Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs County

Yip good analysis. Would love to have seen what our early season football could have brought out of Cosgrove. We saw what he can do early last season ....til last seasons hoofball ground the enthusiasm out of him(IMO).That form must be still there,you'd think it would be tease outable again with a bit of effort

Think you’re being pretty harsh on Main, he’s not that bad.

He also looks 100% fit so deserves to keep his place for the next game. His 2nd goal yesterday was a great bit of movement. He’s never really had a proper run in the team so it’s difficult to judge him properly until he gets a few consecutive games. I’m a fan of his all action style, he makes life difficult for the centre halves and that’s his job.

4 hours ago, tup1 said:

Think you’re being pretty harsh on Main, he’s not that bad.

He also looks 100% fit so deserves to keep his place for the next game. His 2nd goal yesterday was a great bit of movement. He’s never really had a proper run in the team so it’s difficult to judge him properly until he gets a few consecutive games. I’m a fan of his all action style, he makes life difficult for the centre halves and that’s his job.

I am, you're right. He does deserve his place, he's earned it. I don't think it was good movement for his goal, it just came to him. A fantastic turn and hit though, he can hit a ball. Given the fact that it seems he's a part time bouncer, I'm not surprised he gives defenders a hard time. I think he's very reactive and gets beaten to the ball too often, hence he ends up fouling. Anyway, he's doing well as you say. 

Main is the sort of player that can just position himself on the penalty spot every time we attack and he’ll get 10-15 goals a season but will offer little else. No need to read the game, law of averages says that if he stands in the same dangerous position the ball will fall to him often enough.