Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

First choice goalie for next season

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think it should be between a new goalie and Langfield as Soutar has already said he doesn't want to stay. Great performance by him but he wants offski.

Would suggest the reason he wanted away is that manager was not picking him and had dropped him for a keeper who kept making numerous mistakes. Would think if has a run in the team then might change his mind about going. I would keep Souter and punt Langfield if a better repalcement can be found/afforded.

One swallow disnae make a summer as they say

Jury still out on this one for me, but credit where credit is due Soapy had a fecking great game yesterday :thumbsup:

I'd rather keep langfield than soapy as well. I'm still unconvinced by him. Don't get me wrong. He had a great game yesterday, but I concur with what you said.

Guest Caroline B

Neither of the current incumbents make me feel confident, despite a good display from soapy yesterday.

Remember Langfield had a great game against Dnipro and subsequently had a few other decent matches too.

Goalies are by the nature of their position, under the microscope more than outfield players, which is why we always have a debate about our own. I'd like to see a new keeper. It's up to Soapy and Clangers to prove us wrong

I was impressed by the way Langfield came back from being stuck on the bench to be much more assertive in and aound the six yard box. He also seemed to dictate and instruct  the defence much better than Severin was dong.  I always think that your keeper is only as good as the defence in front of him.  If the defence put a keeper under constant pressure then eventually he will nake a mistake. We have had such an unsettled back line this year that I reckon you can only judge the true quality of these keepers when the defence as a unit begins to gel.

I say wait until next season for the tango man to sort out the shambles of a defence (and fuck any rotational policy he may be scheming, it just dont work) and then see.

When Langfield came back into the side there was a tangible improvement in the side.

The midfield and defence are a total Jakki Brambles at times and as CS said, bound to put the keeper under intense pressure.

Shipping as many goals as we have recently is bound also to badly affect the confidence of the keeper, who ever it is.

I'd still give Langfield my vote but Soutar has done very little wrong and yesterday was absolutely outstanding.  :thumbsup:

Neither are good enough, both have their good points but overall their bad points are too pronounced. Baith of them are shite when the ball is in the air, Soapy especially is glues to his line most of the time.

I'd make getting a new goalie a top priority and have Langfield as number 2 next season.

Just please God, nae Ryan fucking Esson

One good game and he is now the best thing since sliced bread, oh dear aberdeen fans really are a fickle bunch.

New keeper, wouldna mind an experienced one with that guy from the blootoon coming in aswell to learn the league and get a few games here and there.