Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Dundee

Well, Wednesday was shite and really fucks things up for us. The only positive being that if we do somehow manage to beat the dees, arabs and hivs are playing each other, so we have a chance to leap frog one if not both. Personally, I think where we are is about right. We’re not good enough to be top six, but probably better than those below us.

good to see Ramsay come on against hivs, although from what I read, it was the wrong call. Be interesting to see what glass does this time around.

Dee’s have had a series of defeats, albeit a few of them were by one goal. Not going to be straight forward although I’d like to think we’ll avoid the earlier embarrassment.

Out

bed

bed

bed

2-1 Dons, Ramirez and hedges

I expect to be one of the lucky 500, so looking forward to it. Love a boxing day game. Especially when you can comfortably lounge across three seats. 

Think Glass probably got the subs wrong against Hibs, but it does highlight the problem of that central position. I don't get what is so good about Ojo that he couldn't have made way for either Jet or Jenks. Instead we shoe horned him into a midfield role that he wasn't suited to. Campbell was decent alongside Ferguson and added a balance that was confused by the half time change, so I'd stick with him assuming Brown is still out. Jet or Jenks, not fussed. Ramsay in for Ojo.

7 hours ago, manc_don said:

Personally, I think where we are is about right. We’re not good enough to be top six, but probably better than those below us.

I disagree. That suggests we're only good enough to beat the bottom six and not the top six - that's not really true based on results.

We have 24 points; 11 of them from the top six and 13 from the bottom six. Likewise, 15 at home, 9 away. There seems to be no correlation in our results or performances. Sometimes we turn up and look pretty good, sometimes we don't, sometimes we look like we've turned up but the defence hasn't. There's every chance we could splatter Dundee 3 or 4 nil, or lose 2-0.

I don't think we're any worse than Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United or Motherwell. I certainly didn't think last night we were outclassed at any point and I don't we've ever really looked second best, even in defeats, to anyone above us bar Celtic. 

It's just a strange season really. We're in an Aberdeen bubble but take yourself out of it and swap with any other team and we'd still have plenty to moan about. I've seen almost as much as Hearts this season as I've seen of Aberdeen (and I'll be watching their game again on Sunday) and they're no better than us - if it wasn't for Craig Gordon's heroics against Livingston, St Mirren, Rangers & Hibs, that's four games I can think of where he's probably stopped them dropping at least six points. 

And take away Motherwell's two wins versus us, where they didn't play well in either of them, where would they be?

It's just a strange season. At the moment I'd give us the same odds for seventh as I would third.

• Like 1

Need to find a creative spark from somewhere as expect Dundee to sit in as tightly as Hibs did on Tuesday. Looked on Tuesday that Muir was on to our NFL style blocking at set pieces so maybe not going to be as successful from set pieces going forward. Would stick with Ferguson and Campbell in the middle but would drop Emmanuel Thomas as he just slows the play down too much. Not been impressed by Jenks but we did move the ball quicker when he came on. As this last game before shut down would risk starting Ramsey over Ojo. My Dundee supporting brother and nephew both assure me that they are shite snd it would be embarrassing if we didn’t win this. They said that that last time as well.

oot

Walk to beach and back

stream if I can find one. 

flat

2-0 Ramirez and Hedges

44 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Goal feast incoming.

Dons 5 - Dees 1 Ramirez x3,Hedges,Ramsay.  COYR

Or alternatively and unfortunately probably more likely a 0-1 with us having 90% possession, 18 corners, 32 attempts at goal and Dundee's three goalkeepers on the park at the same time keeping their goal intact.