Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Farking B teams again

59 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Looks like the Dons are set to join in the ruination of Scottish football, this time the Highland league. Making a complete cunt of the pyramid so that our young players can all play together every week. Once again we jump into bed with the scum.

Disappointing that we look to play a part in this.

Would rather we went back to a proper reserve league, with an allowance to introduce injured first teamers to play in limited numbers to get match fitness when returning.

• Like 2

Reserve league is clearly they way forward and worked for years before the Glasgow bigots killed it. 

Really unhappy we are yet again siding with both these cunts on this as they do nothing that is for the good of Scottish football just themselves. How does relegating 200 teams down the pyramid help Scottish football. Some of these teams have put a lot of money time and effort to work their way through the pyramid. Now they will be getting relegated just to accommodate the bigots and their hangers on like us. It’s just not right. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jute said:

if not a ringing condemnation of a stupid idea

This. They go someway towards addressing the point, with important mentions of the Highland and Junior leagues, but a more scathing attack on the structure of the game would have been worthwhile. The wider point being made was about what was best for Aberdeen, and I think we need to look way beyond that selfish and insular approach if we're to really make things better in Scotland. That said, it's a strong decision, likely to have been taken under considerable pressure from the power holders, so well done AFC on reaching the right conclusion.

Next up, refuse to allow VAR back into Pittodrie.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good stuff. They're still peddling the myth that it was about player development of course. I hope that we don't get an expanded loan system either like the Dons suggested, where we could send half a dozen players to one team. That'd be shite. The available reserve league, coupled with loans is absolutely fine. We risk diluting the other leagues with anything else. These teams have identities and supports, they don't need to be an afterthought.

On 05/06/2023 at 20:04, RicoS321 said:

Good stuff. They're still peddling the myth that it was about player development of course. I hope that we don't get an expanded loan system either like the Dons suggested, where we could send half a dozen players to one team. That'd be shite. The available reserve league, coupled with loans is absolutely fine. We risk diluting the other leagues with anything else. These teams have identities and supports, they don't need to be an afterthought.

Pretty much what I was going to say other than I would like to see original reserve league set up return with senior players returning from injury playing alongside youngsters. 

Also Maxwell should go for all bullshit he was pushing on this but he won’t. 

• 2 weeks later...