Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons v Staggies Match Thread

Assume their chairman will be missing the game on Sunday as he doesn't do Sundays apparently.

That is probably easier to predict than our starting line up on Sunday.

I can't imagine that any of us can guess this right given the additions but feel free to have a go lads. I personally will pass on the challenge.

Regarding Sunday, I'll go with the following:

Out

Golf

Red TV

Radio Show

3-0 ( Ramirez, Gallagher & Longstaffe)

P.S Where is Manc ?

Had this drafted, thought I’d done it last night ?‍♂️

county have had a pretty tough start to the league so hopefully we’ll continue the pain for them. I’m guessing Watkins will be making his first appearance in red (guessing Cardiff dropped that shite) . We’re down to the bare bones defensively, will Longstaff be cleared to play if signed? 

anyway, tough prediction this one, but I’d hope we’d be good enough to beat them. 

out

bed

bed

bed

1-0 dons, ramirez

10 hours ago, manc_don said:

Had this drafted, thought I’d done it last night ?‍♂️

county have had a pretty tough start to the league so hopefully we’ll continue the pain for them. I’m guessing Watkins will be making his first appearance in red (guessing Cardiff dropped that shite) . We’re down to the bare bones defensively, will Longstaff be cleared to play if signed? 

anyway, tough prediction this one, but I’d hope we’d be good enough to beat them. 

out

bed

bed

bed

1-0 dons, ramirez

If Watkins does play I wonder how many reporters in the media will use the oxymoron "second debut"?

On 28/08/2021 at 00:15, Panda said:

Lewis

Ramsay McCrorie Bates Mackenzie

Brown

Ferguson Longstaff 

Jet

Watkins Ramirez

4-4-2 diamond. One last hurrah for Fergie. Dons to pump them & go top of the league.

Don't think Bates clearance has come through yet??

On 28/08/2021 at 07:15, Panda said:

Lewis

Ramsay McCrorie Bates Mackenzie

Brown

Ferguson Longstaff 

Jet

Watkins Ramirez

4-4-2 diamond. One last hurrah for Fergie. Dons to pump them & go top of the league.

That's a pretty decent team like with Samuels 'the bullet' to come off the bench too.

2 minutes ago, Jute said:

Saved by another goal keeping error. No wins in 5. 

I was going bananas when Hayes passed the ball back to the keeper only to realise he'd fucked up and we'd scored.   No question about the MoM - Ramsay is some prospect and will only get better (he was really pissed off on Thursday when he realised he wouldn't be taking the penalty), Campbell played well in the first half as did Samuels, Longstaff looked OK and nice to see him having a shot from outside the box...how many of our players do that? 

Another game where our lack of individual creativity kills us. We were by no means bad but we’re incredibly predictable. We need a #10 who can cause problems centrally. He’ll score, create for the #9, and suck in defenders giving our wide guys more space. Other than hedges jet (who doesn’t seem to know how to use his ability) and young Ramsay we don’t seem to have anyone who is dangerous on the ball. Maybe samuels too but we’re mainly huff and puff athletes.

for what it’s worth, Ramsay is a total stud. Best players we’ve produced in donkeys. Going to be another Andy Robertson.

Just back. Dire performance. Honking defensively and if Lewis wasn't so good at one in ones we'd have been down earlier. Ramsay was great, but we completely lacked shape and any sort of recognisable tactics. Samuels looked like a head down and charge fast player who'll hopefully get better, longstaff looked decent but similar to what we have. Watkins was fine when he came on but I really don't see how he fits into our side. He's clearly not a winger. Jet was the only player who created anything good, with a lovely pass to Hayes (Hayes actually did the correct thing with his shot and the keeper was really well positioned before making a cunt of it). Otherwise we were gash and completely one dimensional. 

I don't know where we go from here. No idea what our best eleven is. Our squad is as lopsided as it was under McInnes. Hopefully the new signings just need a few weeks to gel and Glass adopts a system they can work in (I'm thinking 3-5-2 would maybe get the best out of our squad, but not sure).

I know we're going to have to be patient, but not beating one of the poorest sides in the league at home isn't acceptable.  Wasn't acceptable under McInnes and it won't be acceptable now. I hear we played one up front, at home, against them? Again. Sort it out Glass. Show that you have some sort of game plan / philosophy.  Unbelievably heavily reliant on Hedges coming back to provide any creativity whatsoever. It's a huge risk.

4 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Just back. Dire performance. Honking defensively and if Lewis wasn't so good at one in ones we'd have been down earlier. Ramsay was great, but we completely lacked shape and any sort of recognisable tactics. Samuels looked like a head down and charge fast player who'll hopefully get better, longstaff looked decent but similar to what we have. Watkins was fine when he came on but I really don't see how he fits into our side. He's clearly not a winger. Jet was the only player who created anything good, with a lovely pass to Hayes (Hayes actually did the correct thing with his shot and the keeper was really well positioned before making a cunt of it). Otherwise we were gash and completely one dimensional. 

I don't know where we go from here. No idea what our best eleven is. Our squad is as lopsided as it was under McInnes. Hopefully the new signings just need a few weeks to gel and Glass adopts a system they can work in (I'm thinking 3-5-2 would maybe get the best out of our squad, but not sure).

Lewis           
           McCrorie Gallagher Bates

Ramsay Ferguson Brown Longstaff Hayes

Hedges

Ramirez Watkins 

That back 3 is all right sided though.