Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Huns

First game after the winter break, been eagerly anticipating this one and has added spice given fans are back for it. Hard to judge how form will be after the break, they seem to have had a relatively smooth transition to Gio as manager but they weren’t the finished article. Hopefully our good form ahead of the break continues and any additions to the squad add some positive competition. We have an almost full squad to choose from so it’ll be interesting to see what, if any, changes Glass makes. Especially given the run of form pre break. Things were starting to look a bit more cohesive , especially at the back. 

think we might sneak a draw here, hopefully a packed out Pittodrie really galvanises the team and puts the shitters up the orcs. Need to try and keep my calendar clear so I can listen to it at work.

out

home

work

work

1-1, Ferguson 

Looks like no new players in in time for this one. I was not impressed by team performance against Hibs or Dundee. Thought we created very little in either game. Was hoping we might get in some creative players before this game. 

oot

work

tv

flat

0-2 no Dons scorer

Fuck knows what will happen with this one. I'm still not sure how good a team we are in comparison with everyone else in the league (nor the huns for that matter). It's been a strange season. I couldn't even tell you our best side. With Watkins missing, not sure who naturally slots in there (Jet too much of a liability against a decent team?). Is Considine back? Maybe a back three if so, which might afford us a Jet in the forward area. Fuck knows. I was really looking forward to fitba over the Christmas period, but since it was cancelled I don't have the same appetite for this particular fixture (I'll still go like!) at this time. Anyway, 3-0 the dons, Ferguson, McGinn and Considine.

6 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Fuck knows what will happen with this one. I'm still not sure how good a team we are in comparison with everyone else in the league (nor the huns for that matter). It's been a strange season. I couldn't even tell you our best side. With Watkins missing, not sure who naturally slots in there (Jet too much of a liability against a decent team?). Is Considine back? Maybe a back three if so, which might afford us a Jet in the forward area. Fuck knows. I was really looking forward to fitba over the Christmas period, but since it was cancelled I don't have the same appetite for this particular fixture (I'll still go like!) at this time. Anyway, 3-0 the dons, Ferguson, McGinn and Considine.

Keep forgetting about Watkins.  Has official comms come out from the club on his injury?  Would seem like we need a new striker to link up with Ramirez this window as I agree, JET isn't that player.  He has his role but not sure it would be what Watkins offers.

I mean, he's not really any worse than McLennan. Had a spell of 4-5 games at right wing back where he was okay. He really struggled under McInnes, like a lot of wide players did. He kept switching them about every ten minutes not giving them a chance to settle into one role. If Glass keeps his instructions simple, he could do alright. He's quite a fit lad, like Hayes in many respects, just needs to be less of a fanny.

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I mean, he's not really any worse than McLennan. Had a spell of 4-5 games at right wing back where he was okay. He really struggled under McInnes, like a lot of wide players did. He kept switching them about every ten minutes not giving them a chance to settle into one role. If Glass keeps his instructions simple, he could do alright. He's quite a fit lad, like Hayes in many respects, just needs to be less of a fanny.

I'm sure I'd read / heard somewhere that he hadn't actually been fit during any of the time he'd been with us (including signing).  If that's the case, i really hope that he takes the opportunity, would be good to see why he's an internationalist!

Fitness wise might mean he's lost a few pounds as opposed to carrying injury,looked a bit chunky.Hopefully ready to come flying out the traps this time round.

Re the game,cant see us having enough to turn them over,Watkins a sore miss

In or Oot - Oot(working)

Prediction - 2 - 2 probably optimistic. (Hedges,Hayes)

So far against this one team they’ve had a goal scored from a FK that should not have been given, another from a penalty that shouldn’t have been given and another from a counter that should not have happened due to us not being given a penalty that should have been given. 

Aye,from the bits I saw,deserved to win,whilst not being brilliant..Agree re Hedges,very frustrating,along with McLennan.Jonny ranged from amazing going forward to terrifying at the back.

If we can compete like that then surely a few solid sales and signings will push us on a bit.

Just needed a bit of composure. The opposite of McLennan basically. If JET and McGinn can’t be trusted we may as well just replace them both in January.

That free kick late on was criminal. Kent had been sent off and Barisic was off cleaning up his bloody nose and we still conspired to send the ball right into the middle of a cluster of 3 Hun defenders with no red shirt anywhere near. 

Still, to be so solid at the back with Hayes at right back and Campbell at left back was pleasing. Doesn’t bode well for Gallagher’s future either but correct decision not to disrupt McCrorie and Bates’ partnership.

• Like 1