Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Is Jimmy's training methods akin to that of using a torture chamber??

Read on the pre match hype article  on AFC Site that Duff has picked up an injury in training.  YET ANOTHER PLAYER injured at training. We have too many players injured during competitive GAMES ever mind training. Is this a problem of

a) Overworked players? ::)

b)Poor training methods (al la management team)

c)Poor training facilities

d)Other reasons.

Surely summink aint right when we have so many player injured during training?

I think you've covered most of it right there.

Hernias were the order of the day a wee while back, now it seems hamstrings are the vogue injury.

I suspect the training and conditioning have been sacrificed due to the number of games the players have had this season which may well have been a mistake.

The medical staff have to have a look at themselves as do the players. Too many are breaking down both in training and on the pitch on or near their return from injury.

As for Duff, every cloud and all that. ;)

The medical staff have to have a look at themselves as do the players. Too many are breaking down both in training and on the pitch on or near their return from injury.

Although that is probably true to an extent, David Wylie and John Sharp have been at the club for years and are highly respected within the game itself, never mind just at Pittodrie. We've never had such problems as this (well, not that i can remember). The thing that worries me is the number of times JC is in the press saying "<insert players name> will probably come in and tell me on Friday that he's fit to play, that's the type of lad he is..." And then he plays and gets taken off after 30 mins and he's out for another 4 weeks.

Fitsat fan its at hame? Is that like the all weather pitch at th Chris Anderson stadium en?

Reminds me of an amusing incident at a past AGM.

Willie Miller was not involved in the club at the time but stood up to ask a question along the lines of "When is the club getting new training facilities?  You are still using the same playing fields that we were using in the 1980s!"

Before Milne could answer, Ebbe comes out with "Ah, but there's new grass there now!" to much hilarity.

Anyway Willie, when are we getting new training facilities?

Although that is probably true to an extent, David Wylie and John Sharp have been at the club for years and are highly respected within the game itself, never mind just at Pittodrie. We've never had such problems as this (well, not that i can remember). The thing that worries me is the number of times JC is in the press saying "<insert players name> will probably come in and tell me on Friday that he's fit to play, that's the type of lad he is..." And then he plays and gets taken off after 30 mins and he's out for another 4 weeks.

There is one other factor. Maybe it's just shitty luck.

Reminds me of an amusing incident at a past AGM.

Willie Miller was not involved in the club at the time but stood up to ask a question along the lines of "When is the club getting new training facilities?  You are still using the same playing fields that we were using in the 1980s!"

Before Milne could answer, Ebbe comes out with "Ah, but there's new grass there now!" to much hilarity.

Anyway Willie, when are we getting new training facilities?

Poacher turned gamekeeper with an ability to avoid taking responsibility up there wi Calderwood and even, dare I say it, Milne himself.

Haha. Dinnae care how many people on here hate him. I thought Ebbe was brilliant. His one-liners would've been at home on stage, lol. I had sssssssooooooo hoped his grand blueprint from Brondby would work at Aberdeen. It had all the hallmarks of being a plan that would and SHOULD work. But Brondby's board were behind him all the way. Aberdeen's board were too interested in cutting corners left, right and centre whilst they kept increasing the salary of the Chief Executive.

Agreed. I cant remeber problems to this extent in previous years. The folk who do return (eventually) from injuries dont seem to have spells in the reserves, but get plunged staight back to full competitive games.

Haha. Dinnae care how many people on here hate him. I thought Ebbe was brilliant. His one-liners would've been at home on stage, lol. I had sssssssooooooo hoped his grand blueprint from Brondby would work at Aberdeen. It had all the hallmarks of being a plan that would and SHOULD work. But Brondby's board were behind him all the way. Aberdeen's board were too interested in cutting corners left, right and centre whilst they kept increasing the salary of the Chief Executive.

I think you are misrepresenting the sentiment for Ebbe a bit RR. I didn't hate the dude, quite the opposite in fact, I was very relieved to see him leave though.

But again the board can be directly associated with being shite yet again.  :(

Had another thought about this late last night...

We sold Anderson who was very rarely injured and he's hardly kicked a ball for Sunderland.  Hart and Clark were next to be sold and both of them have started their new careers on the treatment table dispite only very rarely being out injured.

Again that could all be shit luck but to me that says we're playing injured players or just not picking up on the fact that they're fucked.

Very poor in my opinion.