Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs tractor saints

Ramirez seems to be Darren Mackie after finding a magic lamp and using the three wishes to be athletic, handsome and Hispanic rather than use any of them on being better at football. Only ever looks like scoring tap ins but has around a 25% success rate at them. A peak Adam Rooney would be in double figures already. 

Edited by Slim

1 hour ago, Slim said:

Ramirez seems to be Darren Mackie after finding a magic lamp and using the three wishes to be athletic, handsome and Hispanic rather than use any of them on being better at football. Only ever looks like scoring tap ins but has around a 25% success rate at them. A peak Adam Rooney would be in double figures already. 

Rooney missed his fair share of chances, but he got into great positions so regularly in games that he always made up for his misses in short order. He used his body better, had a better touch and may actually be quicker than Ramirez. Ramirez actually looks like the Rooney that left us rather than the one that joined. I'm not sure he's going to be good enough. If he doesn't make it, then we're looking at another window of failure in recruitment. A little too early to say of course, but current projections are that Bates is going to be good, Brown too, with the rest not really cutting it. It was really unacceptable not to have a recruitment head sorted before Glass arrived.

One thing that confused me was that we were about to bring on Campbell (I think) for Ojo but at the last moment, cancelled the substitution because Bates picked up a knock and he got replaced by Gallagher instead. We're still allowed to make 5 subs aren't we? I couldn't figure out why replacing Bates with Gallagher meant the plan to replace Ojo with Campbell had to be shelved.

26 minutes ago, Slim said:

One thing that confused me was that we were about to bring on Campbell (I think) for Ojo but at the last moment, cancelled the substitution because Bates picked up a knock and he got replaced by Gallagher instead. We're still allowed to make 5 subs aren't we? I couldn't figure out why replacing Bates with Gallagher meant the plan to replace Ojo with Campbell had to be shelved.

Slim, it was Jenks coming on for Ojo.

The clubs voted to revert back to three substitutions this season though. 

2 hours ago, manc_don said:

Take no joy in predicting that loss, but we’re far too predictable at the moment. Early days I know but it’s hard to see how glass turns this around. I don’t think it sounds like he has a clue. It’s going to be a long year. 

The only arguments you could make in favour of Glass (he's just been appointed, give him time, etc.) would apply equally to a traffic cone in a bowler hat.

I can't see any actual reason to think he's going to be a success. He has no track record, he was hired because he's mates with the chairman, he doesn't sound convincing when he speaks to the media, his signings don't look up to much, the results have been poor overall and the performances seem to be getting worse rather than better.

Anything is possible, maybe he'll turn it around somehow (see the traffic cone again) but I'd be putting money on him being sacked and Brown taking over before the end of the season.

2 hours ago, manc_don said:

Take no joy in predicting that loss, but we’re far too predictable at the moment. Early days I know but it’s hard to see how glass turns this around. I don’t think it sounds like he has a clue. It’s going to be a long year. 

I disagree with you there.

Aberdeen did - from a very low mark mind you - improve as the game went on in terms of creating chances. Glass surely takes credit for recognising what needed changed and a lot of the times his subs do work.

Hayes coming on for Samuels meant a lot more crosses were being put into the box. 

McGinn replacing Jet gave us more movement in the final third when we had been far too static.

His third sub was an enforced one, and as pointed out above he was planning to switch on Jenks for Ojo, which I presume was to give us more height in the box.

Last weekend against Motherwell the two big factors that let us down were Gallagher's defending and Watkins missing chances. Both were dropped this week. 

There's still things we can still pick at but "he doesn't appear to have a clue" just isn't true at all. He is seeing what we're seeing, he is making changes, he is trying things.

On a side not, someone said to me today "to be fair to McInnes, he wouldn't have lost this game". Just two days short of a year ago we got scudded 3-0 at home to Motherwell. 

I am, perhaps naively, still optimistic.

I think with Bates the defence looked more settled.

Just need to sort the midfield next. What I think we really missed today was someone in the middle able to pick a pass. Brown was too deep (he had to be to protect the defence) and in my previous post I pointed out Ferguson, Ojo & Jet were just all over the place.

McGeouch (is he injured, wasn't in squad) and Campbell are two players who can provide that. I'd be looking to start at least one of them next week.

What a shite result to wake up to.

Don't think Glass was correct manager for us and some of his ambitions he had seem to be just hopeful mumbles to appease the fans.

I felt some of his signings had a McInnes 'well, he's available let's grab him quick' feel about them.Most signings maybe are like that unless you are a super rich club.

But going for players with no record of achievement is always a gamble and they are more apparent every week.

He's not going to turn this team around I'm afraid.

It's like going to the driving range with someone who has a really nice set of clubs whereas you have a few sticks you grabbed quickly in a forest 😅

Very disappointed.

4 hours ago, Slim said:

😅😅😅

There's a 4th wish but that's more for the ladies than football fans.

I watched the game from the comfort of my living room with a rather large glass of wine and it's just not enjoyable knowing the moves are gonna break down every time - Ramirez just looked pish, I thought Feguson was trying too hard with no finesse, we were slightly better with the introduction of Hayes & McGinn but hard to see where the goals and points are coming from. 

You also just knew May would score against us!!!

At this moment I'm not optimistic that we are ever gonna look like a team that has a clue - I was a bit meh about Glass being appointed and the football we are playing is not giving me the slightest inclination to actually go to a game!! 

• Like 2