Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

First choice goalie for next season

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Soutar's got the jersey and it's his to lose. It's his turn now and, barring injury/a series of calamitous fuck ups, it's his til at least the end of the season. We won't be signing a new keeper unless we lose one, and if we do, it definitely won't be the Polish guy at Peterhead. It probably won't be Esson either, as we were just doing him a favour. However, if we need a new keeper desperately, i wouldn't rule him out.

Just please God, nae Ryan fucking Esson

Now probably isn't the right time to tell you then, that he was sitting just a handful of seats from me in the Main Stand on Sunday...

Hmmm... I've heard he won't, unless we lose either Langfield or Souter, and even then it depends on who else is available at the time.

Well I'd heard that it was dependent on one of our "keepers" leaving in the summer, however, it seems likely that one will.  And then, going on previous experience, you really think JC would "scout" a keeper when he's got one on his doorstep who's also great to have around the place...?  ;)

Well I'd heard that it was dependent on one of our "keepers" leaving in the summer, however, it seems likely that one will.  And then, going on previous experience, you really think JC would "scout" a keeper when he's got one on his doorstep who's also great to have around the place...?  ;)

Sadly, as the final say on signings goes to JC, you're probably right.  :-[  However, a glimmer of hope is that JC doesn't scout for keepers. That's left to someone who's meant to know about them and what to look for...

Sadly, as the final say on signings goes to JC, you're probably right.  :-[  However, a glimmer of hope is that JC doesn't scout for keepers. That's left to someone who's meant to know about them and what to look for...

I can guarantee that Leighton had utterly no input into the Langfield signing. He did for Soutars, but definitely not for Langfield.

I can guarantee that Leighton had utterly no input into the Langfield signing. He did for Soutars, but definitely not for Langfield.

I'll take your word for that, as i've got no idea as far as that goes. All i know about is the current situation. He couldn't have scouted Langfield anyway. He never played for Dunfermline as far as i remember.

Ahh, he never played for them, you are correct.

I do remember some grumblings that we were signing a player who couldn't even force his way into the pars team now.

My Dundee mate laughed cos he was a Dundee and Pars reject in the literal sense that he couldn't force his way to play for either of them.

My Dundee mate laughed cos he was a Dundee and Pars reject in the literal sense that he couldn't force his way to play for either of them.

My Dundee mate (who you know) always rated him highly, but did warn me that he was liable to have a collapse of form at times. He got it right  :-\

I think Langfield made his 50th career appearance playing for us. If he was 21, i'd say that was fair enough. He was, however, 25 or something. Had his career been spent at one of the ugly sisters, you could understand the lack of games. Sadly, Jamie's career had taken in such luminaries of the modern game as Dundee, Raith, Partick and Dunfermline. I was never inspired by his arrival. He did a hell of a lot that changed my mind about him earlier this season though, but it's definitely time for him to take a back seat for a while.

Could simply be that his confidence has taken an almighty doing after shipping all those goals wi a rank rotten defence and midfield in front of him.

The same happened to Gordon at Sunderland.

I don't doubt for a second that Calderwood thinks Langfield is the better of the 2 keepers but something had to give.

Could simply be that his confidence has taken an almighty doing after shipping all those goals wi a rank rotten defence and midfield in front of him.

The same happened to Gordon at Sunderland.

I don't doubt for a second that Calderwood thinks Langfield is the better of the 2 keepers but something had to give.

How about giving us a break nd playins sensible football then? ;)