Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Hearts

Feels like this will be a true litmus test to see if this team are going to build something.  Wednesday was definitely a bonus (didn't see that coming at all) and hopefully the team (management included) will take a lot of heart from that. Likewise the fans.

Hearts seem to have stuttered a wee bit. Three draws in their last three games although they haven't lost in some time. So a draw might seem a likely result.

Not sure how we stack up injury wise?  I'm hoping Ramirez was precautionary rather than a proper injury. He's consistently scoring now so would be a huge loss now our players are actually finding him.  Also, I think i'd like to see us stick with Brown at the back, it worked well and means McGeouch can finally get a look in.

Out
Bed
Bed
Bed
2-1, think we might nick this one. Ramirez (fingers crossed) and Ferguson.

Injuries likely to stack up if its a typical Hearts line up though i havent seen much of them this season.Can Jonny or Deano play R/b? If so,I'd have one of them at R/b the other at left,mainly to get Ojo out the side and get Watkins back in.Keep Brown at the back,and McGeouch and Fergie in front. Same intensity/tempo as last night

In or oot - Oot unfortunately

Pre/post - Walking trip arranged moths ago

Prediction   2 - 2 Ramirez,Hedges

Can’t see us not having to make changes as Ramirez did not look happy coming off and was holding groin like it was causing him pain. If he is not fit Watkins should take his place. Would also be trying to get Ojo out of the team as he was hopless on Wednesday although not sure how we do that. 

Hearts been struggling to win games of late so might be ideal time to play them.

oot

Train South then beers

Rotherham United v Sunderland 

Train back to Capital

1-1 Hedges. 

Having a look at that Hearts line up, it looks very defensive. Billy McKay & Ben Woodburn, two attacking & creative players, put on the bench. Looks like five defenders named too. Hearts very much preparing for a defensive slog.

Bit of a cliche, but first goal today massive. They get it they'll frustrate the hell out of us. We get it they'll need to make changes.

CBB6DDF6-1F05-413A-8F2B-150315A8D140.jpeg

CFF1AE8B-836C-4A31-8998-99714307FFDD.jpeg

Miles ahead of them today. Long ball merchants were easily dealt with.

Loving the fight in the team lately. Standing up to everyone, confrontational. I said it with Gallagher the other week. We don't get intimidated now. Even Joe chipping in with the half Nelson today. Teams wont expect to bully us any more.

Some of that football at the start of the second half was a joy to watch.

That's three games in a row where three sides at the top end of the table haven't actually created a lot against us. Of the three goals conceded, all have been set pieces with two of them penalties (though, to be fair, Ginnelly probably does score if Lewis doesn't foul him).

Solid at the back and playing some nice stuff going forward. The scoreline makes it seem tight but really 3-1 or 4-1 would have been a fairer reflection of the game, dominated it. That's five times I've watched Hearts this season, they've been bang average in all of them. That six point gap between us and them can definitely be cut.

Brown superb again. Really happy to see McGeouch & Campbell coming in and adding to the team, both terrific passers of the ball and with the pace we now have in Watkins, Hedges & Hayes we can really stretch teams.

Currently going through my what's apps and giving it tight to everyone who wanted Glass out two weeks ago...

That was an enjoyable afternoon. A good all round performance again and a deserved victory. We were good in the first half, but playing within ourselves and unlucky to go a goal down. Brilliant switch at half time from Glass, moving the outstanding Brown into midfield, allowing Ferguson to move around a bit (which he did very well). The defence seemed to carry the confidence in playing the back 3/5 into the four in the second, with few slip ups. The midfield were excellent and the front three chased everything. Ojo was cautious at right back, which served him well. I'd like to see more from Campbell, but he did well enough. 

Great to see that utter Hun mink losing it towards the end. Nowhere near good enough for the spfl and embarrassing that hearts still have the guy in their squad. Although it would be nice if some of the pundits told it like it was and called it him out for his constant thuggery. I remember pundits actually calling Goodwin out, and halliday is significantly worse.

Edited by RicoS321

These last 3 games have for the most been very encouraging. Today, 2nd Half, was very good. 

Particularly pleased with McCrorie, Brown, McGeouch, Watkins and Ramirez. I was very underwhelmed with Scott Brown, as I alluded too in one of my after match rants weeks ago, but he's really influencing games now and I hope it continues. Watkins will be a real asset once fully fit, McGeouch has always had the ability and should be starting for me, said that previously, Ramirez is involving himself more and dropping deeper, as opposed to spending a lot of energy chasing shadows and McCrorie is a Central Midfielder playing at the left side of a back 3 in Defense, he deserves a lot of credit. 

I'm still concerned with Joe Lewis, he's not far away from being back to a reliable GK, but still has the odd moment, but not to the extent he was at the start of the Season, so hopefully that changes and he gets back to what we know he was. And I might come in for stick here, but Lewis Ferguson, his goal aside, was poor today, and has been for some time now, I think once we get bodies back and can shuffle Players back into their positions, McGeouch should replace Ferguson in the 11, I simply don't rate the boy and never have, he has shown brief glimpses of potential, but he's nowhere near consistent enough. Wouldn't mind seeing a bit more decisiveness from Hedges either, he's getting into the right positions but has made some proper poor decisions of late, hoping he's still getting back to full fitness and it'll come with that. 

I was convinced weeks ago that Glass was out of his depth in all honesty, but said there on Social Media that I've seen enough in this last 3 games from the Players to suggest that they are very much buying into what the Management are trying to do, will pipe down on my criticism of him til the end of the Season now, will be interesting to see how we fare with a completely fully fit squad of Players to choose from. P.S Fuck Hearts & especially Fuck Andy Halliday. 

• Like 3

On Ferguson, I agree I don't think he was great. The chance he had at the start of the second half where he pretty much passed the ball to the keeper, then another one when we had Hearts stretched, loads of options, and he tries to take on two players and loses it. He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Always wants to win the game himself rather than pass it.

But...what he does have is heading ability. He scores a good goal, was unlucky with another header, scored a few weeks ago against Celtic in the air. You take him out of the team and you lose that. Only other player in midfield who might have that would be Jenks who is quite tall, but don't think he's done enough to justify starting games and not actually seen him win a header either.

Edited by Panda

Chuffed for Glass that he got these last few results,(should have been 9).I was happy to give him til the end of the season but after the last defeat,thought he was a dead man walking.This should buy him til the end of the season,though it looks like we could be in for a bumpy ride.Lets see if we learn how to deal with the St Mirrens of the world. COYR

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Panda said:

On Ferguson, I agree I don't think he was great. The chance he had at the start of the second half where he pretty much passed the ball to the keeper, then another one when we had Hearts stretched, loads of options, and he tries to take on two players and loses it. He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Always wants to win the game himself rather than pass it.

But...what he does have is heading ability. He scores a good goal, was unlucky with another header, scored a few weeks ago against Celtic in the air. You take him out of the team and you lose that. Only other player in midfield who might have that would be Jenks who is quite tall, but don't think he's done enough to justify starting games and not actually seen him win a header either.

I disagree with you both, Ferguson was really good today. Not as good as Brown, but good. He had two great passes to setup both Watkins and Hedges and his movement was excellent throughout (which wouldn't have been that obvious if you weren't there I expect), making space for others as well as taking up good position. He was also easily a physical match for their midfield.

• Like 1