Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs saints

Jet is a luxury item. He certainly draws attention and creates space for others. Did some nice stuff from what I saw but certainly can be frustrating too. As I said during the week, if we have workers alongside that compensate for him we’re fine, but he’s not the most active off the ball. If we’re in a relegation scrap I don’t think we can afford to play him. Today, like livi, he’s fine.

Just back,great game.Traffic was horrendous,so missed the first goal,and just getting to my seat for the second

We were good,but St M were never out of it til the fourth goal.They were good on the eye.

Some of our link up play in and around the box was very good.worked hard as a side throughout. McRorie and Bates good again.If time is all theyve needed to settle in,then hopefully we'll see Gallacher come good. Thought Jet did some great stuff today too,just a case of using him in the right type of game.

Happier days

Edited by Elgindon

That was unexpected. A great performance and a great game in the conditions. Hedges at his very best today and the rest not far behind. Pace on the attack and clinical finishing. Jet was great and Jenks came on and did well too. Probably the best performance at pittodrie this season, discounting the European games.

Possibly a coincidence but we looked good going forward in the European games, then had a spell of being inconsistent at best once the league started. We’ve now beat teams we should be beating in the last two games.

Who started the season playing behind Ramirez but has been left out for a long spell before coming back into the team this week I wonder?!

Edited by wee toon red

2 hours ago, wee toon red said:

Possibly a coincidence but we looked good going forward in the European games, then had a spell of being inconsistent at best once the league started. We’ve now beat teams we should be beating in the last two games.

Who started the season playing behind Ramirez but has been left out for a long spell before coming back into the team this week I wonder?!

I mentioned on Wednesday that Jet allowed us to play a much better style against the poorer opponent. His movement was good again today, occupying the space behind Ramirez, although he did have to use his head a lot more than on Wednesday. It draws a player out, and we're effectively playing four up front. He actually got back and helped out very well today too, but it was also easy to exploit hence the introduction of Jenks. It's risky, but entertaining. He's an enigma though, next week he'll be pish.

• Like 1