Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Franchise FC v Dons 08/08.

Had a couple of problems with my t'internet cutting out this afternoon and was running a couple of minutes behind.

92 and a half mins gone and the dreaded doughnut starts spinning on my screen.

By time fixed the issue Red TV coverage finished and showing Joe Lewis interview yet again.

Rumour has it we won apparently.

Will have to catch it on Sportscene tonight I guess ?

• Haha 1

Gurr at times has such poor control you wonder if he has ever seen a football but today despite some poor first touches and lack of control early on I felt he just grew and grew into the game and would probably have given him MOTM. Him or McKenzie.

Great to wake up to use getting the 3 points! Doesn't sound like it was pretty but fuck it, 5 changes and he now knows we need more depth. Decent hit from Jenks, not sure what the fuck their keeper was doing for their second lol

We're gonna pay for that hun like pitch invasion though.  I understood it when the huns did it (still pished myself with laughter), and understand that that's the first proper away game in 17 months, but just hope it doesn't impact our attempts at a full house. 

Highlights are up:

Teddy's goal was really well taken goal. And it was a cert that Anderson would score against us. If I was a betting guy I would have put some money on that... Bold move from Glass with the changes. You would have to think that this would have of been loss/draw under McInnes. Even if It's the first game that some fans have been too in over a year and we score a winner in injury time does not mean you can run onto the pitch like a bunch of old firm fans. That will cost us money. Bunch of fucking arseholes. 

56 minutes ago, scotfree said:

Teddy's goal was really well taken goal. And it was a cert that Anderson would score against us. If I was a betting guy I would have put some money on that... Bold move from Glass with the changes. You would have to think that this would have of been loss/draw under McInnes. Even if It's the first game that some fans have been too in over a year and we score a winner in injury time does not mean you can run onto the pitch like a bunch of old firm fans. That will cost us money. Bunch of fucking arseholes. 

Let the ‘arseholes’ have fun then!! Good for them and I don’t think the club will ultimately care that much, Glass even commented on it post game. Yes it costs the club money but I’m sure Cornmack doesn’t mind writing a check when things are pretty positive with the club right now. It’s been a shit 18 months and the first away league game for fuck knows how long with fans and they get a 95th minute winner. I fucking hit the roof here in LA when it went in and celebrated like we’d won the fucking cup winners cup! Put things in perspective, no harm done.

14 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Let the ‘arseholes’ have fun then!! Good for them and I don’t think the club will ultimately care that much, Glass even commented on it post game. Yes it costs the club money but I’m sure Cornmack doesn’t mind writing a check when things are pretty positive with the club right now. It’s been a shit 18 months and the first away league game for fuck knows how long with fans and they get a 95th minute winner. I fucking hit the roof here in LA when it went in and celebrated like we’d won the fucking cup winners cup! Put things in perspective, no harm done.

Yep. It's been a shit 18 months, but how many other teams fans ran on to the pitch when they scored?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scotfree said:

Yep. It's been a shit 18 months, but how many other teams fans ran on to the pitch when they scored?

How many other teams scored the winner in the 95th minute away, after a shit first half and a goal down? A goal by a young kid and a real find to our first team. Playing in a lineup that had us all scratching our head with the players rested. It’s only a big deal because people make it one. It’s not. No harm was done and the fans were being entertained and having fun. Is that bad?

2 hours ago, LA-Don said:

How many other teams scored the winner in the 95th minute away, after a shit first half and a goal down? A goal by a young kid and a real find to our first team. Playing in a lineup that had us all scratching our head with the players rested. It’s only a big deal because people make it one. It’s not. No harm was done and the fans were being entertained and having fun. Is that bad?

Not sure I quite agree with the reasoning. A lot of post-rationalising going on there. Had that been the huns (a la a couple of seasons ago or whenever it was), our support would have ridiculed them. In fact, we did ridicule them for it. And they thought they were going to win the league.  We have no moral high ground now.

I just hope we don't hear that a player has got covid. That really would fuck everything up, and for what? I get it, it's a moment of pure joy but there is a bigger picture here.  

• Like 1

It's extremely unlikely that a player would get covid from that situation, but it's not a great look either. It would have taken the presence of probably two stewards to prevent that from happening however, even one. You don't even need heavy handedness, just literally a person standing at the gate (with the gate closed) would be enough for the first couple of people to pause and the moment would be gone. Once the first couple run through the open passage, the rest follow. I've no problem with the dons being fined - they should be - but Livingston should have a series of recommendations on their desk this week to prevent it happening again. 

5 hours ago, LA-Don said:

Hearts winner against Celtic?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

It's extremely unlikely that a player would get covid from that situation, but it's not a great look either. It would have taken the presence of probably two stewards to prevent that from happening however, even one. You don't even need heavy handedness, just literally a person standing at the gate (with the gate closed) would be enough for the first couple of people to pause and the moment would be gone. Once the first couple run through the open passage, the rest follow. I've no problem with the dons being fined - they should be - but Livingston should have a series of recommendations on their desk this week to prevent it happening again. 

Watched it again, my apologies there is a steward, it's just that he appears to open the gate for them! To be fair, they appear to have spilled out from the corner area first (or at the same time), so maybe saw that and just let them go at it. It does look like it would be a fairly easy thing to prevent happening though, hopefully they'll get some warning. I disagree with Glass that it's pent up 18 months or some balls. That's the sort of shite you here from the British media when watching the Olympics, as if we're the only country (city in our case) to have experienced the pandemic. I think we were slightly out of order, but it's a fairly minor thing that shouldn't get blown out of proportion.

• Like 2