Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The Forgotten Man - Ronald Hernandez????????

9 hours ago, DantheDon said:

How does that even work? Surely he's got to come back, he's our player? It's been such a strange signing, obviously it wasn't just Mcinnes that wasn't keen on him.

I don't think he was ever our player really. We were clearly being used as a vehicle by our parent club. The greater dilemma would have been if he hadn't been shite. Imagine having to give up a decent player at way under value? 

I'd love to hear McInnes' take on it once he gets a new job. I'm surprised nobody has asked the scout boy that was punted his take on it as I suspect he's got far less of a confidentiality agreement in place.

46 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I don't think he was ever our player really. We were clearly being used as a vehicle by our parent club.

This is the logical explanation. Maybe Atlanta get some complicated tax/salary cap benefit from loaning a player instead of buying him directly. We got to have a Venezuelan international at the club for free. You could argue it makes sense for both clubs unless it blows up in our face at some point.

• 1 month later...

He was in the MLS Re-Entry draft list in December (players over 22 whose contract hadn't been extended by current club i.e. Atlanta).  The list said there was an option, so presumably the loan deal (which is with MLS, not Atlanta) could be extended if another MLS club wanted him.  He wasn't picked up in that draft, but is now made available to all MLS clubs on first come, first served basis.  No idea how long that remains open for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KWT15 said:

He was in the MLS Re-Entry draft list in December (players over 22 whose contract hadn't been extended by current club i.e. Atlanta).  The list said there was an option, so presumably the loan deal (which is with MLS, not Atlanta) could be extended if another MLS club wanted him.  He wasn't picked up in that draft, but is now made available to all MLS clubs on first come, first served basis.  No idea how long that remains open for.

Welcome to the site, KWT15. Thanks for the info. 🙂

23 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

It's fair enough. They forced him on us, they can clean it up. 

Which is what I was coming on to say.

I am not convinced he was ever really our player and have a feeling that this maybe the same for our new midfielder as well.