Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tractor saints vs Dons

Great result in a really stuffy game in difficult conditions. Good finish by Jenks, a modern day handball but he didn't know much about it. Ramirez barely touched the ball but if that outrageous shot had gone in it would have been goal of the season. Defence were decent and Ferguson and Brown good in midfield too. It just took that bit of niggly bite to build up in the game for us to wake up and win it. Good stuff.

• Like 2

To be honest where we currently find ourselves, Entertainment goes out the window.

Points are all that matters as we continue to climb the league

The entertainment factor can come as and when we build upon and maintain the win ratio

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Saints were as stuffy as expected.  We deserved the win but under current rules I'm glad we don't have var yet cos that was getting ruled out for handball. 

Not to mention we could have conceded a penalty given the way they were throwing themselves to the ground in the 18 yard box 😉  

3 Wins on the bounce and all of a sudden we are in a much better position in the League, a point off 4th I believe? 

For what it's worth, I thought we absolutely deserved 3 points today, they offered the square root of fuck all for the most, slightly more adventurous 2nd Half, but on the whole, they were limp and inept. Us on the other hand, barring some poor decision making again in the final 3rd, could have scored a couple more comfortably. How Shaun Rooney is a Professional Football Player, I'll never know, guy is literally a poundland version of Ross Tokely. Big JET, some turnaround from him, if that fella upped his work rate by about 20%, he would have been at a higher level more consistently throughout his career, just not his style though, and when he's on that sort of form, then who gives a fuck? I think he's a key part of the 11 as it stands. A game Marely Watkins will want to forget in a hurry, such a talented boy, just wasn't his day. 

Anyway, things hopefully turned for us now, get this consistency going and claw back Hearts, it's not unachievable. 

4 hours ago, KennyFuckinPowers said:

3 Wins on the bounce and all of a sudden we are in a much better position in the League, a point off 4th I believe? 

For what it's worth, I thought we absolutely deserved 3 points today, they offered the square root of fuck all for the most, slightly more adventurous 2nd Half, but on the whole, they were limp and inept. Us on the other hand, barring some poor decision making again in the final 3rd, could have scored a couple more comfortably. How Shaun Rooney is a Professional Football Player, I'll never know, guy is literally a poundland version of Ross Tokely. Big JET, some turnaround from him, if that fella upped his work rate by about 20%, he would have been at a higher level more consistently throughout his career, just not his style though, and when he's on that sort of form, then who gives a fuck? I think he's a key part of the 11 as it stands. A game Marely Watkins will want to forget in a hurry, such a talented boy, just wasn't his day. 

Anyway, things hopefully turned for us now, get this consistency going and claw back Hearts, it's not unachievable. 

Watkins is a bit hit or miss, when he's on his game he is very hard to play against but when a team has his number he's not able to adapt.  

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Nah, definitely not. Going by the old, proper, handball rules it was completely fine. The new, shite, rules mean it is a foul.

The new rules are complete nonsense - e.g. if Jenks had hit his shot off the post and someone else had put it in then it wouldn't have been a handball but because he scored immediately after the ball hit his arm then technically it is a handball under the rules.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

So what if you get a free kick and the ball skiffs off one of your player's arms while they are standing in the wall (even while his arms are tucked In?)

Do the new rules allow a goal?

It would be disallowed, because attacking players aren't allowed in the wall.

Think we were a bit fortuitous today but its always a slog against them. Probably just starts to make up for the times we have been unlucky this season. 

With results going for us again today I would say 3rd place is there for the taking. I'm not going to get ahead of myself and say I'm confident we will do it, but I am starting to feel a bit more optimistic. None of the other teams in the league are particularly good Hearts somehow went about 10 games unbeaten but are now only 6 points ahead of us. But even if our form is a bit patchy throughout the season it still looks like we still might have enough to achieve a spot in europe which would be a good result for the first season under new management.