Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Absolutely gutted. More so than any result in years. Would have rather got pumped than endure that.

Where did the extra six or seven minutes come from at the end? What was the free kick for? And what fucking else is new when you're playing Celtic?

The 2nd half started late

No we weren't, it was a good game with lots of chances on both sides. Souter had a stand out game and made some some amazing saves. If only we played like that every week!

Would say we were robbed as it was never a free kick just before their goal. After the free kick was taken their player goesin high & it's play on. Referee was atrocious today.

No we weren't, it was a good game with lots of chances on both sides. Souter had a stand out game and made some some amazing saves. If only we played like that every week!

I see where you are coming from, perhaps you're right. Just really despondent after the match. Still feel we did enough to win it. Had it not been for a disgraceful performance for the referee I think we would have left with a place in the semi finals.

im not blaming the ref. We had 2 chances to hoof the ball into the celtic half and both times the defender kicked fresh air. Suddenly they got space and as soon as that ball was played in you knew it was a goal. My only hope was there would be a flag or a foul or something but no.

Made me so sick I actually went into work for 3 hrs  :hammer:

But at the same time they hit the woodwork so many times it should have been over long before jeff scored (and frankly id say that was one of the goals of the tournament)

If the replay is on a tuesday then ill be going along but I cant see anything other than a hammering. That is unless we demand and fill our 10% (or is it 20%) allocation.

Imagine the look on the celtic fans faces if between 6 and 12 thousand dons fans turned up.  :ooh:

Aye, I agree we did enough to win it today. Boruc made some amazing saves along with Souter.

Personally I didn't think the ref had a bad game, but I would like to see the free kick at the end again. However, it all comes down to (not blaming him as he was under pressure) Severin missing the ball after the free kick. If he had connected the ball was away and we would have been through.

Im gutted also but its always the same so near yet so far (do you think aberdeen are getting like scotland some great results then the big fall always) Having said that if i was a tim i would have been gutted as well having hit the woodwork so many times

I only wish the reply was at home as we dont do fuckall away

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/2008/03/10/jeffrey-de-visscher-i-thought-my-goal-would-win-it-for-aberdeen-86908-20346500/

JEFFREY DE VISSCHER took one look at yesterday's match-day programme and knew what he wanted.

On the cover were two of his fellow Dutchmen, Theo Snelders and Hans Gillhaus, who won the Scottish Cup with Aberdeen back in 1990.

The young midfielder decided there and then he was also going to be a Scottish Cup hero.

And with just 90 seconds left of this incredible cup tie, de Visscher allowed himself to believe that it was his goal which had taken the Dons to a semi-final meeting with First Division Queen of the South.

And he even began to think about being 180 minutes away from glory and, at the worst, another crack at Europe.

Then another Dutchman, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, slid the ball over the line and destroyed all those dreams.

De Visscher said: "It was a good cross and a good finish by Celtic but it's unbelievably disappointing.

"Everyone thought we'd won and for a few minutes I didn't know where I was with my mind.

"It would be great to win a cup with Aberdeen in my first year.

"I hear stories about Theo Snelders and Hans Gillhaus and what they achieved. I was told if we get to a final we will take 25,000 fans.

"There is still an opportunity but this was a big chance.

"It's not nice that another Dutchman scored in the final seconds. I didn't say anything to Jan at the end.

"I was just so disappointed I didn't want to see him. I'll keep it to myself what I'd like to say to him!

"It's still possible to win but we will have to play better in Glasgow and hopefully get a few goals."

Seve (who I thought had an excellent game) mis-kicked the ball out of defence which led to the equaliser.

Saw the highlights last night, must have looked some game on TV with all the chances and the great saves from both keepers.

Soapy was excellent.  Calderwood's decision to drop Langfield has paid off for the time being.

Still absolutely gutted about the result. But we played really well and deserved the win. Just wasn't to be I guess. They lads have to take confidence from their performance though, was the best domestically for a long time (hibs?). We can goto the potato dome and do it. I just wish I was going  >:( Referee didn't have a bad game but typical fucking celtic...