Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs tractor saints

Really need to start clicking and scoring goals. No win in 6 matches is frankly unacceptable, especially given some of the opposition we’ve played. Still, I’m going to cling to Pandas observations that there are signs things are coming together and it just needs a good result to bring it all to the fore.

saints have played well this season so far, despite not winning so far. Most of their games have been pretty tight so given our inability to shoot anywhere but at the keeper, I think we’ll struggle. Defensively? Another few days for bates to get settled, whether it’s Gallagher or McCrorie that partners him; I’m not sure. Neither overly excite me. But maybe bates is the man to get the best out of the former? Hopefully hedges can make a cameo, it may make all the difference.

out

bed

bed

bed

1-0 saints, no dons scorer

This has tense 1-0 shit fest written all over it.  Not sure what I would do with the defence to be honest but I would like to see JET start as he seems to be the only player we have that can split a defence with a pass.

Out

Red tv

Fuck knows what after

1-0 shit fest no idea who to though. 

Start JET always and we'll win always - luxury player my buns of steel

Give the terrific bastard enough time to create a fil-o-fax of invention with everyones favourite hero Ramirez, and we'll be adding an extra cabinet to the trophy room

'Use the squad, use the squad' - fuck that

Nobody on the bench gets a shot until someone properly fucks up - that way the lazy squad pricks will know they cannae fud about; none of them are nervous enough about being frozen out I reckon. Assumptive wee arseholes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dad said:

Start JET always and we'll win always - luxury player my buns of steel

Give the terrific bastard enough time to create a fil-o-fax of invention with everyones favourite hero Ramirez, and we'll be adding an extra cabinet to the trophy room

'Use the squad, use the squad' - fuck that

Nobody on the bench gets a shot until someone properly fucks up - that way the lazy squad pricks will know they cannae fud about; none of them are nervous enough about being frozen out I reckon. Assumptive wee arseholes.

A bit of fear of god never does anyone any harm. Agree wholeheartedly with what you’ve said here. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, manc_don said:

A bit of fear of god never does anyone any harm. Agree wholeheartedly with what you’ve said here. 

Thats it son - I fear maybes Glass, Russ & Hen are taking the route of being buddies with the players - sitting down and talking about feelings etc. No issues there - I only wish someone sat and had a good talk with me when I needed it (different days way back then tbf) - but a finely tuned combo of cold & harsh mixed with touchy & feely is yet to be properly established it appears....the players need to learn in no uncertain terms - play pish and you'll be lashed with our collective tongues; this isnae a fucking lark - its serious fucking stuff.

I've left Brownzo out owing to a personal belief hes a smidge more to the point - and if so, listen to him more other management team folk - but for sure, if he's speaking softly to them and hugging them too much, then I'd be asking him to reassess too. 

Oo err missus^^^   

Hoping for Glass' sake he starts getting a turn in fortune soon.Think he'll become a good manager eventually,but it may be he'll end up biting off more than he can chew with us. Hope not though.Into these farmers,theyre overdue a good thrashing....

Dons 3 - St J 1   Jet,Longstaff,Ramirez

I've a rare Saturday off so heading up to this. 

After this we've St Mirren away (not a happy hunting ground for us recently), Rangers away and Celtic at home, so we could really do with a win in this one to a) set us up for those ones and b) avoid another Saturday of getting booed off. Plus, you know, winning is pretty nice.

I presume Hedges still out. Hope Bates starts. Glass made a pointed message last week about those who aren't taking their chances have got to realise there's others waiting, so I wonder if Ramirez may find himself on the bench. Watkins too though maybe harsh as he's not played much.

9 hours ago, Panda said:

I've a rare Saturday off so heading up to this. 

After this we've St Mirren away (not a happy hunting ground for us recently), Rangers away and Celtic at home, so we could really do with a win in this one to a) set us up for those ones and b) avoid another Saturday of getting booed off. Plus, you know, winning is pretty nice.

I presume Hedges still out. Hope Bates starts. Glass made a pointed message last week about those who aren't taking their chances have got to realise there's others waiting, so I wonder if Ramirez may find himself on the bench. Watkins too though maybe harsh as he's not played much.

Hold on, what the fuck am I on about? Rangers is October 27, not September 27.

Literally have no idea how we will line up for this one and on that basis really haven't got a scooby about likely result.

Heart says we'll win comfortably but I suspect any win we get will be a hard slog against a dogged Saints team.

Out

Driving Range

Red TV

Nae idea

1-0 ( Ferguson, pen)

25 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Literally have no idea how we will line up for this one and on that basis really haven't got a scooby about likely result.

Heart says we'll win comfortably but I suspect any win we get will be a hard slog against a dogged Saints team.

Out

Driving Range

Red TV

Nae idea

1-0 ( Ferguson, pen)

The fermers are never an easy game.  I'll take any kind of win

No idea how we will line up this week but surely we cannot go with the same midfield as last week. Without Hedges I cannot see where we create chances for the forwards. No idea how Fermers will line up with all their last minute loans on deadline day but from what I saw of their game against the Tribute Act they could be difficult opponents today. 

Plus side today is Zander Clark has a mistake in him most games so he hopefully will gift us a goal.

oot

pub for beer and food

Banks O’Dee v Turriff United

meal in town.

1-1 Ramirez 

Get some width in the team in the attacking third.

Get rid of all of these central players we seem to be including all over the place.

I want to see a front six of McLennan, Ferguson, Brown, Hayes, Samuels and Ramirez.

Get some width up top and get two up front and go for goals.

Let’s score some goals and get the place jumpin again. Nobody turns up hoping to see a tight one nil. I’ll take a 4-2 win with a couple each for the front two.

Lets Go Start GIF

3 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Get some width in the team in the attacking third.

Get rid of all of these central players we seem to be including all over the place.

I want to see a front six of McLennan, Ferguson, Brown, Hayes, Samuels and Ramirez.

Get some width up top and get two up front and go for goals.

Let’s score some goals and get the place jumpin again. Nobody turns up hoping to see a tight one nil. I’ll take a 4-2 win with a couple each for the front two.

Lets Go Start GIF

At the moment we seem incapable of keeping it tight 

For all the midfielders we have, we appeared to lack a midfield today. Brown the only one who can pass the ball. Ojo, Ferguson, and Jet too when he was on, not sure what their roles were. Had we taken Ojo & Ferguson out of the team in the second half and played with nine men I think our performance would have been the same.

McGinn & Hayes actually did well off the bench, but that's quite a sad indictment that two players who should probably be back-ups this season are coming in and offering more than the others.

Lot of good balls into the box yet none resulted in an effort on target.

Aye, that was turgid stuff again. A system that's not working with signings that don't fit in it. Others picked out the culprits, but I'd add Ramirez and Samuels to that, who were gash. We desperately need someone to take on for Ramirez when he's playing shite, I assumed that would be Watkins, but I'm guessing Glass sees him as a slow winger before he dropped him today. McRorie also a fucking liability at the back, with Bates looking decent. Still nowhere near to knowing what out best eleven is yet.