Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Hearts vs Dons

Love a good trip to tynecastle, always been one of my favourite away days. Obviously our first game against the river swimmer. He’s scored a few goals and be interesting how he copes under the pressure of the crowd if it doesn’t go their way.

we’re obviously down to bare bones and it’s going to be really interesting how we play this, given Thursday’s must win situation. Guessing McCrorie goes into CB alongside Gallagher ? Given how gassed Ramirez looked, I doubt we’ll be playing him from the start. We really need reinforcements. Wonder how cormack will react after hibs made him look bad.

out

bed

bed

hopefully bed

2-0 hearts, no dons scorer

Lewis

Ramsay McCrorie Gallagher Mackenzie

Brown McGeouch

McLennan Ferguson Hayes

Ramirez

Fucking intae them. Pump them and build up momentum ahead of Qarabag. They can all rest next Sunday when we play Ross County at home.

Europa Conference League is nice and that, but three league wins out of three and the title race is on.

Hearts fans are planning a "scarf twirly" in the 26th minute for Marius Zaliukas, since this is their first full house since he died.

I fear it will probably be awkwardly booed by our own support since hardly anyone will know what it's for.

2 hours ago, Panda said:

Hearts fans are planning a "scarf twirly" in the 26th minute for Marius Zaliukas, since this is their first full house since he died.

I fear it will probably be awkwardly booed by our own support since hardly anyone will know what it's for.

To be fair, I don't think the boos themselves will be performed awkwardly, I think they'll likely be quite full blooded. The inappropriate public goading concerning the early death of an opponent is exactly what we've been missing during the pandemic.

4 hours ago, scotfree said:

I hope the team play with the same positive mindset as yourself, sir. 7-0 to us. 

That's it son - to fuck with tiptoeing around the pricks; hammer the bastards right in the bollocks ? 

Too oft we've traipsed into gorgie like it's some fortress or summat - the arseholes cannae stay unrelegated for more than a season for the love of fuck - come on now

Sleeves rolled up or else; tell them Glass son - that's the stuff ?

Aye, should be a good one. No idea how good they are, or us for that matter. First proper test of the season, in terms of seeing where we are (although tempered by the fact we've probably got some Jet* lag). Anything less than a four goal victory should see Glass oot the door.

*Pun intended

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Aye, should be a good one. No idea how good they are, or us for that matter. First proper test of the season, in terms of seeing where we are (although tempered by the fact we've probably got some Jet* lag). Anything less than a four goal victory should see Glass oot the door.

*Pun intended

Which one?

Jet-lag or glass out the door?

31 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Thought Brown has been decent, Jenks poor. Gallagher poor defending for the pen, bit very soft. Ramsay been excellent. 

As soon as I said this, Jenks started to improve. Had a good finish to the game. A good battle, decent performance. That's the McRorie we signed.

• Like 1

Saw little of the game but it looked like another very physical game and McLennan going off injured. Ferguson and Hayes seem to get beaten up every game and I fear for Thursday, will we have enough fit and fresh players. Don’t know the rules but a signing or two that can play Thursday would really help. 
any news on Mackenzie? Considine? Hedges?

as for the game, see virtually nothing from jenks, very disappointed in him so far, and getting less impressed with JET by the game. Lazy and not the smartest. A player with talent and skill but not much else. 
another game where I’m crying out for a creative #10….

Jenks good second half.

JET also decided to turn up today.

Ramsay just what I'm starting to expect week in, week out ftom the young lad.

McCrorie best game in a long time.

Broon is a total cunt, but our cunt and currently living rent free in Neilson's heid

If anything over the course of the ninety seven minutes think we just about shaded it.

Think McKenzie not playing was merely a precaution ?

I must be the only fan who was quite impressed with our first half tactics. Hearts were buzzing round at 100 miles an hour. They are just hit and hope - get it wide, lump it in and hope something falls for them. They don't actually play any football.

We sat backed, knocked it around the back, let them chase after the ball, and created the best chance and Ramirez really should score. For all Hearts "pressure" I don't remember Joe Lewis having to do much.

Second half, Hearts were blowing out of their arse by the hour mark, but got an almighty slice of luck with the penalty. It's a dive, but also idiotic from Gallagher who, while he can head the ball, not sure he's any better than Ash Taylor.

We controlled the second half, were winning every 50/50, put some fine deliveries into the box but disappointing we didn't test Gordon more.

Jet does some good things but also frustrates the hell out of it you. But what a difference it is having Brown in that midfield - that's when you need him, 1-0 down at Tynecastle and he's winning every ball and goading their lot into giving away free-kicks. And he inspires those around him to do the same - Ojo certainly wasn't getting wired in like that before.