Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hearts vs Dons

Unfortunately I missed most of the first half but thought the last 25 mins we looked good.  We are massively lacking in width at the moment but I think glass adapted to that reasonably well.  Campbell did great when he came on which is encouraging but surprised we didn't see mcginn. 

Tell you what, our team is fit if anything else and it's mind-boggling brown is 36.  He's played 180 minutes in 3 days one of which was in a very hot, humid environment and he had barely broken a sweat best I could tell come the final whistle today. I was delighted when we signed him but he has exceeded reasonable expectation if you ask me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Panda said:

I must be the only fan who was quite impressed with our first half tactics. Hearts were buzzing round at 100 miles an hour. They are just hit and hope - get it wide, lump it in and hope something falls for them. They don't actually play any football.

We sat backed, knocked it around the back, let them chase after the ball, and created the best chance and Ramirez really should score. For all Hearts "pressure" I don't remember Joe Lewis having to do much.

Second half, Hearts were blowing out of their arse by the hour mark, but got an almighty slice of luck with the penalty. It's a dive, but also idiotic from Gallagher who, while he can head the ball, not sure he's any better than Ash Taylor.

We controlled the second half, were winning every 50/50, put some fine deliveries into the box but disappointing we didn't test Gordon more.

Jet does some good things but also frustrates the hell out of it you. But what a difference it is having Brown in that midfield - that's when you need him, 1-0 down at Tynecastle and he's winning every ball and goading their lot into giving away free-kicks. And he inspires those around him to do the same - Ojo certainly wasn't getting wired in like that before.

I thought the same as you first half, apart from maybe the last ten minutes. 

I wouldn't say that the Ramirez chance was easy, he struck it first time and hit it well, but Gordon was well positioned as you'd expect. It's not even one I'd have expected Rooney to score, and I think that has to be the benchmark for Ramirez. The jury is very much out still. I think he'll do okay but if he's not scoring then he offers little else. We were desperately needing a replacement after 70 minutes and in that regard it reminds me exactly of the McInnes years with Rooney past his peak. 

Brown was very good today, but I think the change in Ojo is down to workrate and concentration, he never really had an issue getting stuck in. He had several bookings and a red for us previously. He was just always late and rash in the tackle, but now he's not giving away the stupid freekicks.