back in the day. Really nice guy, and actually very nice family. So, your request isn’t totally out of the question!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

What’s funny is I actually know the family, taught Robert Kardashian back in the day. Really nice guy, and actually very nice family. So, your request isn’t totally out of the question!

So we're signing Mikey Johnston & Kendall Jenner is coming to the St Mirren game with me tomorrow night?

Not a bad start to the week.